Marker Generator

This is a great tool.  Thank you.   Is there any chance you could set one up that makes some sort of "Base hugger" for marking conditions on models?

Flimsy won't be an issue, I print cards and counters on photo paper so they are pretty thick.  I think 6mm would be better, no picture but the ability to type onto it like the counters would be great.   Thank you.

I've updated the Malifaux Marker Generator with the option to make either rounded border or flat border (somewhat like what SMOOTHWD40 did), and with the option to select a custom border color.

Btw, I have found that printing from Firefox actually gives the best result than Chrome when printing directly. For some reason, Chrome uses rather low resolution when embedding images in the svg file.

• 1 month later...

Nice tool!

I end up getting black insides instead of images, I'm running over Chrome. Are there certain image formats that the tool "prefers" over others for compatability?

I found out the problem seemed to be with the file names I had chosen. :)

• 8 months later...

How do I save full sheet as pdf?

I am using Mozilla Firefox and I can only save it as svg. I tried to convert it to pdf via online convertor, but it changed size of markers to almost 35 mm.

I also tried Internet Explorer (and appropriate version of Marker Generator) and I can save it as svg, bmp or png. Where do I go from there?

Or should I just save it as svg? I want to print it on a thick coated paper in copy center.

Thank you

For the incompetant.

How do you place an image into the marker in such a way as it fills the borders cleanly?

I'm trying to use a saved photo from the web and I end up with a small rectangle within the larger circle with a border to each side. I'm not real good with these tools, what (if any) is the fix?

I've been experimenting some more with javascript, and have made a new version with sliders for positioning and zooming the image. This version can be used for images that are not square. (Note: If the image is square and not zoomed, the position cannot be changed. I probably should add some visual feedback for sliders that cannot be used...)

What do you think?

By the way, while experimenting I found that if you include several large images, the browser might crash when opening full sheet  :huh: !

There seems to be a rather low (and browser depended) byte size limit for the full sheet svg file (around 1-2 MB). For me this limit was reached with Chrome when including 3-4 images with a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. So don't do that! 300 x 300 pixel images (or similar) should be sufficient for printing.

@Sancho: What size should these markers be? Should they still include the border with the text?

• 2 weeks later...