When will this game be available to non-kickstarters

Dreamchipper

A close-up of a painted Hannah would be awesome - tough to see details in a batch like that. 

Some of the multi-part minis would be awesome too - even if it's just a test sprue or something (be clear that there will be differences if you do something like that though).

Don't think the vodoo doll has been shown in a KS update either. 

As mentioned, showing a few of the cards would be cool too.

Those types of things would be great to show, if only to say "we haven't forgotten about you, look at what you get". 

The kickstarters that get the best reputations are the ones that keep open lines of communication like that. Mierce for example posts an update every friday - sometimes there's some concept art, usually some WIP sculpts. Things like that keep people involved and excited, even if there's delays.

• Like 1

A close-up of a painted Hannah would be awesome - tough to see details in a batch like that. 

Some of the multi-part minis would be awesome too - even if it's just a test sprue or something (be clear that there will be differences if you do something like that though).

Don't think the vodoo doll has been shown in a KS update either. 

As mentioned, showing a few of the cards would be cool too.

Those types of things would be great to show, if only to say "we haven't forgotten about you, look at what you get". 

But they can wait a week or so, in order to have something to give people on a regular basis...

Yup. Just checked and they did get posted there. I saw gencon pics, but couldn't remember if the dolls were in the updates. That's perfect, as were things like the multipose previews and art previews. A weekly update that gives honest expectations and shows something new off is the best way of keeping backers happy. 

I think I may be off in my own world here. It seems like most of the kickstarters out there come in pretty late (not sure if anyone was in the FPS russia one, that one took forever). At first as a whole I was kind of disappointed, now on the other hand not so much. As Nathan had mentioned I'd rather see a more finished game (version one of a rpg game will never be perfectly finished) than something rushed out the door to appease people. It's just like work for myself, if something goes wrong you have to readjust and it may take more time so be it. Also when you look at a few other products that were rushed things come up. University models could have been playtested a bit more so the wave 2 cards were the same that showed up in the box, and looking at the vik's I mean they are giants (which I find particularly awesome myself)!

The best part though about being patient is that when it finally shows up it's like christmas in whatever month it shows up, (hopefully not December 2014 please!!!). So I don't know about you but I'm quite excited to see the final product in my hand. The pdf's have been a nice touch so far, have quite enjoyed reading them. So as far as I'm concerned I can't wait to get my package and voodoo doll with it!

• Like 4

I've just had to clean this thread up again. Let me reiterate - people who feel they wish to complain have a right to do so (provided they're constructive and polite about it. Freedom of speech doesn't guarantee we have to put up with obnoxiousness). People happy with the situation have the right to be so as well.

Neither side has the right to tell the other which is acceptable or the correct side to be on. 

Because I'm feeling nice today, I'm going to leave the thread open. But one more drift into 'X side is whining/belittling/attacking/being unfair', or any retaliation to it, and people will be getting in trouble. Not because they disagree or agree with something Wyrd has done, but because the community doesn't have to put up with that kind of stupidity on the forum.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

While the length of time between when the project was stated to be finished as part of the kickstarter and when it's now looking like it's going to be released is what it is, I have a side question that does not appear to have been asked yet.  I'm not so much concerned with the "when" but the "how much" for non-kickstarters.  Is there any idea yet what the MSRP will be for these products when they hit store shelves?  Forgive me if I've missed another topic somewhere that covers this, I didn't find it when I looked through.

Our campaign will be going a while Bow, so you probably wouldn't be needing the Fatemaster's brick book for a while yet. :D

Last Chronicles lists the books at $40 each, along with the Fate Master's Kit ($25) and the TtB edition fate deck ($15). I'm guessing the pile of goodies like the screen etc that were in the KS will be the FMs kit, but I have no real idea. 

• Like 2

Well, it's up for preorder on the miniatures market.

Not that this necessarily means much.  I can point you to several shops that have had products available for preorder for the last 9 months that won't be available for at least another 3-6+.

Might even just be that MM got word of the MSRP from their distributor (or hell, just reading Wyrd's own chronicles) and decided to get the word out early (and at a notable discount at that).

But, well, it's something.  And if it is indicative of an official word, hopefully it'll be followed shortly by updates noting when the backers should start expecting packages, and when non-backers can expect retailers to start receiving stock.

i did see an advertisement in the newet game traders magazine (GTM) that said summer 2014.....   so hopefully in the next 3 months or so would be superb....  untill then ill happily wait ... i have a feeling it will be very worth it...

--Woe

Unfortunately, "Summer" officially ends in late September.

So even with a Gencon early release, it might not be in stores for another 5 or so.

Edit: Never mind, The War Store has it listed for a June release.

http://www.thewarstore.com/wyrdpreorders.html

While they have had things slide back in the past, back when I used to pay attention to such things, they were a generally reliable source of information.