Perdita Ortega - An Intermediate Guide

Panner_

I'm only seeing a positive twist on damage from the old psyco, unless I'm missing an upgrade or something..

The Spotter ability is what I think we all can agree on, Nino-fans and others alike. That is an incredibly powerful ability if you are playing interact-heavy strategys and schemes, and are running with at least a handful of family models. 

You are correct! I was writing this at work and my memory failed me! :P It is a positive flip on damage received from Loco. I think it was +2 damage somewhere during the beta.

Apologies for the confusion. I have amended my post that caused it :)

• 7 months later...

Hoffman would be one good choice. He likes to form a big ball of death and get close and personal, so Turf War is a very good strategy for him. He can also place Claim markers more easily than pretty much any other master in game. That covers quite well the two strategies Perdita is weakest in.

He also compliment's Perdita well because things that are good against family models usually aren't very good against Hoffman's constructs and vice versa.

The downside to choosing Hoffman as your second master is of course that the two crews have quite little overlap, so you pretty much need to get separate models for each.

• Like 1

The downside to choosing Hoffman as your second master is of course that the two crews have quite little overlap, so you pretty much need to get separate models for each.

With the little exception of the Watcher who is very good in both crews, but very sound analysis otherwise.

Hoffman would be one good choice. He likes to form a big ball of death and get close and personal, so Turf War is a very good strategy for him. He can also place Claim markers more easily than pretty much any other master in game. That covers quite well the two strategies Perdita is weakest in.

He also compliment's Perdita well because things that are good against family models usually aren't very good against Hoffman's constructs and vice versa.

Cool. Thanks for that advice.

I was initially considering Lady Justice as my second master. I really can't afford to buy a lot of models so I'm trying to just expand Perdita optimally and just get a 2nd master to fill in the gaps.

Cool. Thanks for that advice.

I was initially considering Lady Justice as my second master. I really can't afford to buy a lot of models so I'm trying to just expand Perdita optimally and just get a 2nd master to fill in the gaps.

Sonnia is my pick as the complement to my Ortega crew (I play those two the most when I play Guild).

Yes, she is very ranged like 'Dita, but she can take a much more melee oriented crew. She is solid in Turf War because she can kill enemy models in the center and replace them with Stalkers. Summoning Stalkers half way across the table puts them in great position to run off and do Breakthrough or Plant Evidence, etc.

I like a Stalker in my Ortega crew because the big two ('Dita and 'Cisco) don't have Shrug Off....and Shrug Off doesn't work on things like Slow and Paralyze. I regularly use one of two Ortegas (usually not both at the same time) in my Sonnia crew....either 'Cisco as a Sonnia bodyguard or Papa to increase Sonnia's damage potential.

• Like 1

I think Hoffmann is overall the better choice, as he compliments Dita very well, just like Myyrä said.

But Dgraz makes a very good point: For what it's worth, I begin to think that you can never do wrong in picking Criid. At the moment, I feel she is the most take-all-comers choice.

• Like 2

At the moment, I feel she is the most take-all-comers choice.

I've been saying that for a long time.

If I'm not sure 'Dita can handle it, I default to Criid. She functions well in just about any situation and she has a very solid core of models to start any game with.....I usually only change a couple of models in and out of her lists.

• Like 1

I've been saying that for a long time.

Well, pardon me for needing some time to arrive at your level of wisdom!  :D

I could have believed you untested, of course, but what would be the fun in that? Should have known you would be right in the end, however.

• Like 1