McMourning and Co. Tactica

Kriltic

18 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

So I am currently building  up Marcus,  and I do have a Dr. Dufresne laying about,  So what might I be looking to pick up that will bolster both crews, and what other McMourning specific add ons might I be wanting?

Rogue Necromancy! I've never regretted taking one with either of them. Canine remains are fairly ok scheme runners for both and McMourning will want them for summons. McMourning will need flesh constructs since he summons several if things are going as they should. Assuming resser McMourning since nothing was specified.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Rogue Necromancy! I've never regretted taking one with either of them. Canine remains are fairly ok scheme runners for both and McMourning will want them for summons. McMourning will need flesh constructs since he summons several if things are going as they should. Assuming resser McMourning since nothing was specified.

Shikome is also a good option for someone building up a collection of non-Arcanist beasts for Marcus's hiring pool that also works well with McMourning. They are mobile, hit decently hard, apply the Poison Condition, and can charge targets with the Poison Condition as a 1AP action. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Clement said:

Oh hey, good point.  I was thinking it was something involving hallucinogens and double leaping, which doesn't work.  Hence confusion.

If the Blessed is engaged and low on health the Nurse could heal it to full, give it hallucinogens, and then chain activate it. Ml7 with a 4/5/7 damage track doesn't suck.

11 minutes ago, Clement said:

but then why MLH?

Both MLH and the Nurse both work well with the Blessed but I don't think there's any direct interaction between the two. MLH gets the Blessed into your opponent's face quickly, the Nurse patches it up and makes it scary once it's in the mix.

meows0r may have had something in mind though.

• 2 months later...

I've been having a bit of fun with Beastmaster McMourning recently (well, 2 games anyway!) and it's been true shower of poison goodness!  Both games have used this crew:

Declared Faction: Resurrectionists 

Crew Name: Douggie! 50ss 

Leader: McMourning - Cache:(4)

Moonlighting 1ss 

Plastic Surgery 1ss 

Test Subjects 1ss 

Zombie Chihuahua 2ss 

Sebastian 7ss 

Carrion Emissary 10ss 

Conflux of Forbidden Knowledge 0ss 

Shikome 7ss 

The Scorpius 6ss 

Grootslang 6ss 

Grootslang 6ss 

Malifaux Raptor 3ss 

Everything dishes out Poison in one way or another, but are decent models on their own and don't necessarily need the extra synergy. 

Turn 1 the Raptor goes first and gives at least McMourning the Beast Characteristic (hopefully Sebastian too) for heals. Both Grootslang Lick McMourning once to give him Poison 4, then move to get into contact with a Lair Marker.  Grootslang are swiftly becoming some of my favourite models as well, they are super flexible being able to teleport around the board... I just wish they had a little range on their Create Lair action as I pretty much always have to walk to get the Corpse marker in base contact... :( The Scorpius has been decent as well if he activates near the Emissary, he can move 15".

Probably going to swab out the second Grootslang for a Nurse as I'm not a fan of duplicate models... She can also give McMourning Poison 4 of 1AP without damaging him as well as just being awesome.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi guys!
Gremlin player here.
Haven't played anything but gremlins and dont have any McMourning players around.
I always liked his style so after few years of wish-listing i've bought him.
Can you advice some basic lists to start with?

I got his box (but 1 nurse and 2 flesh constructs), Rafkin, 3 canine remains, effigy, emissary+1 zombie, 2 autopsy, centauroi and whole gremlin fraction (like 3x warpigs, Burt, etc).
And what are the most usable upgrades are for him and crew?

@green-n-dumb McMourning really wants moonlighting, I'm also a fan of plastic surgery. For his third upgrade you have a lot of options.

You can go crazy with pigs and test subjects (I'd avice you to merc in a hog whisperer) while m2e lasts. In m3e you will be a lot more restricted.

Don't hire canines or flesh constructs, summon them instead. I always bring Sebastian, usually with transfusion or his own upgrade and my little helper. Emissary is also a great pick with either the free upgrade or MLH. After that I would bring a gasser, nurse and a couple of autopsies, should bring you to about 50ss.

• Like 1

• mattc unpinned this topic