Jump to content
Kriltic

McMourning and Co. Tactica

Recommended Posts

So I am currently building  up Marcus,  and I do have a Dr. Dufresne laying about,  So what might I be looking to pick up that will bolster both crews, and what other McMourning specific add ons might I be wanting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

So I am currently building  up Marcus,  and I do have a Dr. Dufresne laying about,  So what might I be looking to pick up that will bolster both crews, and what other McMourning specific add ons might I be wanting?

Rogue Necromancy! I've never regretted taking one with either of them. Canine remains are fairly ok scheme runners for both and McMourning will want them for summons. McMourning will need flesh constructs since he summons several if things are going as they should. Assuming resser McMourning since nothing was specified.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ludvig said:

Rogue Necromancy! I've never regretted taking one with either of them. Canine remains are fairly ok scheme runners for both and McMourning will want them for summons. McMourning will need flesh constructs since he summons several if things are going as they should. Assuming resser McMourning since nothing was specified.

Shikome is also a good option for someone building up a collection of non-Arcanist beasts for Marcus's hiring pool that also works well with McMourning. They are mobile, hit decently hard, apply the Poison Condition, and can charge targets with the Poison Condition as a 1AP action. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amina Naidu.

Strictly speaking, not a Beast, but playable with both.

Malifaux Raptor has his little tricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, meows0r said:

Nurse + Blessed of December with MLH

What is the nurse bringing to that combo exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meows0r said:

Nurse + Blessed of December with MLH

 

53 minutes ago, Clement said:

What is the nurse bringing to that combo exactly?

Healing the Blessed of December to full with no downside would be my guess.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

 

Healing the Blessed of December to full with no downside would be my guess.  

Oh hey, good point.  I was thinking it was something involving hallucinogens and double leaping, which doesn't work.  Hence confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Clement said:

Oh hey, good point.  I was thinking it was something involving hallucinogens and double leaping, which doesn't work.  Hence confusion.

If the Blessed is engaged and low on health the Nurse could heal it to full, give it hallucinogens, and then chain activate it. Ml7 with a 4/5/7 damage track doesn't suck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

If the Blessed is engaged and low on health the Nurse could heal it to full, give it hallucinogens, and then chain activate it. Ml7 with a 4/5/7 damage track doesn't suck.

but then why MLH?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Clement said:

but then why MLH?

 Both MLH and the Nurse both work well with the Blessed but I don't think there's any direct interaction between the two. MLH gets the Blessed into your opponent's face quickly, the Nurse patches it up and makes it scary once it's in the mix.

meows0r may have had something in mind though.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Clement said:

but then why MLH?

To jump in and hit something early game without the opponent getting to counter attack that turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been having a bit of fun with Beastmaster McMourning recently (well, 2 games anyway!) and it's been true shower of poison goodness!  Both games have used this crew:

Declared Faction: Resurrectionists 

Crew Name: Douggie! 50ss 

Leader: McMourning - Cache:(4)

   Moonlighting 1ss 

   Plastic Surgery 1ss 

   Test Subjects 1ss 

Zombie Chihuahua 2ss 

Sebastian 7ss 

Carrion Emissary 10ss 

   Conflux of Forbidden Knowledge 0ss 

Shikome 7ss 

The Scorpius 6ss 

Grootslang 6ss 

Grootslang 6ss 

Malifaux Raptor 3ss 

Everything dishes out Poison in one way or another, but are decent models on their own and don't necessarily need the extra synergy. 

Turn 1 the Raptor goes first and gives at least McMourning the Beast Characteristic (hopefully Sebastian too) for heals. Both Grootslang Lick McMourning once to give him Poison 4, then move to get into contact with a Lair Marker.  Grootslang are swiftly becoming some of my favourite models as well, they are super flexible being able to teleport around the board... I just wish they had a little range on their Create Lair action as I pretty much always have to walk to get the Corpse marker in base contact... :( The Scorpius has been decent as well if he activates near the Emissary, he can move 15".

Probably going to swab out the second Grootslang for a Nurse as I'm not a fan of duplicate models... She can also give McMourning Poison 4 of 1AP without damaging him as well as just being awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×