McMourning and Co. Tactica

Kriltic

5 hours ago, Obeisance said:

Flesh Construct, Nurse, Rotten Belle

3 Canine Remains

You might consider swapping one of the canine remains for an additional nurse.  3 canine remains is kind of a lot.   You *can* summon more over the game if things are dying of poison around you, but admittedly that's a rare occurrence for me.

Those Are Not Ours is fantastic. Being able to get a card and a SS for a nearly dead model can be awesome and it can also be used tactically to deny enemy models certain strats and schemes. I like using the Emissary with McMourning so I can turn a shitty Mindless Zombie into a card and SS every turn (after the first)!

That sounds pretty solid.

McMourning, Plastic Surgery, Moonlighting.

Rafkin, Transfusion

Sebastian, Transfusion, Those Are Not Ours!

Carrion Emissary, McMourning's Conflux

2 Canine Remains

Nurse

Flesh Construct

4 cache. Going into it with the idea that I'm going to eat a zombie for a stone any turn Sebastian isn't transfusing. 4 seems pretty low for a frontline/mid master though.

8 hours ago, Obeisance said:

4 cache. Going into it with the idea that I'm going to eat a zombie for a stone any turn Sebastian isn't transfusing. 4 seems pretty low for a frontline/mid master though.

McMorning has one o the best healing mechanisms in the game, meaning that he needs to prevent much less damage than you might otherwise expect, (He might not have the best defences, but its fairly easy for him to heal 5 damage each turn if he is in peoples face)

He also isn't very reliant on suits, so doesn't need to spend stones on those very often. And for m he is relatively card requirements light, so can still do plenty on a bad hand, so is less likely to need to stone for cards to make him work each turn. 

Your play style may vary (as might your opponents styles), and your crew might also have ss wants, but if I were to play your crew listed I would expect most of my stones to be spent on Sebastian and keeping him alive, with McMorning needing almost none. 

As Adran says, McMourning is resource use light. As a player, and opponents, of McMourning crews, be careful of over extending too early, and be careful with Sebastian. Honestly, when I'm facing McMourning, Sebastian is priority #1, and McMourning is #2. ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How do people feel about McM's totems?

The schemes and stones podcast seemed pretty sold on the chihuahua, for positioning to pulse Poison and threaten a second expunge. 

The grave spirit would seem very useful for protecting Sebastian, or the ubiquitous Rotten belle duo. Less versatile but less skill to use effectively vs chihuahua? 

Or are the stones generally better spent on decaying aura and upgrading to higher quality minions?

What is in vogue?

To be honest I have had success more then failure with the little doggy.  Yes it is generally just having him run in and pulse some poison and a few times threatening with Expunge but that pulse with no resist.  It can really get the ball rolling and force your opponent to spend AP killing a totem when larger threats are likely lurking in wait for their turns.  I like using it as an late step possible in turn 1 and an early step in turn 2 to try and get the most out of it before it dies.  Setting up 1 AP charges for some of my models or having McMourning nearby to double the rate of poison damage means even if I don't plan to expunge all the models I caught in the pulse it still gives me a pretty good benefit.  If you can get 3 models with Poison 2 you have done basically 6wds across them at the very least.

• 3 weeks later...

Poison +2 on a grp of enemy models, opens up 1AP charges for dogs and Rafkin, even if the model doesn't to withstands a lot it's an activation you have, it's cheap, you can bind models (mine tends for whatever reasons to flip high cards if models like the peacekeeper attack or wanna leave combat ;)). What sometimes also causes for some nice surprise is activating him late in the turn, having put Sebastian in a good spot before and let the Chihuahua run into a grp of models :P

• 1 month later...

Do people tend to have success with the Guild Lawyer with McMourning? At first glance long range Poison +2 seems great but it is reliant on Crows which always feel like a limited resource in a Resser crew. But I figured he and Rafkin would be best buds as the guild lawyer can toss the poison onto the target much like a Guild Autopsy would - before sending the mad alchemist in for the kill. 

I have also been looking at the Carrion Effigy more and more ... I know he can be a little underwhelming but he is tough to kill (for 4 points anyways) The extra heal option for McMourning (who needs the corpse markers less than many other Resser Leaders) is a nice way to keep the good doctor slashing away. Also with Movement 5 I figure that McMourning can always toss "injection" on him late game to push him and drop a scheme marker. All this plus the ability to really annoy a Shelong player who relies on ignoring all our poison goodness... situational i know but it warms the heart at the thought of it. 

Ressers have a lot of native models with automatic poison on their attacks and most of their models are already hard to wound so I don't see where the lawyer would fit in or what model it would replace.

If I brought a lawyer I would probably have a plan for fees, I wouldn't do it for a trigger that might not come up all game and that a 4ss autopsy has built in.

One of our players likes taking a laywer with McMourning, though as Ludwig said he brings it primarily for fees or if he think he can pull it off slow/paralyze off its normal attack.  In one of our games about a month ago he managed to get Fee early onto the Nothing Beast which really hampered it for the rest of the game as it likes to launch 2-3 attacks a turn and because of a lucky shot by an Autopsy, Johan was on the other half of the table when my desperate merc died.  He also likes that for 1-2 low cards he can keep it pretty safe and absorb AP if it is attacked.

I have heard of people having success with Performers with McMourning for the whole Sip of Poison trigger.  I have never actually gotten it off as generally I just Expunge so I can get a Flesh Construct but I have used them for Don't Mind Me and the crow trigger that paralyzes if they end in base to base.  Then again my McMourning is more of fun alternate as I don't have as much of my ressers based and painted yet so I generally use them for a change of pace.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I like the lawyer as an "all purpose" model. It can support with its anti-horror aura and hard to wound, give out fees at a long distance or slow/paralyze at short and its a decent scheme runner that is hard to remove with highest authority+finish the job. Heck with highest authority and the base six on its attack it can engage enemies rather decently as well, especially since its one of the only models that can safely take disengaging strikes against terrifying models.

I tend to take Performers over Belles. It's a shorter lure (12") and is a push instead of a walk, so you have to watch out for blocking/impassible terrain/other models stopping movement if you're intending to actually move said mode. The reason I prefer them though is a few things: Manipulative 13, Don't Mind Me (interact even when engaged), Their Lure and at least two of it's triggers (built in expunge though not limited to 9 damage like expunge, and on a :crow if the target ends in base contact with said Performer it gains paralyze), their melee attack can poison, if they die then a friendly showgirl or minion within 2" gains reactivate (not always a thing, but a nice bonus to have), and lastly they can blow up scheme markers (friend or enemy) and cause a WP test to people nearby that, if failed, puts them on :-fate:-fate to WP & DF duals for the rest of the turn.

Honestly, I find them more than worth their points in a lot of crews for the versatility. For McMourning it's a very nice package for 6SS (same price a Dead Doxy).

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, guys. I'm new with Mc morning and resurrectionists. I have played several games with mcm and find him great. But I find some puzzle . For what is need chihuahua's action smell weakness?

i'm playing with this:

50 SS Resurrectionists Crew
McMourning + 4 Pool
 - Moonlighting (1)
 - Plastic Surgery (1)
Zombie Chihuahua (2)
Sebastian (7)
 - Transfusion (1)
Izamu The Armor (10)
 - Transfusion (1)
Chiaki The Niece (6)
Dead Doxy (6)
Nurse (5)
Rotten Belle (5)
Nurse (5)

May be 2nd nurse isn't necessary and could it better to get cenine remains and necrotic preparation on mcm? 
Can u give me some advices,pls?

1 hour ago, f1amius said:

For what is need chihuahua's action smell weakness?

Some models are immune to poison condition. You can use smell weakness to remove that immunity. This helps McMourning & friends to do their poison tricks more freely. I'm guessing it's not something you'll use often since most models aren't poison immune.

3 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

Some models are immune to poison condition. You can use smell weakness to remove that immunity. This helps McMourning & friends to do their poison tricks more freely. I'm guessing it's not something you'll use often since most models aren't poison immune.

Does condition immune counts also as poison immune, and I can remove immune only for poison with chihuahua/effigy? Or it can remove only "poison immune" but I haven't found such models:( 

8 minutes ago, f1amius said:

Does condition immune counts also as poison immune, and I can remove immune only for poison with chihuahua/effigy? Or it can remove only "poison immune" but I haven't found such models:( 

Smell Weakness doesn't work on models that are immune to all conditions. This is because Smell Weakness gives a condition that removes poison condition immunity.

Condition immunities are fairly rare. I wouldn't focus on 'smell weakness' too much, Chihuahua's a solid totem even if it wouldn't have that particular action. Lots of models have very situational abilities and actions on them.

16 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

Smell Weakness doesn't work on models that are immune to all conditions. This is because Smell Weakness gives a condition that removes poison condition immunity.

Condition immunities are fairly rare. I wouldn't focus on 'smell weakness' too much, Chihuahua's a solid totem even if it wouldn't have that particular action. Lots of models have very situational abilities and actions on them.

Thanks for answer. Can u also answer on question, pls

Does effigy aura remove immune to poison, horror, paralyze, slow from models with all condiotion immune?

Short answer: I'm not sure.

My group recently had a chat about whether removing specific immunities (ie. Poison) work on general condition immunity. Few of us felt you can remove specific immunity from an all immune model while a few others felt you can't since they're technically not poison (or whatever else) immune. We couldn't agree to a single ruling at the time.

I think rules clearly read that the effigy can remove immunities from condition immune models, but as per above example not everyone agrees. I couldn't find anything in the rules forum either. That's generally the best place to be asking questions like this. You're more likely to get good answers there and others have an easier time searching for them in the future.

1 hour ago, Nikodemus said:

Short answer: I'm not sure.

My group recently had a chat about whether removing specific immunities (ie. Poison) work on general condition immunity. Few of us felt you can remove specific immunity from an all immune model while a few others felt you can't since they're technically not poison (or whatever else) immune. We couldn't agree to a single ruling at the time.

I think rules clearly read that the effigy can remove immunities from condition immune models, but as per above example not everyone agrees. I couldn't find anything in the rules forum either. That's generally the best place to be asking questions like this. You're more likely to get good answers there and others have an easier time searching for them in the future.

Thanks for answer. The same problem also in our community. 

Hope to find answer on this question in a future FAQ.