Guild Ball

Csonti

A friend and I have tried the game twice with the free downloadable rules and standees. We really liked the dynamic and the second time we played was a lot faster. They have the 2.0 beta rules up and are better edited and organized than the earlier 1.0 they had up. We've both gone in for this kickstarter.

Only 4 more days left and they have six teams to choose from. A six team deal works out to 25 British pounds each or about $10 US/CND a fig, which includes pdf rules. The rules don't have to be long if they are well written. I also got the print option for the game. They have lots of add ons but which kickstarter doesn't.

I've posted the first and second game comments and pics on my blog. The kickstarter is here to get the latest rules, standees and character cards.

I think there's a low value pledge that unlocks the add ons, so you could get him individually - one pound for that pledge, 4 for shipping, then any models or add ons you want. 

12 for him in resin (or 9 for metal, the metal casts are good quality), if I remember right.

Or he's out sometime around december.

Because this might be a bit closer to malifaux style, here's the latest team release, the alchemists:

ee06b81d377a55b5046b0a7b2970b234_zpsbbe0

I'm seeing a Strongarm proxy, a Firestarter proxy, a Cassandra proxy...

Just so people know, I think the total pledge amount is about £2k more than it's showing as some of the higher backers were saying they've transferred their funds already and reduced their pledge so they could start on the character building. That would mean it's currently only £472 of unlocking the Union captain and mascot

That's a good point Malal, in fact the guy on the left of that picture is a character builder. Midas the captain, holding the philosophers stone with his hand being transmuted to gold, from what was said in the comments.

Zfiend: Didn't realise you'd gone in as part of a group! Add him on, you know you want to... :D

Currently the pledge total is accurate. That means it's over 80k, unlocking the last of the union models (the ones you get one free per other team you pledge for, and can add on the rest). It's also meant a few more stretch goals being revealed:

GBupd54_zps23934154.jpg

72 hours to go.

I blame you, Shine...

Not sure how, but I'll try to anyway!

I'm still grinning that you missed a goal from four inches away with your team captain. I hadn't even beaten that guy up like I had the rest of your team!

Not far until casket now. Less than 1k...

@Hypoking, they released an update tonight that has a rundown of each team and the playstyle:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1248312770/guild-ball-a-tabletop-medieval-football-game/posts/784156

Basically, butchers hack you down in melee and generate momentum well, alchemists do great area denial with AoE effects and such. But all of them are in that update, in case you want to read others.