Tokens

Raziel Pawel

I am about to start Malifaux, but have no idea how to go about tokens, I've bought a box of each translucent bases (3x50mm, 5x40mm, 10x30mm) wyrd have in sale but to my surprise there are no tokens on the website download page. Can somebody advice me how to deal with that?

I will play Guild, and Arcanists but got red bases only, would it be of any use to get other colours? and how many is enough and what sizes?

I've seen a guy online sticked plasticard on top so he can use errasable marker, what do you think about this idea?

So long as you don't try and use the same markers as different things, ie "No, that red base is a scheme marker, that one is a corpse counter." It should be fine, also, what crews are you using? Some dont need any markers other than schemes, Perdita for example only needs scheme markers (30mm bases are fine), while Ramos would need scheme markers and scrap (30mm as well) but Sonnia with CHeroffe's imprint would need two 50mm markers for flame wall.

• Like 1

I made some custom tokens also using a laser cutter service, I'm happy with them, but they were a bit expensive: http://malifauxshadow.blogspot.com/2013/12/fire-lassorrrss.html 
Also, stating the obvious... don't forget simple cut out paper. You can glue them on some cardboard for a more durable piece - this is probably the cheapest.

A bunch of people at our LGS use the colored glass beads (ie: red = on fire, green = distracted, etc...). I use the beads for my soulstones.

But you will def need some markers at legal size (30mm) for Schemes and Strategies. 
Good luck. Always nice to see what other's are using.
Greenstuff_Gav those are nice!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Scheme - Most of the time you will need less than 10 per player. A few crews might go beyond this, but very rarely. 

Aura - There are no aura markers.  Whilst you could make markers for it, they are likely to get in the way. there also isn't a fixed Aura size. 

Blast (50 mm) - I don't think anything creates more than 3 blast markers, and they don't last, but you will want at least 2. (You can get away with 2 as you could places the first one, then place the second one, and then re-use the first one as the third one and so on). 

Corpse - very Crew dependent. Most of the time you won't need any of these. I would say that unless you are planning on playign a game where you try to generate them, 10 will be more than plentiful. 

Scrap - even more crew dependent that corpse. If you are playing Ramos, you'll need about 10. If you're playing Hoffman, Collodi, Leveticus or Mei feng you might need 5, and if you're using Toshiro, widow weaver or Sparks, you might need 5. Otherwise probaly none.  

Other Markers - 

Strats -30 mm 5 squat markers, some claim markers (Typically 5 should be enough) 1 Turf war, if you're playing gaining ground 2015 or 2016 you'll want head markers and an extraction marker. You will also want 2 guard the stash 50mm Markers. But you'll only need to use 1 set of markers per game, so 5 30mm Strat Markers ans 2 50mm Markers would be enough most of the time. 

I think anything else is based on the models you have.