Why no strum?! I can't imagine a scenario where I wouldn't want fast on most of my crew.

Secondly I don't really see the need for a terror tot. Your marionettes can scheme very well and are far more survivable. 

Your crew is gonna be very vulnerable to models that ignore reductions and blasts, but that is often the case with colloddi. 

Personally I don't like coryphee unless I'm also using mannequins and maybe a performer and at that point I might as well play Colette. A lot of other people are quite fond of them though, two might be a bit much as they can be very fragile and can't make a duet anyways.

Agree with Angelshard-

Always put strum on, might as well be stapled to Collodi's card.

Terror Tot- 0 synergy with collodis crew, and some anti synergy with black blood. He does almost nothing another effigy cant do better. "sprint" is the only ability even close to useful vs ann armour 1 HTK effigy with a buff. 

Im iffy on Corphyee as well. Especially 2. A stiched/thorn/trapper/iggy all feel the slot better (at least one of them).

Other wise it is a good base, and one i use when i start constructing a list for a game and then change things as needed.

strum is def a must for collodi. would consider dropping the tot for another effigy and also drop a marionette. use the points for the marionette for strum and 2 ss. i like the 2 coryphee for times you need to get in the opponents face fairly quickly, having just one coryphee just doesnt cut it as your really only using half of your atk/tact actions which can change if you add in a mannequin. 

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

Correct, one possible order of operations is:

• Envy activates Envy tells Collodi to Focus, handing out Focus to (almost everyone), and does whatever else he needs/wants

Just one clarification (for me :P), Collodi can share Focus condition when him take it from Envy??! How?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I played against leveticus for the first time this weekend and i was totally destroyed. I had some hard/closes games with collodi before but here i felt completely powerless.

I had : strum+fated+doll collection, 4 marionettes , brutal and arcane effigies, stitched, hinamatsu and widow weaver both with 10k faces (into fgf and handbag usually)

My opponents had : levi with the hiring construct upgrade and the one to invoc abominations, ashes and dust , desolation engine(scout the field), vanessa(oath keeper), 2 hollow, mobile toolkit and terracotta warrior.

The strat was supply wagon in normal deployment and the schemes : take prisoner, recover evidence, hold their forces and inescapable trap.

I had to put my wagon first so my opponent put his one in front and i had to move mine slightly on the side since he pushed way faster then me.

At first i felt pretty ok because early turn 2 i managed to charge the desolation engine with a boosted hinamatsu (brutal+fast) and finish it of with collodi before he could do anything even with the terracotta buff on him. My stitched also manage to kill vanessa with 2 gamble while she only did 1 damage on an effigie.

But then things started to go very bad. He managed to kill hinamatsu (which is pretty normal i think) with ashes, abo and so on he had behind. He had to use levi to finish her also if i remenber well.

But my main problem is that levi started to kill all my marionettes and effigies with his shooting attack. Ignoring armor hard to kill. Turning them into abominations which swarmed collodi denying me my (0) push and my pull the strings' triggers.

Levi killed liked 2 effigies, stitched and 3 marionettes himself in turns 1-3 while collodi was blocked by abo. He denied me scraps with ashes and the abo invocations so my widow was not able to summon a teddy. Then turn 4 when all my marionnettes were dead he easily killed my already slightly damaged collodi with one levi severe melee attack.

I play my list often with some variations with vasillisa, dopple but almost always my 3-4 marionnettes and 2 effigies and this is the only time i was so hardly defeated. I felt so countered by levi sh attack with abo trigger. All my little puppets died in 1 sh attack and summoning a model more expensive than them.

So i wonder how you deal against levi?

The only things i though of was to take more middle range model like stitched bunraku or go traperlodi to shoot levi from afar. But anyway my little puppets (effigie, marionettes) felt like a big weakness in this matchup and i hope there is some way to deal with levi with them an pupets in general. I'm pretty sure a collodi with nekima dopple and some 'nb all stars' can do well but it wouldn't feel like collodi to me.

First off I would throw away widow weaver. Except for colloddi she doesn't support anything and she's quite fragile. With handbag that's 10 stones to give a -1 or- 2 wp is very pricey. Also her summoning isn't that impressive and even with doll collection you use a marionette, a ton of ap and a lot of cards, plus probably a stone (or two counting faces) to get a teddy.

Then I'd put in emissary instead. His attack kills an abomination on moderate and his terrain can really mess with the opponent. If you can kill ashes near a terrain marker (usually by obeying obeying it there with colloddi and then killing it) dust storm can be obeyed to move in the hazardous area and will die on a 6+ flip with no modifiers when summoned.

Secondly cover! Cover! Cover! Levi has a :ranged so cover really helps, also he needs to either stone or have a :crowto get the trigger, so he shouldn't get too many abominations.

Also you can throw marionettes in his face to tie him up for a turn. 

Kill the waifs if you have the chance. It will force him to play a lot more defensively.

Levis best targets are cheap models that rely on things like hard to kill and hard to wound as their defence. 

The fact that these are a large amount of the models you have hired makes him a tough game. You need to try and control the Levi threat either by spreading out (so playing the crew in a very different way to normal), or by making sure you are able to remove waifs or anchors near to you. 

He will probably still be removing at least one of your models a turn, but most masters ought to remove your cheap minions very fast. 

• 2 weeks later...

Weaver is great if you want to buff your dolls wk, throw webs around and resummon loses.

Against Levi you might even get to deny some summoning but this can swing both ways.

The issue is she is fragile and likes a swarm of underlings to buff and resummon - you're facing a hyper aggressive Levi list.

So if you can't rush everything around behind blocking terrain to scheme a swarm is unlikely to help.

With shadow effigies condition, cover and defensive stance you might weather the storm.

Mimics blessing is one upgrade I would commonly consider on Weaver to make her more of a nuisance to target.

If running this kind of swamp them list I would have gone with inescapable trap and recover evidence.

Other than that I'd say other posts have covered anything else worthwhile I might say.

• 3 weeks later...

So what are your thoughts on Bunraku now they are 5SS?

They look quite nice, I think. Good stats (Wk 6 is nice), Armor and a baked-in Trigger for Df that isn't bad, a useful (0)Action and a nice Push to pop Pounce and such (I find that I often have few things that can activate the Changeling Surprise when Emissary Summons them). And naturally all the Puppet synergy. It looks like a nice package.

How many should be used? Just one for spice? Or would it be overkill to take three?

I already liked them at 6.

They're great personal puppet models. Snatching whatever is hurting colloddi is great fun.

They're good at chasing down enemy scheme runners and fine schemers themselves.

If you hit something and make it attack a bunraku, then fail, you can pretty much tank any Ml model that turn.

I could easily see myself running two of these guys now.

• Like 2

Declared Faction: Neverborn 
Crew Name: Neverborn # 1 50ss 
Leader: Collodi - Cache:(3)4
   Strum the Threads 1ss 
   Fated 1ss 
   Threads of Fate 1ss 
Marionette 3ss 
Marionette 3ss 
Marionette 3ss 
Marionette 3ss 
Brutal Effigy 4ss 
Hodgepodge Effigy 4ss 
Stitched Together 6ss 
The Illuminated 7ss 
The Illuminated 7ss 
Beckoner 6ss 

11 activations. That's a lot. Should he drop one Marionette to add 3 to the cache?

It depends a lot on the strategy and schemes.

Personally I don't really see the use for 4 marionettes unless I'm playing interference, squatters rights or something like that.

I prefer bringing the emissary and summon three changelings.

I'd also recommend either dropping the stitched or adding one more,  a lone stitched goes down too fast in my experience.

Personally I never leave home without arcane effigy, but that is a matter of taste.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think the next colldi list I want to test is:

collodi (fated, strum, wings)

hinamatsu (thousand faces)

4 marionettes

brutual and arcane effigies

2 coryphee

I see a strike team of hinamatu and 2 coryphee turing one side of the board into a blender while collodi pins down the other and the rest spread as needed and get schemes done.

The coryphee can switch out for 2 stitched an upgrade on hinamatsu (fears given form works well) and a soulstone into the pool if I'm up against arcanist (magnetism hates them).

or they simply become my lovely ronin - providing me with more soulstones :)

Having run hinamatsu with dreamer for a few games now and seen how she shreds things, I think she may be a staple with effigy conditions and fast being added to her,

• Like 2

I've played one game with Hinamatsu so far.... she got stuck fighting Ashes and Dust so that immunity to conditions didn't work too well for her :(.  I can definitely see the potential and really want to get some more table time with her.

I have never really gotten Coryphee to do anything much for me in Arcanists, does the passing out of effigy buffs make that much of a difference with them in Collodi?

3 hours ago, Euclid said:

I've played one game with Hinamatsu so far.... she got stuck fighting Ashes and Dust so that immunity to conditions didn't work too well for her :(.  I can definitely see the potential and really want to get some more table time with her.

I have never really gotten Coryphee to do anything much for me in Arcanists, does the passing out of effigy buffs make that much of a difference with them in Collodi?

I only take coryphee with vasilisa+ a friend to talk to for some schemes (deliver a message back in the days for example). Buff them is not so usefull but negative flip on ennemy model can be very powerfull for your other beaters.

Hinamatsu with arcane effigy buff to deal lot of damages or brutal buff to heal can be very strong when you can attack 5 times in one turn. If you add coryphee you now have + flip against a - flip ennemy model so almost guaranted hits.

Tried the list above last night, with waldgeist instead of coryphee.  

Symbols of authority (standard)

punish the weak

take one for the team

show of force 

recover evidence

Took punish (got all 3 with collodi) and take one for the team on hinamatsu.  Scored 9 points to 6 for my opponent won had also taken “take one” on Francisco and show of force.  

He had one model left (Sonia on 4wds) at the end.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Strangedane said:

Quick question on doll markers; can I use one marionette doll and 3 doll markers to make 4 scrap? 1st try is 2dmg, 2nd try is htw, 3rd try makes a doll marker and kills the marionette, making a 4th scrap ?

I think the answer is yes, but I am very intrigued to know where you are going with it, trying to wrack my brain why 4 scrap markers would be better value then 1 model and all of Collodi's AP, which of course does not include the AP needed to do 'whatever' it is with said scrap markers.

Bonded Souls: At the end of the Turn

So unless the scrap markers are from something else, Bonded Souls cannot be the mechanic for a turn 2 Teddy summon.

"Price" is the important part here, taking WW + Handbag + all the resources & AP is not value or efficiency.

@Ceodoc

Eh? You put down three doll markers turn one and have the mannequin jump end of turn, that gives you 4 scrap markers that you can turn into a teddy turn 2. 

I'm not sure what you mean in the second part? Do you mean that the price makes it worth it or do you mean that the resource innvestment is too great to justify it?

Personally I don't think of colloddi as a summoning master and I find the setup to get a teddy sub optimal

• Like 1