• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2015 at 2:41 PM, Ceodoc said:

If you're Changeling's are 'focused', let's just say by Envy buff. And they are within 3" of a Trapper would their surprise trigger on the longer range?

On 11/11/2015 at 2:59 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

Yup! Or if you use Collodi to pass out Focus they can also all benefit from the longer range.

Just wanted to revisit this.

I note there was some FAQ to Changeling's engagement range.

So if a enemy model is pushed or moved other than a walk within 24" & LOS of a focused Changeling who is within 3" of a Trapper, he gets a surprise attack?

Sorry if it is clear, I suffer from numptey quite often.

Doc

6 minutes ago, Ceodoc said:

Just wanted to revisit this.

I note there was some FAQ to Changeling's engagement range.

So if a enemy model is pushed or moved other than a walk within 24" & LOS of a focused Changeling who is within 3" of a Trapper, he gets a surprise attack?

Sorry if it is clear, I suffer from numptey quite often.

Doc

No. The Changling has the surprise range of the unfocused action. Since he can't spend the focus until he declares the action he does not have 24" with Surprise. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adran said:

No. The Changling has the surprise range of the unfocused action. Since he can't spend the focus until he declares the action he does not have 24" with Surprise. 

The changeling can take the shot at range 24", because the changeling may take the action by spending the focus and in doing so that means the target ended with in the range.  

He is fantastic. I think he's one of the best models you can include in a collodi crew, doesn't matter if you go fated or props he works with both.

I usually throw down 3-4 scheme markers with marionettes and effigies and then I either summon with cards from my hand if I have them or go fast to focus summon twice with 3 card flips.

If I still haven't managed to get any changelings I sometimes use my will to summon three more times with +flip.

I've not had a game yet where I didn't have three changelings at the end of turn one.

If you're going fated and lucky effigy he will usually be close to full wounds after summoning. 

Also I always deploy him to one side so I can get a hungry land marker down that he can heal from. If you've got one down on turn one you can use the 2" push from marionettes to make sure he heals up.

Hungry land is awesome when combined with collodi's triggers for additional damage and to deny ffm.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Considering they aren't gonna replace a limited or strum I'd say both seems to work best with fated. Four arms is gonna overlap with props where you already have a really good and reliable attack. You could use it if you want to use the second trigger and thus miss out on the plus to total, but I don't think that is wort it.

If four arms increased total wasn't on a trigger it would be awesome with changelings.

Doll collection let's you charge something like hinamatsu or a coryphee out of your bubble after it has received its fated buffs and then teleport back in, so you can do it again next turn.

This could potentially be really strong, as it will greatly increase your bubbles threat area, but the cumulative damage from using both strum and doll marker might break your own crew.

The summoning part I honestly see as secondary as collodi will need to spend two ap and one of your puppets have to take damage, all for a single 3/4 stone model.

Also this might make vasilisa more interresting as she can deliver a model to the opponents deployment zone and then teleport back. But again she only has 6 wd so it leaves her very vulnerable. 

15 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

The summoning part I honestly see as secondary as collodi will need to spend two ap and one of your puppets have to take damage, all for a single 3/4 stone model.

I wonder if Baggy Collodi with the Emissary might find it worthy using it for Summoning Effigies? I mean, yeah, you should still get a useful teleport but in combo it might be fine. Teleporting Stitcheds seems like it could be fun.

Problem is that unless you're bringing Lazarus you can't summon turn one as the stitched has to teleport to turn the marker to scrap,so you can summon turn two and after that you'll probably be too busy stringing your opponent to spend so on markers. So for an upgrade you get a turn with a fast emissary, an additional effigy and a stitched that's further up the board, but damaged. Not bad, but not impressive either.

It might just be because I play my props collodi very aggressive and cackle as I shut down beaters or kill stuff, but I rarely spend a single ap on anything but attacks after turn two.

Also I find changelings helps me more than a non core effigy, so I'd prefer saving my masks for the emissary. But I can see the appeal in being able to bring in an effigy that you really need without having to kill off a marionette.

There is one trick I can see, depending on the wording of doll.

You hire a single marionette. Turn one you put down three doll counters and then have the doll teleport to every one of them, this is dependent on the exact wording, which I don't know. Turn two you then have 4 scrap markers to summon from. Except for the first summon, even if you stone you'll be paying a single stone for a 3 or 4 ss model.

You will however have paid 2 ap per summon and need 4 cards of 9 or higher.

Still not sure it's worth it...

it feels like your focusing on the wrong type of summoning. a turn 2 teddy is very much possible with collodi but doing so turns him into a summon only master. which is fine if your planning on cranking out teddies but expect collodi to only move using pushes and burn through cards like no ones business.

• 1 month later...
On 13-10-2015 at 5:50 PM, PeregrineFalcon said:

I've been running a very fun/successful list of (think I posted in hidden NB forums, but not this open forum so here it is):

• Collodi (Fated, Strum, 5ss)
  • Arcane Effigy
  • Trapper
  • Brutal Effigy
  • 3x Changelings
  • Doppleganger
  • Primordial Magic
  • Envy or Mysterious Emissary (Conflux of Music)

It doesn't do well on things like Headhunter but besides that I've had no issue deleting 1-2 models a turn starting on turn 1. Tonight I'm going to try a new list I'm working on for Collodi (not the one above).

I've had a lot of fun using Coryphee's, and tonight I may try 2 instead of 1. I hate line in the sand and I think Collodi may be the first master I may try it with again.

I'm wondering how well this list works in gg17 and gg18. There's barely any forward scoring potential in this list.

Most of the schemes require you to move forward and several strats are also around the centerline and this list prefers to stay in the back A LOT. Do you just try to kill as many models as possible Turn 1-2 and then try to count on outactivating your opponent and go for marker schemes or something like that?

Which strat and schemes would you actually run this list with in gg17?

A lot of people still seem to swear to the 3xchangelings and trapper list, but honestly I don't find it that impressive. It's deadly the first couple of times and then people learn to cope wit it.

It's also dependant on the board of course, we tend to use lots of cover and los blocking terrain, so that might have something to do with it.

That said collodi doesn't really need to move around that much, even in gg17. And changelings are quite good as scheme runners.

We also use a decent amount of cover and LoS blocking which makes this a lot harder to run. But my guess that this crew is meant to focus on killing Turn 1-2 and then scoring Turn 3-5 (6/7) seems to be correct then.

The only problem I see with forward scoring schemes is that your crew is standing pretty far in the back unless you sacrifice some killing potential. You can ofcourse sacrifice Collodi's entire activation to go for a triple walk on puppet/minion with My Will, so I'm guessing that's how you start going for things like LYM?

• 1 month later...