Rules questions...

pupshaman

Does Powerful stack with ranged attacks? For example, will an Executioner who attaches the Cork Gun gain Powerful +1 on the ranged attack? Will a Hooded Rider with a Cork Gun have Momentum on the ranged attack? Likewise will Lady Justice's Pep Talk.. 

Lucky Gremlin's Foot - Does the Precise +1 only apply to the Puppet that it's attached to? I ask because the wording says "a puppet" instead of "this puppet".

Why is Misaki so cheap, did I miss something?

Effects do interact with abilities and also stack. So it is perfectly possible to have Hooded Rider gain Powerful +4 from momentum and Pep Talk, then attack at Range 2 due to having Pop Gun attached. This may sound super OP, but it isn't really. It requires a fair amount of set up and can be countered in a variety of ways.

I didn't spot that on Gremlin. I think it's supposed to read "this puppet", instead of "a puppet". Remember it's still in playtest so it could just be a typo. Wyrd will need to confirm this though.

Misaki is simply more reliable than some puppets. Having a low AR doesn't necessarily mean the puppet is less powerful, which is clear here ;-)

Hope that's of some help to you :-)

Misaki is simply more reliable than some puppets. Having a low AR doesn't necessarily mean the puppet is less powerful, which is clear here ;-)

I have to agree on this one with the OP. I also see the AR value as some sort of price tag on the model. And since Misaki has a so low, naked AR value AND has a lot of good stats and abilities, the question seems valid: why is she so good?

I have to agree on this one with the OP. I also see the AR value as some sort of price tag on the model. And since Misaki has a so low, naked AR value AND has a lot of good stats and abilities, the question seems valid: why is she so good?

AR isn't a price tag, per say. Understandably, people get that impression, because in general the more powerful a model is the higher the AR is to ensure they are less reliable and therefore a riskier option. However, that is a loose rule, and the AR is in reality the same as any other stat. A model with a low AR is simply more reliable, if they are then a powerful puppet, then that is an added plus. If you ignore Misaki's AR, then she isn't really that good compared to other Sidekicks, her reliability is part of her whole worth. And like I said with Hooded Rider, and Misaki elsewhere, there's always a counter to even the most "powerful" puppet.

The problem I see, and what I'm concerned for in the long term, is that people will field certain puppets over others because they perceive them as better, leading to a lack of variety in players' toyboxes. Misaki is probably the worst for this, not because she's powerful, but because she's too balanced, she's a very safe bet.

• 2 weeks later...

AR isn't a price tag, per say. Understandably, people get that impression, because in general the more powerful a model is the higher the AR is to ensure they are less reliable and therefore a riskier option. However, that is a loose rule, and the AR is in reality the same as any other stat. A model with a low AR is simply more reliable, if they are then a powerful puppet, then that is an added plus. If you ignore Misaki's AR, then she isn't really that good compared to other Sidekicks, her reliability is part of her whole worth. And like I said with Hooded Rider, and Misaki elsewhere, there's always a counter to even the most "powerful" puppet.

The problem I see, and what I'm concerned for in the long term, is that people will field certain puppets over others because they perceive them as better, leading to a lack of variety in players' toyboxes. Misaki is probably the worst for this, not because she's powerful, but because she's too balanced, she's a very safe bet.

It's as close to a price tag as there is. As the AR goes up the number of usable cards goes down - that sure sounds like a price to me. In your example, they are more reliable BECAUSE they are 'cheaper' to animate. As Misaki is a sidekick I kind of get it now - she can't one shot a puppet (Alice), or do a powerful ranged attack (Judge), or blip on and off the board (Bete), etc.. My only gripe is Misaki's higher than average defense - it doesn't seem thematically appropriate being that she's all about speed and maneuverability. 

You're right that AR works like a price tag, but a puppet can be powerful and cheap at the same time. It's true you'll find this more with sidekicks than pawns.

Defence in PWU represents dexterity, so it makes sense that faster models are harder to hit (whereas the slow Executioner is easier). If I were to change her at all, I'd either drop her stitches or upgrdae limit by 1, but imo it's not really necessary.