Ironsides' Art

ThePandaDirector

OK she looks good (in fact brilliant) :) and its good to see another female with some clothes on..............but unfortunately to me she's just too modern (80s?) looking. I can't see anything victorian/wildwest about her and thats sort of dissappointing and takes away from how good the art actually is.

I think describing Malifaux has Victorian, Gothic Horror, Steampunk, Wildwest with some Asian influences thrown in somehow works, but I can't see how you can now chuck '80's/90's' into that.

Now if she was a model for a Sci Fi game then I'd be right behind the art and raving on about how awesome she looks.... but for Malifaux??? She doesn't fit the theme imho

I kind of like it, but it isn't anything like I was expecting. I agree with the comment of "kind of looks like female balrog from street fighter(USA)"

However, Given the name "ironsides" and the fact she brings along "The Captain" I was expecting something a bit more military, like a Naval Officer That Ramos uses for smuggling through waterborne breachlets. I hope the Captain is that, at least.

I hope she's big.  Like, a head taller than everyone else.

Ironsides; Avatar of Union Dues.

Edit:  I think her arms are actually metal under the bandages.

Nope. look closely, you can see her hand is flesh. Those are boxing gloves with metal plates.

I could see the argument that this doesn't fit the new aesthetic very well, it being more goth/anime/horror now. It doesn't bother me, but I could see how others might be bothered.

Yep, not only am I in love with her playstyle but her concept art is top notch. Exactly what I was expecting!

Now... lets get her pushed for GenCon this year!

Also... Anyone got any ideas for a Proxy? All I know in miniature games is Malifaux, so my knowledge on possible proxies is limited.

However, Given the name "ironsides" and the fact she brings along "The Captain" I was expecting something a bit more military, like a Naval Officer That Ramos uses for smuggling through waterborne breachlets. I hope the Captain is that, at least.

You can already see The Captain in the last page of the Gaining Grounds file, as I said before ;)

• Like 1

OK she looks good (in fact brilliant)  :) and its good to see another female with some clothes on..............but unfortunately to me she's just too modern (80s?) looking. I can't see anything victorian/wildwest about her and thats sort of dissappointing and takes away from how good the art actually is.

I think describing Malifaux has Victorian, Gothic Horror, Steampunk, Wildwest with some Asian influences thrown in somehow works, but I can't see how you can now chuck '80's/90's' into that.

Now if she was a model for a Sci Fi game then I'd be right behind the art and raving on about how awesome she looks.... but for Malifaux??? She doesn't fit the theme imho

She's pretty steampunk. She's wearing coveralls and work-type clothes, and fits right in with the likes of Kaeris and the rail crew. I don't really understand where you're getting the 80s/90s vibe at all. 

Everyone who was expecting nautical or military was getting that 100% from the name. She's been a puglistic M&SU enforcer/legbreaker from the beginning. 

I guess the piercings are punk but the hair style is more in-line with traditional african braiding and the clothing style fits in with the modernized victorian look Malifaux usually has going for it.

I prefer the subtler boxing pose as opposed to going for like, a GW broodlord crotchrawgh

39-P1050370.JPG

~IM SUCH A FIGHTER

I'd be surprised if they made a new master that had an old minion in their starter box. I see it as much more likely she'll have the mages. But I'm just guessing too, so time will tell...

I like her art, she definitely looks right stylewise to me. Like a boxer turned union enforcer.

As far as the as the 80's band aesthetic, I think it's the cut of the jacket and the kneepad. It matches the Viks somewhat, but I could see them playing the synth or electric guitar while Ironsides fronts their British late 80's/early 90's alt band, as they look the MTV part to me as well. Who know, maybe bands were influenced by Victorian/steampunk/ horror in their dress and I'm experiencing the influences backwards.

I knew Toni was a brawler by her rule set, but sailors are almost stereotypically so anyway, and with her name and the Captain's, I think many were smelling nautical or pirate as to theme.

I wasn't married to it either way, and like the new Seamus, I think il like the model in person more.

Just seen The Captain. I like him, he's something we haven't seen in Malifaux yet. Though I do wonder how him and Ironsides fit together.

The more I look at Ironsides the more I like her. Never played any of these fight games, but she fits perfectly into Malifaux for me.

I expect it will be Colette at Gencon, but I hope I'm wrong. Molly and Ironsides FTW :-D

Oh, and I'll be using Mei Feng as Ironsides and Rail Workers as Miners.

I'm kind of divided on the Ironsides art. Maybe I'd love her if she had different colored clothing or something.

I'm glad she didn't get oversexualized (like giving her a white undershirt with suspenders holding her trousers so you get a shot of her cleavage ) and that she's a badass. I don't know why I expected she would be fatter, but this is a ok.

On the other hand there isn't much contrast to her clothing. Maybe if she had a patch or something on her trousers I would be fine with her, or some gang sign or another token from her past, a sign at the back of her jacket, etc.

She's just a bit drab like this in my opinion (or I'm not seeing something).
I'm not saying she should be kitschy, just that she needs something that gives strength to her character besides "Imma beat yo' ass silly". She's a master after all.

Love the captain.