Welcome to the new site ..

Nathan Caroland

What are your thoughts on the new site?  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That is one disturbing bit of rat art!

However, I dirgess, I like the new site. We humans are like guinea pigs, let us poke around a bit in our "new cage" and we will love it.

I can agree to some of the feedback here but there are so many small thins that are easier to find/see now. An improvement over all.

'its 'eads.

I miss the old puppet smileys.

'eads 'ited

Oh, I think if some of the aesthetic/readability issues are resolved, I'll love the new site. But the big white banners that take up an inch in between each post are seriously distracting and hurt readability, and the white on dark/gray text has it's own readability issues. White text on dark always causes some eyestrain, and I've seen several instances in which the background wasn't dark enough to make the white wholly legible.

The sad thing is that If I was willing to change browsers and pick up certain browser add-ons, I could override the CSS to give me something I would find much more readable; most forums give at least 2-3 template options for this very reason.

I've added two new themes for the site..

Wyrd Simple and Wyrd White... So you have a few options about how you want to view things. They are not major changes.

Cool. How do I get to them? I cant find it in settings.

also, I can't seem to find the last post icon in the recent forum activity box. I see avatar, and text links.

Okay, I see it now. way below where I would have seen it, and not at all where I expected it.  I hate to be a pain, but adding it into the settings page would help.

Still, now I know where it is, it's not a big deal. I still can't find the icon I'm supposed to click to go to last post, though. All I see is poster picture, which takes me to profiles.

I've added two new themes for the site..

Wyrd Simple and Wyrd White... So you have a few options about how you want to view things. They are not major changes.

Hey Ratty,

Just an FYI there appears to be a bug within the two new themes that any "[Forum Name] likes this." message appear to underlay the "Like This" button on posts.

Not major, just though I would let you know.  I'll probably stick to the normal theme anywho.

The Icon to the left should take you to the last unread post, but it only moves down when the whole page is loaded... The text link takes you to the first post. It's the same on all Invision boards.

CmWp4xV.png

Not seeing the icon I should be hitting here? Profile pic/name takes me to the person's profile, everything else takes me to the OP of the topic they are replying to, Im not seeing a direct link to alast post

As much as I would like to, I'm not going to be able to use the site until I find a way to scale it to my window size. The only way I've found currently is by using the mobile version on my PC, and then I loose 3/4 the cool new functions. I'll keep checking back here for a solution, but none of the Themes work for it.

It looks good, but I can't use it.

The big white bar and avatar are a bit obtrusive....but I like to be able to see how many posts people have and how long they've been forum members, so I prefer it to the 'simple' theme. I'm getting used to it..........just takes a little time like everything else.

I like all of the new options....again, taking a while to figure out......but things like the 'viewing new content' stuff...by degrees....is really cool.

I think once the Mali-specific smileys come back (the plus/minus flips and suits and such.......I never cared about the puppets) I'll be quite content.

Not seeing the icon I should be hitting here? Profile pic/name takes me to the person's profile, everything else takes me to the OP of the topic they are replying to, Im not seeing a direct link to alast post

I have the same problem. No icon here that leads me to the most recent post.