Lady Justice List at 50ss

knghtpiper

I am going to get some games in February so I figured I would post an idea for a list that uses some models I have and that I like the look of.

This will be a 50ss list and if I made any math mistakes, please feel free to point them out.

Right now I am limited to what I have which is the Guild's Judgement Box, the Relic hunter's box, and 3 Guild Riflemen. At this time the gaming budget is used up due to traveling in March, so suggestion I buy this model or that model is not going to help as I am not buying anything miniature wise until the end of the school year. With that said here is the list.

Master:

Lady Justice

Thalarian Stone

Henchmen

The Judge

Plant Evidence

Sidir Alchibal

Minions

Death Marshals x3

Guild Riflemen x2

If I did the math right I have 4 soulstones left.

As for a plan of attack, I play two ways depending on how I feel the game is going.

First let Lady Justice go in and wreck face with the Judge and Sidir covering her. The Death Marshals meanwhile try to achieve schemes, avoid getting killed as much as possible and pine box people if the opportunity comes up. The Riflemen try to provide covering fire to Lady justice's group or the Death Marshals and defend my zone as necessary.

Plan two, have everyone advance in loose skirmish line with the Judge and Sidir covering Lady Justice but having her as a counter charge person. Death marshals still act as scheme guys and the Riflemen still provide long range firepower.

Thanks for looking and any advice or criticism is welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
So I got a game in with the list I have posted in the list.  No real battle report I am afraid, but I can go over some of the stuff and give my thoughts.

My schemes:
Make them suffer (Undeclared)
Line in the Sand (Declared)
and we had
Reconnoiter as the strategy

My oppentent's List:

Master:  
Mei Feng 
with Vapormancy and another upgrade I can not remember

Henchman:
Kang

Enforcer:
Rail Golem

2 metal gamins
3 rail workers

Mei Feng's totem

Soulstone total 4

His schemes where 
Make them Suffer and Spring the trap

Report Highlights:

We tied in the end, with me being able to come from behind to get the tie.  Lady Justice did well, killing Kang, a rail worker and bringing the Rail Golem to one wound before getting killed by the rail golem.  I made him burn through a lot of soulstones to keep Kang alive in the early part of the game which was nice.  But due to a bad hand and good drawing by him the golem was able to kill Lady J.
Sidir whiffed on just about everything he did, he could not win any offensive duels save killing the one wound Rail Golem.  The Judge did not do much this game other than killing a Gamin and dropping a marker for Line in the Sand.  But I feel I positioned him badly.  The riflemen did some good shooting and the death marshals dropped their makers which was good.  I only had one death marshal and one rifleman at the end of the game, but I felt okay with the loses other than Lady J.  Mei Feng was out of position for most of the game it seemed and other than killing one rifleman and 2 death marshals she did not do that much I felt.  

At the end of the game he only had Mei Feng and wounded rail worker left and I had Sidir, the Judge, one death marshal, and one rifleman.   

It was nice having 2 henchmen for make them suffer, it forced him to be extra cautious with this minions but next time I think I will have either Sidir or the Judge hang with Lady J and the other to help out with the other flank.  I liked the range of the riflemen, they where able to plink away wounds.  I think I just have to draw better with Sidir next time.  

In unrelated news I got a Santana Ortega model in a trade, so I am going to use her to replace the Judge.  I should have around 6 soulstones to play around with for upgrades or adding another model so I will work on that list this week.

Badge is pretty solid with Lady J and I personally like Vendetta Style as well. I'm not sure the statrock is a complete waste, but the stone you spend for it may be better spent on damage reduction, a + to your Df flip, or if you have a high not mask spending it for a mask to get riposte off. It could be worth putting Vengeance Bullet on Sidir just for a bit more of a threat to their leader, but it's a tad expensive.

I did feel that the Talarian stone did not give me much value.  I will try Badge of Office next time, I am not sure if I will go heavy on upgrades I like having a larger soulstone pool available and Lady J seems to be a good way to force my opponent spend his by getting her into meele with a henchman or master.  

New list idea, school allowing I will be able to test this out at the end of the month (yay masters thesis!)

Lady Justice

Badge of Office

Henchmen

Santana Orgea

Diestro

Sidir

Minions

Death Marshall’s x3

Riflemen x2

I have 5 soulstones for this army.

I might switch out diestro for Scales to give me 9 members for the crew.  But I like the idea of Santana being able to shoot in combat with out randomizing, it might help out Lady J.

Any thoughts are welcome as usual.

First, Santana is not a Henchman. She is an Enforcer, identical to Santiago. Francisco is the Ortega Henchman.

Secondly, Diestro makes it so that no card is flipped for the model with Diestro when randomizing. Since Santana does not particularly like to be in Melee, the upgrade is somewhat wasted for her.

It's great for Francisco, though. I consider Francisco to be a great Henschman for Lady Justice, just because Justice with Df 7 is scary.

I seldom play 3 Marshals, but okay if ith works for you. I would consider the Promises upgrade for Sidir. No Black Sheep, but people with upgrades in your crew.

Although, Santana (being identical to Santiago) does not flip for friendly family models engaged in melee because of her ability, "Covering Fire". But, with that said, that ability won't be of any use in a Lady J crew unless there are other family models around.

As Dirial says, Diestro is great for Francisco - it's actually an almost must have on him. Send him in and have the rest of your crew blast away at whatever is stuck in melee with him.

Any suggestions for Santana?

Okay, Santana (or Santiago) is in herself a very solid model. She is rather survivable, shoots very good and is not expenisve. Also, in your crew she can hog the masks. Which are great with her. It's not a bad decision to run her as is, to keep her comparatively cheap.

However, she has some good upgrade possibilities: Lead Lined Coat makes her very survivable. Tormenta de Plomo gives her a good close range option. For some schemes, Finish the Job may be good. All of these make her eligible for Promises boni, as well.

The one you really should look at is Hair Trigger. It's just great with Santana. I have seen her pummeling Masters into oblivion with Sh 8, +fate on damage and 1-2 masks.

How do you feel Witchling Stalkers work with Justice? And would it be more profitable to replace Executioner with another henchman? I have been wondering why to take Executioner over, say Francicso? Also how do you feel Ryle would fit in on a Justice crew? I really like the model and the stats doesn't seem that bad. I am putting together my Justice crew for next week, hopefully to finally to play with my own painted crew rather than borrowing. 

I have under works atm Justice, The Judge, 3 Death Marshalls, 3 Witchling Stalkers, Executioner, Austringer, Scales and the Guardian. Speed painting through them. 

How do you feel Witchling Stalkers work with Justice? And would it be more profitable to replace Executioner with another henchman? I have been wondering why to take Executioner over, say Francicso? Also how do you feel Ryle would fit in on a Justice crew? I really like the model and the stats doesn't seem that bad. I am putting together my Justice crew for next week, hopefully to finally to play with my own painted crew rather than borrowing.

Theoryfaux: Wichtlings should be good with Justice, because they are just very versatile and don't need much support. On the other hand, the Inspired condition should work wonders on them, and the Judge can make them attack out of activation. Sounds good.

Executioner is agood fit with a typical Justice crew. Marshals get him across the table, and his no trigger-ability is good against models that are hard to get with Justice herself (I'm thinking of Raspy or Misaki for example). On the other hand, and as said before, Francisco is amazing with Justice.

Never seen Ryle on the table. Seems like a good combination of abilities to support her, but somewhat costly. He and Sidir do comparable things, so I would only take one of them.

Yeah I was thinking about that about the Witchlings. Also I really like the models, so a good excuse to field them. But with Witchlings it opens up a question as they are pretty good at handing out burning would Samael be a good choice? 

That's a good point on the Executioner, should make him a bit more durable as well with the trigger denial. But he costs 9ss, which is the cost of the Judge and Francisco. So it's hard to justify all three of them. Francisco is something that I would really like, but he's hard to find separately. As I don't see myself playing Perdita, but would like Santiago and Francisco as a choice to my Justice crew. 

I have neither seen Ryle on the table, but he's stats are pretty good and I like the model a lot. 

Also I am kinda wondering whether to take Scales of Justice or not. He has the card trick and +1 wp. But he costs 3ss and I am struggling on 50ss list whether to take 3 witchlings and the Scales or 2 Witchlings, an Austringer and leave the 2ss for a 6ss pool.

Also I am kinda wondering whether to take Scales of Justice or not.

He is... not as bad as he looks, but he is somewhat situational. Drawing cards is a huge advantage (just ask Lynch). The WP bonus is cool if you get it. But drawing cards means he can't walk, and if he doesn't walk, he gets left behind. On the other hand he is really easy to kill.

If you like cheating offensively, he is a good investment and can stay behind, supporting ranged models against Lure and such. If you want to throw your crew onto the opponent's side, he will not do much.

• Like 1

Okay here is take two:

Lady Justice

Badge of Office

Sidir

By your side

Santana

Hair Trigger

Death Marshals x3

Riflemen x 2

So this gives me 6 soulstones to work with.  I could take away one Death Marshel and add Scales and another Rifleman.  That list would give me 4 soulstones to play with.

I have thought about adding vendetta, but I in the games I have played, the normal greatsword plus critical strike has always done well so I do not think it is that necessary.  I can see adding flames of the pit to her and justice unleashed if I am going against an undead heavy list.  Thanks for the help and comments everyone, feel free to pile more in.

I know, right?

Francisco is so great with a standard Justice crew. He can provide a WP bonus to Marshals, for more effective caskets. He can make the Marshal transport more effective with Hermanos de Armas, as well as slingshot Justice around. And Justice with DF 7 is a pain to remove, even without Riposte. She tarpitted Misaki and Ototo in a game I played. Then got punched to deatch by a Samurai. Strange game.

Seriously, it is as if Francisco was meant to support Justice in all her shortcomings.

And I have the feeling the the coming of Sidir and the Guardian will only broaden the Lady's pool. I can see a ridiculously elite crew of Guardian, Sidir and Francisco with Justice. Perhaps with some Wastrels as a healing following of groupies....

• Like 1

I have to look it up myself from the cards as well, but why Sidir? And would you take Sidir over The Judge?

Sidir can give models with upgrade cards attached positive flips to Ml and Wp duels, which includes himself, Francisco, and Lady J and this instance.

As for Sidir vs Judge, they both have their pluses and there's reasons to take either.  They seem to be at a good, "experiment and see what you prefer" level, IMO.

I have to look it up myself from the cards as well, but why Sidir? And would you take Sidir over The Judge?

Play-style would be the only reason to my mind. I love The Judge......the times I've played Lady J, he has usually done more than she has....he's a real work-horse and Lady J plays more of a support role acting as area denial by setting up for counter-charging.....she always seems a little too squishy to me, so I don't put her out front.

But if you want Lady J to do more, Sidir is a great choice with the protection he brings with his By Your Side Upgrade...which allows him to take an attack for Lady J (kinda a reverse Marcus Defend Me).........he can also bring the very cool Black Sheep only Promises upgrade........which gives friendly models with upgrades a plus flip to Wp duels and MELEE attacks.......Lady J, with plus flips on attack and damage...hell yeah!

And of coarse, it's a defensive bulwark when you have two fairly tough models with Riposte.....makes it pretty scary to charge in there....and lady J can use her Covering Fire ability for some cover as they move.............yeah, I think they'll make a good team.

Oh that is nice. +ml to Justice sounds pretty good. 

The Games I have played though, I have loved the Judge. He is such an amazing piece. That's why I'm asking, as it takes a lot to convince me to take another Henchman over judge, beside him no probs.