New Malifaux Release Preview - When?

Hi to everybody,

I'm going deep on this fantastic game and I'm really happy about that.

At the moment I'm waiting buy some models hoping in a new release of some old pieces that I don't like really much.

My doubt is: why on the Malifaux website Releases page is stopped to january?

I want to know when other models I'm indterested in will be available!!!

There are news about next release that are not on the Malifaux website?

I can imagine that next Resurrectionist master with crew will be Nichodem that was available on Black Friday event.

For Guild Latigo Posse, but for the other factions I'd like to know more ;)

Cheers!!!

Hi to everybody,

I'm going deep on this fantastic game and I'm really happy about that.

At the moment I'm waiting buy some models hoping in a new release of some old pieces that I don't like really much.

My doubt is: why on the Malifaux website Releases page is stopped to january?

I want to know when other models I'm indterested in will be available!!!

There are news about next release that are not on the Malifaux website?

I can imagine that next Resurrectionist master with crew will be Nichodem that was available on Black Friday event.

For Guild Latigo Posse, but for the other factions I'd like to know more ;)

Cheers!!!

Small bump, it would great to have some new info and regular updates. We are starting new Malifaux community in Poland and we have some issues caused by lack of information. It creates insecurity within new players i.e. i still cannot obtain any official information regarding full rulebook. It's really not a problem that it's not available, the problem is i cannot say "guys the eta is this and that etc" I can only say "no info from Wyrd". Same comes for future releases, new players are not sure if they should go for older metal models or wait for new plastics. Some new starters were delayed and again i received this information from the shop without any official announcement.

The problem is, Wyrd may not actually have a solid 'we'll have fixed the problem by X date' from their suppliers - Nathan has mentioned before that the rulebook is all paid for and sorted at their end, it's just somewhere in limbo while the printer, shipper etc muck about with it. (Not that it isn't frustrating, I know, but imagine being part of Wyrd and having people tell you your game is suffering. All the while you know that it's because someone you've paid to do something hasn't done it yet - that's hugely frustrating too I bet!)

Which box sets were delayed? I've seen the release list up to end of this month that wyrd put out, but hadn't seen anything official regarding crews getting bumped down the dates.

Which box sets were delayed? I've seen the release list up to end of this month that wyrd put out, but hadn't seen anything official regarding crews getting bumped down the dates.

Multiple stores seem to have word that McMourning won't be released until February. As for the February releases themselves, I'd expect them to be the remaining stuff from the Black Friday sale. Perdita, Nicodem, and packs of the minions from the sets.

Updated information will be coming here soon - mainly as we get our information or our shipments in. For instance, the books, heh ... lord, but yeah, supposedly that's all sorted. We'll see them when they get here.

Packaging, some stuff we weren't expecting as it was supposed to be sea shipped (cheaper that way), instead someone decided to ignore that and air ship it - so consequently the new packaging for bases will be arriving early, thus we'll be moving them up in the schedule a bit'.

One of the sad things about business is, the larger you get, or the more moving pieces there are, you have to depend on your contractors and vendors to keep up with their part of the service to keep your schedule, which gets jacked all the time - or you have a monkey wrench come out of no where and foul things up with damaged machines, lost shipments, customs, whatever.

Besides, we're also working on a new website/software which we hope to have finished here soon as we move away from this forum software and into something that we hope will make things easier to maintain as well as allow the community a bit more options with your visit to the forums/site - that accounts a bit for us not giving a lot of attention to the site for the moment.

Well, I've just started malifaux mentally speaking thanks to Andy in italy, but I also have issues with Wayland.. all my 150 euro order of starter kit ( 2 crews, more stuff for guild and dark debts+ decks and rulebook) has been paid the 12th, and yet there are no emails about anything from them..

I guess I'll have to pray to have the things in an acceptable time.. super duper wayland heh? :D

first and last time i buy from them anything :)

Well, I've just started malifaux mentally speaking thanks to Andy in italy, but I also have issues with Wayland.. all my 150 euro order of starter kit ( 2 crews, more stuff for guild and dark debts+ decks and rulebook) has been paid the 12th, and yet there are no emails about anything from them..

I guess I'll have to pray to have the things in an acceptable time.. super duper wayland heh? :D

first and last time i buy from them anything :)

I have an order with them as well (Sonnia starter). There was a problem with them not registering that payment had been made so I contacted their Help desk. They got back in decent time, but now they're waiting on their supplier :-\

I have an order with them as well (Sonnia starter). There was a problem with them not registering that payment had been made so I contacted their Help desk. They got back in decent time, but now they're waiting on their supplier :-\

Thats Wayland for you, they are just terrible (3-9 days to despatch? How can a mail order be so slow?) until you call them up. Once you do call them they are absolutely fantastic. I've ordered from them 3 times and every single time I had to call them after a week to give them a kick up the backside.

Now I go to Element Games, same or next day dispatch and only 1 day delivery is how good mail order works :)

it still impresses me that company heads actually talk, and let us know stuff, in these forums.... having only played 40k before getting into malifaux.... it just seems so..dare i say it...Weird(wyrd)...

bad pun sorry

but in seriousness, its nice to know that we arnt all just a bunch of faceless people shoving money at the company blindly.... they actually listen to, and respect us enough, to let us in on how( and what) things are progressing.

as to the shipping delays from wayland, i am sorry to hear that... I live in the states and my LFGS is pretty good about getting stuff in promptly, and I found a good mail order site here that my out of town friends use from time to time that has always been spot on ( everything ordered within a week)

--Woe

The problem is, Wyrd may not actually have a solid 'we'll have fixed the problem by X date' from their suppliers - Nathan has mentioned before that the rulebook is all paid for and sorted at their end, it's just somewhere in limbo while the printer, shipper etc muck about with it. (Not that it isn't frustrating, I know, but imagine being part of Wyrd and having people tell you your game is suffering. All the while you know that it's because someone you've paid to do something hasn't done it yet - that's hugely frustrating too I bet!)

Deadline based contracts with suppliers/shippers/printers etc with penalty clauses. That'll make them get their skates on!

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

I should have read this thread before ordering from Wayland (just two days ago). I hope my order arrives soon...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - you serious? You will be waiting for ages while they get the stuff in, bother to ship it and even then if they don't have one of something they'll just send your order to you anyway minus the missing stuff.

Thats Wayland for you, they are just terrible (3-9 days to despatch? How can a mail order be so slow?) until you call them up. Once you do call them they are absolutely fantastic. I've ordered from them 3 times and every single time I had to call them after a week to give them a kick up the backside.

Now I go to Element Games, same or next day dispatch and only 1 day delivery is how good mail order works :)

Element is great, but no faster than anyone else when it comes to shipping out of stock items.

That said, my last element order was due to ship the day i received it lol, placed it about 30 mins before the last post, they are really good. And they didn't remove their loyalty bonus either, unlike some :D

Wayland is great IF they have the item in stock. Seriously, they have decent shipping rates, large inventory..but if the item is listed as (3-9 days pending) then woe is you, you'll be waiting god knows how long till they get the item from manufacturer. I have no idea about wyrd, but I once waited close to 2 months total for stuff from other company...and no other webstore had such problems so I doubt it was manufacturer-related issue.

To sum up- if they show item as in stock (ie. at least 1 unit remaining) you can order safely. If they show as availible (3-9) or pending or whatever, abort like it was a burning space shuttle.

my experience so far says that even if they have the items, there would be problems.

As i have ordered only things in stock.. and I have not yet receaved anything.

I've contacted them on Friday, they said ( kindly.. well at least they are kind) that the all matter was of a Deckbox ( the guild one) and that if I wanted it, it would take another week to ship everything.

My answer was negative, they refunded me the money of the Guild deckbox immediatly on paypal ( something like 10 minutes after i wrote the email), and with their apologies, said also that they will ship the rest of it tomorrow.

So, if Royal Airmail is as good as always, I'll have my precious order in about 3 days.. 16 days after I made the order.

Next time will be TrollTrader for me, their kindness is ok.. but for a matter of professionality I cannot wait so long for a Uk order, when I get things from China in 4 days. I would have started makingm malifaux demo a week ago, if not for this Wayland problem :(

Curropepe: Try writing to them through the customers service and make a ticket, for me worked ^^ wish you good luck amigo!