Advice on Zoraida/gremlin crew

Ikvar

One tactic I tried and really rather liked was taking Tarot Reading and Hexed Among You so I could forward-deploy some Waldgeists. They are tough little buggers and make excellent targets for McTavish's My Loyal Scouts trigger, making him hyper-accurate and allowing him to shoot at whatever is engaging or engaged by the Waldgeists. They also slow up the opponent so you can use your zippy Gremlin models like Rooster Riders or Merris Lacroix to score VP.

Alternatively you could use Hexed Among You to forward-deploy some Bayou Gators for a similar, but more offensively-oriented, effect. Wild Boars can do the same without Hexed Among You, but are less controllable without nearby Gremlins to curtail them.

In terms of big hitters obviously I think McTavish and Bayou Gators are a pretty good support pick. His Cute Critters can let him psuedo-Obey any Neverborn Swampfiends you bring in the crew via Tarot Reading as well.

I think she could work well with a Whiskey Golem and The Sow comboing together to try to abuse The Sow's "Smell Fear" ability with lots of Wp checks, too.

Another mini-combo is to Enthrall some Nurses and use their buffs on Lenny who is immune to most of their negative condition effects from the various medicines they provide. For instance they can fully heal him without him becoming Paralyzed.

Honestly I think one of the strengths of Zoraida is that she really doesn't support any one type of models particularly better or worse than any other. So really you can craft whatever kind of list you need to fit the Strat/Schemes.

I, personally, really like bringing a mix of her Swampfiend crew to abuse with McTavish and some Gators. Waldgeists and the Spawn Mother being personal favorites. The Silurids are very meh and we have great Gremlin objective runners, so I don't think they're worth it. Also, Bad Juju is rather lackluster without his Eternal Fiend upgrade which is Neverborn-only, so I doubt I'd bring him in a Zoraida Gremlin crew.

I agree with Darguth that Zoraida loves having a few of those Swampfiends even when slumming it. A pair of Waldgiests are a great way to go.

As for the rest she tends to favor the more durable self sufficient gremlins as opposed to the numerous squishy ones. I like having Lenny and his upgrade available for summoning personally, but he can be less than stellar due to his dependency on the :tomes suit in this build.