Oiran "Lure" versus Rotten Belle's "Lure"

Abbazabba1920

Hey, folks! My FLG store just recently got it's first henchman and I've been seduced into the wonders of this game over warhammer 40k. I've played a few games as Yan Lo and am having a really rough time against Seamus and his Rotten Belles pulling key figures out of position and destroying them in short order (namely Yan Lo).

When leafing through the book, I noticed that Oiran have the same Lure at the same ridiculous better-than-a-master cast value of 8, but the catch is, the Oiran doesn't have both the built in suits to make the spell go off, while the Rotten Belles get a virtually guaranteed Lure coupled with a very nice trigger. I know the book has been out for awhile, but does anyone else think that the Rotten Belle's might have gotten something mixed up, or the Oiran accidentally published without the posted suit? I dunno why, of both 5 ss models, one has such a huge leg up on the other. Please note, that I'm aware I could take either. I'm not trying to cry, per se, I'm just looking to make sure that it was intended and has been reflected in the balancing of these two similar functioning models.

Thanks for listening. :)

Abbazabba

It's the smell...

I noticed that after taking Oirian in a game right after I started. However, it was not that big of a deal to me. They are still great at objective grabbing. Do not forget that you can also use them to lure your own models forward to get some extra movement.

If you take into account casting ability, suits and triggers, abilities etc Belles have the best lure out of all the minion level models.

I would argue that beckoners have the second due the movement tricks they give you and the fact they don't require a suit.

Oiran's suit dependance let's them down but with casting 8 if it goes through....

The Showgirls Siren call (lure like ability) is also worth the mention at this stage in the beta as it has some nice triggers and concerns me that they are a mercenary (Sip of wine + McMourning) but that's to be play tested.