WOOOT! New Puppet Wars INFO!!! and VASSAL!

Doctor Lucky

Was there an official announcement associated with the release of the playtest model stats and Vassal module, or was this new content put out surreptitiously?

I would like to hear what the plans for the game are - is this a beta of sorts? Are they gauging opinion before committing to a production run, will the production run size or format depend on the response to the released material?

Was there an official announcement associated with the release of the playtest model stats and Vassal module, or was this new content put out surreptitiously?

I would like to hear what the plans for the game are - is this a beta of sorts? Are they gauging opinion before committing to a production run, will the production run size or format depend on the response to the released material?

Wyrd announced it, yes. No other info has been released at this time from what I have seen. Judging on how Unstitched beta went, they'll ask what people think, and then produce what they've put up. Only a couple new puppets that we haven't seen before, but I'm sure it will be worth it. The unstitched sculpts are great.

Wyrd announced it, yes. No other info has been released at this time from what I have seen. Judging on how Unstitched beta went, they'll ask what people think, and then produce what they've put up. Only a couple new puppets that we haven't seen before, but I'm sure it will be worth it. The unstitched sculpts are great.

It helps if I check the Announcements section of the Forum!

To the latter points - it would be nice if there was a little bit more information about what Wyrd wants us to do with the playtest model stats. If it's just to drum up interest before the next release, then it has definitely worked for me!

However, Puppet Wars Unstitched is aimed more at casual gamers than die-hard miniature gamers (hence the multiple requests for house-ruling the new models to fit the V1.0 rule-set in this thread), so as a marketing exercise the audience saturation of the pre-release model art/ stats will be pretty limited. Perhaps it's just to make sure that there are no broken combo's which the dev's haven't discovered yet?

I just think that it would be great if PW:U could get a little of the geek-media input that the Wyrd team has put into M2E, particularly if they want us to beta pre-release model stats.

SO EXCITED!!! I've been waiting on news for PWU updates for a while now. I'm really hoping we get a full expansion out of this with new plastic sculpts! There's a store where I could get the original metal sculpt expansions but I'd prefer to have everything be the same scale and quality. And especially with Colette and the like which were never released in the first place.

Please Wyrd don't make me wait for GenCon '14 to buy these. Just tell me where to send the money!!!

Nice to see PWU get Vassal, I'm just sad that it won't work on my new Android tablet =[

Been looking forward to wave 2 for awhile, glad to see it's finally on the way.

Initially I was disappointed to see only three new models (Lucius, Colette and Cassandra), but then I realised just how awesome all these models will look in plastic (Ice Golem, Moleman, Mature Nephilim, Guild Hound...), so I'm happy =]

Looking over the rules, I mostly like what I see. The only exception is Marcus.I like the mechanic he's got going, but it feels more suitable on Sonnia/Kaeris. Bring back Roar! I say =] My big criticism of PWU at the moment is all these characteristics that aren't being used - Stuffed Animal, Emo, Sparkly, etc.

I think this wave will be a huge benefit to PWU, supplying the true level of variety that we enjoyed so much in the original. I can't wait to preorder =]

After I got my game, I really wished Puppet Wars could be more in the spotlight. It always seems so much in the far background of wyrd games.

Agree 100%.

I know Wyrd are super busy with M2E and Through the Breach, both of which have larger, demanding fan bases, but we puppets can't be forgotten either. Puppet Wars is not Evil Baby Orphanage, it requires community and support to really succeed.

That said, I am hopeful that wave 2 will bring PWU to a whole new level. With six Masters to choose from, multiplayer battles are going to be even better, plus they'll be 10 Sidekicks and a massive 72 Pawns to mix and match. Puppet Wars really is the Pick'n'Mix of wardgames (that's wargames played on a board... it'll catch on, you'll see).

Beyond planning for the next wave, all Wyrd really need to do is supply the odd non-miniature expansion (new boards, etc) or scenario/optional rules in Chronicles (playing in a room that's on fire, playing in an orphanage with evil babies, Terraclip rules, etc).

Checked out the VASSAL- pretty awesome. I can't wait to play the heck out of it next week. Love me some puppet wars. I can tell there will be a bit of a learning curve, but I'm sure everything will go smooth after a play or two. Now I just need to familiarize my self with the new rules. Or talk someone into playing the old ones :)