wont let me post pics.

so i tried to start a new thread to show off my most recent painting project. when i tried to upload the .jpeg files from my home computer, i got an error saying all 3 were not valid.

I cropped them down to lower the file size, but no luck. is there a file size limit? what offsite photo hosting places do people use if i cant upload the photos directly?

• 2 weeks later...

When I link from photobucket, I click the gear icon and tell it to give me links. Then I just have to click the one that's designed for forums, with IMG tags (if it gives you one with URL and IMG tags, your settings in photobucket are allowing link back - disabling that means all you get is the IMG tags, which is what I do).

So, in summary - check your photobucket settings and uncheck 'allow link back' (or whatever is close to that, I've not got it near me right now). Then when you're looking at an album of photos, click the symbol on the top right of the photo and choose 'get links'. Click the link that says 'IMG tags (for forums)' so it copies it, then paste into the post.

Hopefully some of that makes sense...

When I link from photobucket, I click the gear icon and tell it to give me links. Then I just have to click the one that's designed for forums, with IMG tags (if it gives you one with URL and IMG tags, your settings in photobucket are allowing link back - disabling that means all you get is the IMG tags, which is what I do).

So, in summary - check your photobucket settings and uncheck 'allow link back' (or whatever is close to that, I've not got it near me right now). Then when you're looking at an album of photos, click the symbol on the top right of the photo and choose 'get links'. Click the link that says 'IMG tags (for forums)' so it copies it, then paste into the post.

Hopefully some of that makes sense...

Thanks Mako! Your instructions solved my problems perfectly. If anyone else is having a similar problem to me, you may want to try this solution.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...