M2E Scheme Cards - Print & Play

crikeymiles

And I was hoping for special Asrian art work on the head hunter scheme card...

The artist would have to do copious amounts of LSD and alcohol to tolerate drawing an accurate rendition of my ugly face, and no one would download the document then, as they'd all suffer from nightmares and PTSD. :P

I use these now, thanks heaps!  Too many scheme/strat cards out there just have wrong info on them.

My only problem is that I only have a laser printer, so I had to open the PDF in photoshop to adjust the tones (merged a bit in B&W, hard to read), but all good!

I'd like to get them printed in colour though.

I posted this on AWP as well, just FYI. There was a person who said they couldn't get it to come up (not sure if they had adobe up and running though), so I directed them back to this page in case they had any problems in hope they'd contact you about it. I've had no problems with the link, though, and very much appreciate your efforts.

And Adran, I would of gone for the trigger, but I'd already used my last soul stone to summon him in the first place. :P

Not sure why, but it took several minutes for the file to download to my computer--long enough that I thought it wasn't working the first two times and quit.  Third time I opened the file and did other stuff for a bit.  File opened fine given some time.

I don't have a color printer so I'll be taking the file to a local print shop and have it printed on heavy paper of some sort.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Really nice Scheme and Strategy Cards. Just a suggestion: Could you add Victory Points trackers to the cards (three for the Scheme Cards and four for the Strategy Cards)? Something like the wounds trackers on the stat cards. Sometimes I find it difficult to remember how many times I have scored Victory Points for each scheme and strategy, at least the ones that are scored each turn.

BTW: The Strategy card "Extraction" has wrong text in the Victory Points section. Also, could you split the Victory Points text on "Interference" in two paragraphs? And maybe even emphasize the word "unengaged" in italics to increase readability?

Edited by Docent Turbine
Found an error in one of the Gaining Grounds Strategy Cards.
  • Like 1

I discovered the Layer function in Acrobat, and was able to make a quick(?) fix of the issues I mentioned in the last mail:

• I added Victory Point trackers to the Scheme and Strategy cards
  • I added the correct Victory Points text on the Extraction Strategy card
  • I split the Victory Points text on Interference into two paragraphs, and emphasized the word unengaged in italics

The result is naturally not as polished as crikeymiles original, but good enough for me (until a propper new version is available):

CrikeymilesSchemeCards, with trackers

7 hours ago, crikeymiles said:

Thanks Docent!

Sorry I wasn't able to make the tweaks for you, I've been flat out on my own game, which is going into another big round of playtesting - starting tomorrow!  

If you're at all interested in CARS with GUNS, check out: http://gaslands.com :D

Didn't realize you were the creator of that. I listened to the Malifools podcast and was actually interested in it after hearing about it. Best of luck to you. :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, crikeymiles said:

Thanks Docent!

Sorry I wasn't able to make the tweaks for you, I've been flat out on my own game, which is going into another big round of playtesting - starting tomorrow!  

If you're at all interested in CARS with GUNS, check out: http://gaslands.com :D

No problem! Hope I didn't step on any toes when I modified your excellent cards :-}. It was interesting to try out that functionality in Acrobat.

• 7 months later...

My group and I love your scheme and strategy cards; we've been using them for a long time now, so thank you (o:

There's an error in the Extraction card - it should say 

"Victory Points

At the end of each Turn after the first, a Crew earns 1 VP if it has two or more non-Peon models within 6" of the Informant Marker." 

instead, it has the victory point rules from Squatters Rights .. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/01/2017 at 4:03 PM, crikeymiles said:

Okay! Gaining Grounds 2017 scheme and strat cards now available: 

http://crikeymiles.com/public/malifaux/Malifaux_GG_2017_Cards.pdf

Thanks a lot !

Not to appear ungrateful but do you think you can add the book strategies that GG2017 also uses?

This way we would have everything in one file.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, yool1981 said:

Not to appear ungrateful but do you think you can add the book strategies that GG2017 also uses?

I completely missed the fact that GG17 uses ten schemes!  #reading

I've added them now, please re-download on the same link: http://crikeymiles.com/public/malifaux/Malifaux_GG_2017_Cards.pdf 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...