it finally came...Po Boys Terrain crowdfunding live!

harbinger

@harbinger: For the purpose of promoting this, could you put together a reasonably sized image that shows all you get in the starter set, and another that shows all you get in the town set? Takes a bit of looking to realize how much you get without a simple guide.

Ignore the over the top flashiness and the dragging it out with "but that's not all", but something that just lays everything out clearly like this:

cea21f735f42bf9b9262654ee130b274_large.jpg

@harbinger: For the purpose of promoting this, could you put together a reasonably sized image that shows all you get in the starter set, and another that shows all you get in the town set? Takes a bit of looking to realize how much you get without a simple guide.

Ignore the over the top flashiness and the dragging it out with "but that's not all", but something that just lays everything out clearly like this:

always said Im not a marketer ;) Great idea, enjoy the bonus gallows with your order

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Links posted on Dakkadakka. Trying to generate a little more interest. Hope you don't mind.

by all means!!!! It only helps all you the more this gets around. For any contributors with a facebook page, share that you contributed on it and I am able to track any referral from it that also pledges.There will be a gift at end for person with highest referrals that also contribute.

Hi all, saw this campaign posted on DakkaDakka, backed it, then decided to register on here. I don't play Malifaux (yet - probably will soon), but I've been on the lookout for terrain for Wild West Exodus. I posted a link over on their forums, hopefully will draw some traffic and new backers.

I have a question about the stain used on the balsa wood - is it easy to paint over (I'm thinking of adding some ink washes to give some variation in the wood colors). Also, there is a grey and brown finish shown - is it possible to mix and match the finishes (I backed the town level - could I get half grey and half brown buildings for example or does this create a logistical nightmare for you?)

they grey examples are the "distressed option" i think. that is done by hand and is why it would cost more. as to adding your own paint or ink washes, you could always give it a matt varnish coat and paint/wash over that if the stain doesnt want to take more color.

Hi all, saw this campaign posted on DakkaDakka, backed it, then decided to register on here. I don't play Malifaux (yet - probably will soon), but I've been on the lookout for terrain for Wild West Exodus. I posted a link over on their forums, hopefully will draw some traffic and new backers.

I have a question about the stain used on the balsa wood - is it easy to paint over (I'm thinking of adding some ink washes to give some variation in the wood colors). Also, there is a grey and brown finish shown - is it possible to mix and match the finishes (I backed the town level - could I get half grey and half brown buildings for example or does this create a logistical nightmare for you?)

Thanks for your support and welcome to Wyrd forums!!! if think you can hang out here and not get addicted to malifaux your seriously mistaken :P This game gets under your skin fast.

The the buildings come pre-stained as seen in the video. The colored examples you see are whats possible if the customer paints, and techniques are explained in the ebook guide that comes with your order. To get the exact color you see on the distressed; they would be stained a grey... you do a simple white highlight then wash with a black (I use a home made version of citadel) Thats exact process used in the pic your referring to, finishing the models is pretty easy if dont want the natural stained color.

The actual distressing of the wood to give the ghost town effect is done by hand before staining, and as nagash13 said is time consuming on our end, hence the charge. You dont know how lucky you are to have joined the malifaux community when you did... if would like your set distressed shoot me a PM here on the forum :)

Of note though... while I could do that to just certain buildings (or whole set if you like) it can not be mixed on a single building do to difference in stain colors. I have worked out a paint technique that will appear half way between the normal and the ghost town look; Im pretty sure I know exactly what your aiming for. Let me know and Ill do a more mild distressing and include the painting techniques in the terrain guide. Its tab bit more work painting it because pick out individual planks instead broad dry brushing but gives a nice "weathered" effect to show aged effect.

The stain takes acrylic paint very easy and hardly any effort required to get a look your happy with. Trying to ink over the stain doesnt work.. Ive tried and it repels the color. But painted (and I use sample size house paints.. very cheap.. from Home Depot) take ink/washes with no problem.

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

I just took look at the funding project and we have hit the 1/3 mark in less then 2 days. I credit all of you for this; would never happened without this community :) :) While I might throw out smilies on a forum from time to time; it is not often a actual smile creeps across the face of a old Devil Dog... you all have done it.

Edited by harbinger

Ok, this offer only available to Malifaux customers as a special thanks to you all. Without the community here I would not been pushed into following this dream.

For first 20 people that message me here on the forums, your purchase will be distressed and stained gray instead the normal color.

If choose this option the buildings will be of the frontier style.

12 sets available.

Messaged.

You just popped my crowd funding cherry good sir!

In for the whole town set.

Plus, just made it in time for the free Mat. Yayayayayyaayayayayay!!

Interested to see what the bigger buildings look like distressed...

Messaged.

You just popped my crowd funding cherry good sir!

In for the whole town set.

Plus, just made it in time for the free Mat. Yayayayayyaayayayayay!!

Interested to see what the bigger buildings look like distressed...

welcome aboard!! and yeah you cut it close on the mat ;)

And actually your not only one anticipating the large buildings distressed. The salon is going be especially nice I think.

** 4 free distressed sets remaining

Edited by harbinger