it finally came...Po Boys Terrain crowdfunding live!

harbinger

My words are going to have to do a warm-down stretch after the twisting you just gave them..

Tre is doing a very generous thing.

But if he is going to do it, he needs to keep us up to date.

Or if it's not happening, he needs to tell us.

I'm sorry Damien fell ill. But quite frankly, that is not my problem. My problem is that he first took my money and did not have any contingency plans or "what ifs" built into his "business plan".

Now I and many others are having to decide whether to cut our losses and get terrain from a company that exists and isn't run by a silent volunteer.

It makes it hard to make this decision without ANY information from anyone...

I guess I was a bit crass and came across as overly personal, sorry about that!

My point is that people seem to mistake crowd funders with buying from established companies. There's always a risk, on the flip side you tend to get a product cheaper than the competition that probably wouldn't be made otherwise.

For this one in particular, things went wrong, and the possible death of the manufacturer is certainly on the extreme end of the risks involved. At thid point there's nothing to gain for anyone to get vocal about it. Things are probably not going to get along faster, and in the worst case scenario, Tre might decide he's tired of the heckling and just quit. It don't think we've got any recourse IF he should bail out, especially if the guy who got our money is dead, and I don't see how anything positive could result from name calling...

By all means, the Tre know you're anxious and eager, but I hope folks are polite and respectful!

But again, sorry if you feel I took what you said out of context! :-)

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but i weep for humanity when I read this thread.  No compassion at all for a man that, as far as we know, has just died from a struggle with cancer.  All people seem to care about is getting their stuff.  If this was someone you had to engage with face to face, there's mo way you'd act like this.  But because it's the internet you think it's acceptable.  No you cannot just apologise for your behaviour if it turns out this is true.  It's disgraceful, it makes me feel embarassed to be a part of this forum and community the way some of you act.

And for the record, and it's something i've said before a couple of times on the facebook page.  You did not pay for a product.  You backed a business venture that agreed to give you something by way of a gift if that venture was successful.  That is the nature of crowd sourcing.  If you dont get anything because the business failed, tough.  

Some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves.  If the situation was reversed and you were the person doing their best to fulfill a promise of a dying friend and people acted the way you are, how would you feel?

• Like 6

Look out everyone.

The morals police are here.

Cover your sexy calendars.

I have said, several times. That it is an unfortunate situation for Damien, his friends and family.

A death is always an upsetting thing.

But I did not know or have any contact with this gentleman other than through his mismanaged Indiegogo campaign.

I do not know Tre.

I do know he has taken it upon him self to continually drop breadcrumbs in front of the backers for almost a year.

I don't want my stuff.

I do not want my money back.

I do not want to try and recoup costs from the estate of a dead man.

What I want is to know WHERE the project is at. Whether it is or is not happening. I don't care either way. But I do need to know.

And yes, if I was face to face with a person who took over the reins of a business of the own accord and then did nothing, I would shout for answers from that person.

So get of your high horses about how this thread "makes you weep for humanity". Christ.

We are asking for answers from someone who said he would give them.

Not killing babies.

I'm not now.

No.

Not after a half dozen emails over the last few month asking for clarificationn, status updates and address changes that are ignored.

How do you know how I have asked? You don't. So here's an idea.

Get off the soapbox and stop telling others how they should deal with someone with whom they have a financial investment when you don't have all the information.

• Like 2

If you can't afford to lose $100 you shouldn't have invested in a kickstarter/indigogo campaign

For the umpteenth time.

And I'm going to write it in big letters for your, so you don't miss it.

I DO NOT CAE WHETHER OR NOT I GET MY STUFF. I JUST WANT TO BE INFORMED *IF* IT IS OR IS NOT HAPPENING.

Surely that isn't too much to ask?

I don't give a stuff about the $100.

Reading is a super skill.

• Like 1

So only the affluent and wealthy can back Kickstarter and Indiegogo?  Don't throw around your opinion as the "moral majority" and expect us not to express ours.

I for one don't believe any of it.  I think that Tre is just another incarnation of Damien.  You think he isn't?

Prove it.

Plain and simple, prove to me that any of what has been said about disruptions to this project are true.  Can I prove them untrue?  Nope, but the burden of proof does not rest on my shoulders, it does rest on the person who took my money.

• Like 1