Release Schedule for next few months = REVEALED!

Mike3838

We're all too busy Beta testing to worry about actual models.

Just kidding, thanks for the link!

Also, Pandy!!! Need Pics

Whoa, and Nephilim are $40 for 3? 2 Young and 1 Mature?

Edit: By January 2014, the original(1.5) Book1 Masters still MIA (as far as plastics go) will be:

Zoraida

Somer

Leveticus

Perdita

Nicodem

M2E Book 1 masters still waiting for a plastic box will add:

Ophelia

Brewmaster

Tara (not counting nightmare edition as it's not generally available)

Edit2:

Pure M2E figures (ie: didn't exists in 1.5) to be released first:

Lone Marshall

Fuhatsu

Cojo

all in January

Rasputina is spelled wrong. XD

There's a typo thread for that

Edited by Cats Laughing

I'm a bit surprised at the cost of some of them. Fuhatsu and the Lone Marshal are $40 and $35 each? Ouch. For a plastic mini, that is getting pricey again. Wonder if they are not plastic then?

I can kinda see it for Fuhatsu. He probably has the two guys pushing him up like in the artwork.

Edited by Raven28256

The Warden was $30, right?

Maybe Fuhatsu's barrels spin?

Also keep in mind those models are Rare 1. Unlike other molds, those models are going to have make back their price off single sales here and there.

Warden was $18. Lazarus is basically an action figure he has so much articulation and he's $25. Izamu is merely $16. Both Izamu and Lazarus are also Rare 1. Or Graves, Tannen, Yamaziko, Willie, Rail Golem, Burt, Wong, Gracie, Toshiro, Yin. Or just in general the minion boxes that are Rare 3 and have 3 to the box (which I believe was more when they were 1.5 models than now since I don't know how many are simply Rare 3 now). And in that case, you're still only going to see a person buy a single box, even if it has three minis in it. So drastically higher prices for a box because people are only gonna' buy one for their collection doesn't really do it to justify a higher cost.

That's what gives me pause. Is it really significantly larger and more elaborate than Lazarus? I worry about it becoming pretty damn pricey for these. For $35-40 for a single 50mm model in Malifaux, it had better be pretty damn extravagant if it's plastic. And part of that extravagance for me is lots of alternate pieces so mine can be unique from many others. If it isn't, then I'm disappointed in the plastic. I like metal minis. I recognize the cost benefits and the ease of working with them (I will admit, plastic horse > metal horse any day), but I do appreciate a metal mini. So if I am paying the premium for a mini, it needs to be really complicated to justify the cost or of a material that demands a premium.

• Agree 1

Let me start of by saying to each there own. I think prices are fair as I certainly think you are getting 2 or 3 models in Fuhatsu's box, maybe even something scenic as his handlers are putting their feet into the dirt to keep him upright. That coupled with a big mini, the fact indeed he is Rare 1 make me believe he surely is plastic.

Pricing according to the in game use of a miniature is something that in my opnion goes with the territory.

To quote Tony Stark: Thats how dad did it, that how we do it...and it has worked out pretty well so far".

As to the release shedule, it really shows Wyrd is going to come to its own as I'd almost think the Reboot into plastic for current models might be complete by end of 3014. Way to go guys!

Let me start of by saying to each there own. I think prices are fair as I certainly think you are getting 2 or 3 models in Fuhatsu's box, maybe even something scenic as his handlers are putting their feet into the dirt to keep him upright. That coupled with a big mini, the fact indeed he is Rare 1 make me believe he surely is plastic.

Pricing according to the in game use of a miniature is something that in my opnion goes with the territory.

To quote Tony Stark: Thats how dad did it, that how we do it...and it has worked out pretty well so far".

As to the release shedule, it really shows Wyrd is going to come to its own as I'd almost think the Reboot into plastic for current models might be complete by end of 3014. Way to go guys!

Always preferred PPs method of pricing to GWs. Detail and complexity drives price. More fanciful miniatures in more pieces cost more money. Points value or use in the game has little effect. As their minis have gotten better, their prices have gone up too. And outside of one or two rare times, the old stuff hasn't gone up in price. (And they do try to use plastics to drive down prices. An example would be the Bane Thralls that went up recently. They are plastic versions of the metal resculpts from a few years ago. $85 box became $50 with the change.

Compare to GW who has always priced things based on performance or points cost. I think outside of maybe basic unit boxes and maybe characters, everything tends to be similar priced dollar per point. The idea that the model is worth more points and thus costs more cash is silly and arbitrary. It's a way of saying, "Hey, for an X size army, we are expecting to get this much out of you". Malifaux has never needed to work like that (nor Warmachine) because they are games that encourage owning a collection rather than an army. They don't need to count on getting a 2000 pt army out of you and then you stop buying for that army. They count on their future releases being awesome ways to augment what you already have and make you want to buy it until you own 200 pts of a faction in a game where you play 50 pt games.

And maybe Fuhatsu and the Lone Marshal will be really super amazing and detailed models. I'm just wary is all. I'd rather spend $40 on the Nephilim box if it does indeed contain two Young and a Mature. Especially since the art for those looks sweet. (I hate everything about Fuhatsu from a creative standpoint. The concept is silly even in this game and the art looks dumb. I'll be copying my friend's proxy idea of a big 50mm samurai toting a gatling gun).

Until we have a view of the actual contents of the boxes it's hard to form a meaningful opinion on the value they represent.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

But Gremlins aren't a real faction (or real people). >.>

Everytime you say that a gremlin dies.