Okay, this is a little sad...

...and I hate pointing it out, but the emperor's freaking naked, okay?

The Wyrd site as it stands is kind of a joke. I can't find out what's been released, what's coming soon, etc, etc. The lates "New Releases" post is from September of last year. Wyrd needs to this taken care of.

There are other issues, but this one catches my eye right off.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

And I don't mean to be cruel with this, far from it. I'm just trying to point out to Wyrd that their website could be a more effective sales tool. Your customers and potential customers cannot buy what they do not know exists. What boxes have been released for Malifaux 2e? Which ones are coming? These are things that should be obvious upon visiting the Wyrd site.

I sort of agree - Wyrd has a lot on their plates right now, so I understand there are a lot of priorities that are being juggled. The website holds up pretty well, given the changes, but there are two things:

If the "Coming Soon" tags could come down off of some of the current range models, that would be great.

And the "V2 Statcards" have been a little confusing to new players I've been introducing to the game, the nuance of Version 2 versus Second Edition can get lost.

Not necessarily new, but at least more up to date with current Wyrd doings. And yes, the cards that are already on the website need to be marked as outdated.

Another suggestion: How about some "This is Malifaux" videos? Talking about the game and the setting, showing how the game is played, that sort of thing. (Not that YouTube isn't awash in them anyway, but something nicely done by Wyrd or some fans would be good.)

I dont think i've even looked at the site that often lately, I either go straight to forums, or the store

That's true for us, usual users, but it's necessary for new players (and potential buyers) to have official info about the game, second edition and the crews they can choose. I really think an up-to-date page would help with sales.

Have to agree with this. The website doesn't need to be overhauled, but really needs a lot more attention when being updated, if somebody searches for Malifaux, ends up in the Malifaux page instead of the wyrd page, he might think "bah, this is dead" and just leave.

The profile distribution from the metal models is something I'm wondering how it will be applied, hell, do the plastics have the new cards? are they marked in a special way in the box so you know they have them? I'm asking since I really don't know.

The profile distribution from the metal models is something I'm wondering how it will be applied, hell, do the plastics have the new cards? are they marked in a special way in the box so you know they have them? I'm asking since I really don't know.

The revised crew boxes have a logo in the lower right-hand corner of the front of the box. It says M2E. If the box doesn't have that, it's got the earlier cards in it. None of the metals will have them, and only the newest plastics will. If you're looking into an older crew, your best bet is to grab the arsenal box for your faction. And try to stick to models that are either in the core rulebook, or the wave 2 beta. That way you're sure you have stats for them.

Have to agree with this. The website doesn't need to be overhauled, but really needs a lot more attention when being updated, if somebody searches for Malifaux, ends up in the Malifaux page instead of the wyrd page, he might think "bah, this is dead" and just leave.

Well the company does maintain a number of websites dedicated to their products. Malifaux has one, Puppetwars has one that is still a bit "buggy", Evil Baby Orphanage has a place holder, Through the Breach has a Forum and will likely eventually receive its own supporting website, and all of these are in addition to the main Wyrd site. All of them could use some attention.

Well the company does maintain a number of websites dedicated to their products. Malifaux has one, Puppetwars has one that is still a bit "buggy", Evil Baby Orphanage [still] has a place holder, Through the Breach has a Forum and will likely eventually receive its own supporting website, and all of these are in addition to the main Wyrd site. All of them could use some attention.

Attention, or condensing. Either one works.

If we're trying to promote Wyrd, as a brand, then all of the Wyrd products should probably fall under the core Wyrd page, with their own sub sections. The books and other products do tend to tell us to visit Wyrd-Games.net, after all.

But it might be set up in a way that was meant to make maintaining each site easier without messing up the others. Problem is, none of them seem to be getting updated at all.

My comment wasn't particularly helpful and was more whining than constructive criticism.

Suggestions: Puppetwars needs more product images rather than just a link to the box contents / wyrd shop

Evil Baby Orphanage - again more images of what you actually get.

Terraclips: Is amazing, I love this site, its layout, has lots of visual and embedded video content.

Malifaux: the flagship product should have regular updates. Currently it's October 20th, there's 2 new plastic boxes of signature characters out on Tuesday and no mention of it on the site.

Getting Started>

If I go to 'getting started' I have pictures of the soon to be obsolete Rasputina gang, the rulebook link shows the older rules and links to the old one on the store which gives a 'product error' link.

It also shows the older Lady Justice gang.

The bottom row lists fate decks (awesome) but also the older expansion books Twisting Fates

etc.

Again each faction links to its older box (eg Justice to the old box) which is a pity since the newer plastics are much cooler!

Resources > All of the rules updates and errata need to be removed. Some are listed as 'V2 ' (as in 1.5) which is easily confused for M2E

Downloads would also need an update to reflect M2E

Crew creator would need to be labelled V1.5

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

The revised crew boxes have a logo in the lower right-hand corner of the front of the box. It says M2E. If the box doesn't have that, it's got the earlier cards in it. None of the metals will have them, and only the newest plastics will. If you're looking into an older crew, your best bet is to grab the arsenal box for your faction. And try to stick to models that are either in the core rulebook, or the wave 2 beta. That way you're sure you have stats for them.

But a total n00b wouldn't necessarily know that. A company's website should make it as clear cut and idiot proof as possible.

But a total n00b wouldn't necessarily know that. A company's website should make it as clear cut and idiot proof as possible.

Correct, and my answer wasn't intended as a blanket statement, merely to answer one person's question. I'm still a newbie here, I just know because I've done some research.

Also, my original post wasn't terribly helpful, and was probably overly sarcastic. My apologies to everyone.

Correct, and my answer wasn't intended as a blanket statement, merely to answer one person's question. I'm still a newbie here, I just know because I've done some research.

Also, my original post wasn't terribly helpful, and was probably overly sarcastic. My apologies to everyone.

Yeah some people get put off easily and others are more tenacious. While its all very easy to >female dog< about things online that's just complaining, critisism needs to offer suggestions for improvement, which if given in the spirit of charity and goodwill towards a nice company (like wyrd) are much more likely to be acted on. EG as opposed to 'oi wyrd, your website is naff!!111!'

Okay, here's my list of things that need to be corrected on the Wyrd site(s):

1. The new releases and upcoming releases need to be updated and kept up to date. The newsfeed in general needs to be updated more often.

2. The current crew creator, old stat cards, and mini rulebook download need to be marked as obsolete.

3. A list of which models have been updated, which ones are currently in beta, and which ones haven't been started yet.

4. A guide to telling which figures & crew boxes are the new sculpts and which are the old ones.

Nice to have:

1. Post the beta stat cards somewhere besides the forums. Right now, that's the only place to find them, and they're not obvious.

2. An updated crew creator would be good. Does not need to be fancy, or have the complete model statistics, just something that makes a correct crew.

3. "This is Malifaux" videos - An overview of Malifaux, the world and how to play.

Edited by Emberlost

Feel free to make suggestions - we're actually working on stuff, just its in the background, some needs to come ahead sooner than later.

Thank you for letting us know. And I do apologize for my original post; I was just a little frustrated. I'd just played my first game of Malifaux 2E and really liked it. Then I go to pick a crew and had a lot of trouble figuring out which of the new crew boxes had been released and which ones were coming when. (Eyeing the Children of December box, btw. The new ice golem is too cool not to love.)

Critique is fine, and we deserve a bit of it quite honestly - if folks don't point it out, we're apt to maybe let some things fall behind that shouldn't.

And I appreciate your openness and honesty about that. Taking good criticism well is part of good customer relations. A company that is friendly to customers will find an easier time attracting new players (like me!).

Something else that occurred to me this morning. Are there official Facebook pages for Wyrd games and Malifaux? I found some fan pages, but there didn't seem to be an official one. Another way to keep your fans up to date on Wyrd doings. If there is one, links on the main page would be a plus.