Team GT - 5/6th April - NWGC Stockport

mythicFOX

Another date for the calendar; 5th and 6th of April 2014.

It's been a while since we had a team event so I'll be organizing the Team GT 2014 at North West Gaming Centre in Stockport. If you've not been to NWGC recently it's now the home of Element Games new store, which is crammed full of gaming goodies.

This will be a two day ranked event with teams of three players playing against each other in what promises to be a fun weekend of Malifaux.

You can buy tickets to the event now! They're being sold by the lovely Element Games;

http://elementgames.co.uk/event-tickets

A ticket covers a full team of three players, and includes food.

Don't worry if you can't find a full team of three, we can get you matched up with other players.

Teams Entered:
1) The Wintons
2) The Team In Third Place
3) Team Flat Cap
4) Drinking not Thinking

5) Heart or Archness

6) Tea-Makers and Wound-Takers

7) Dom's Rent Boys

8) Dead Cat Pounce

Ronin looking for a team:
tenshu
PositronMike
SilverBullet

Updated Rulespack here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y81ppmz7vbcxcez/TeamGT-2014_v3.pdf

Edited by mythicFOX

@ Davi - It's three tables, but there will be a team element in terms of which team member if playing on which of the three tables so team tactics are relevant. Besides I'm not cruel enough to try and cram three gamers along one 3' board edge.

@ Stu1013 - We're a really welcoming bunch so don't worry about your standard of play. It's a great way to meet the community and get some practice in. :)

Hmmm, I'd like to get involved and it's close to me but I am very new to this so not sure I am up to the standard needed. Any thoughts?

Due to an inital lack of players near me I'd only played 3 games before attending my first tournament. Best way to learn :D

And @mythicFOX is correct it's a great way to meet people and Malifaux is far more friendly than some other tournament game systems in my opionion *cough* *Warhammer* *Cough*

Oh and I'm interested in coming, just seeing if I can rouse a team.

And convice the wife...

Edited by Ratboy Stoo

• 4 weeks later...

Good to hear. The venue's;

The North West Gaming Centre

1st Floor

Hallam Business Centre

Hallam Street

Stockport

SK2 6PT

The nearest train station is (SK3 9HZ) about a mile away, which google tells me is; 4mins by car, 12mins by bus, or 21mins on foot. Google map.

The Premier Inn Stockport South is basically over the road from the venue (SK2 6NB), and is currently quoting £29/night for a twin room. I'm sure other hotels are available etc...

Trust this helps! *grin*

Good to hear. The venue's;

The Premier Inn Stockport South is basically over the road from the venue (SK2 6NB), and is currently quoting £29/night for a twin room. I'm sure other hotels are available etc...

That's what they all say. I've yet to see a room I can actually purchase for £29.

Will we be able to sacrifice team members in some way if they are rubbish?

That's what they all say. I've yet to see a room I can actually purchase for £29.

Will we be able to sacrifice team members in some way if they are rubbish?

You clearly aren't staying in dodgy enough hotels. *wink*

Those were the prices quoted for the Friday and Saturday nights of the event.

I'll keep that idea in mind when I write the rules pack. *grin*