New Ten Thunders Master

11th Thunder

So it is four and a half weeks until Beta Wave 2, and here I am shaking like a school boy to find out who the seventh Ten thunders master will be.

Do we think it will be a new one, who is ten thunders only, or do we think we will pick up another infiltrator, giving us two into one faction?

Does anyone with more idea of the lore know who it could be?

What kind of Master are you hoping for, with what kind of style?

I would like to see a dashing swordsman in the vein of samurai cinema. I feel this is the one eastern film archtype not represented amongst the 10T. Admitedly though Zatoichi could be seen as being represened in Lady Justice and katanas are a pretty big theme of the Viks.

What do you guys think we will see?

Misaki's father? I haven't read much of the lore (I only have book 1 and I'm hesitant to buy the others even though the fluff is great) but I'm pretty sure he was the true leader of the Ten-Thunders. He would make perfect sense to be Ten Thunders only, especially since Misaki is now Dual-Outcasts. It wouldn't make sense for him to ally himself with any other faction. Still, I'm sure whatever they choose for the faction would be great. +1 to that Samurai idea.

Misaki's dad was my first thought too, but the current lore is that Misaki is in Malifaux as his proxy.

I am sure that whatever Wyrd gives us will be awesome. I will admit at this point that I just like swords :P

That was the Lore in Twisting Fates - In Storm of Shadows he's in Malifaux and she has an argument with him, storms off, kills some Guild dudes and then delivers their severed heads to him...

A giant Cat called Chairman Meow.

I'm in.

I'm thinking:

1) Misaki's dad or a misaki's dad proxy.

2) Dragon

3) dinosaur riding pirate ninjas

4) circus ******......er guys with floppy shoes and round noses and colorful cotton candy hair that do slapstick.

Will never be ****** in Malifaux. Either Nathan or Eric (I can never remember which) is terrified of them and has said there will never be a ***** in Malifaux. Ever. I think Collodi and his harlequin-esque crew is the closest it will ever be. :P

see if someone is scared of something all the more reason for it to be in the game and utterly terrifying.

But then you have to deal with it on a daily basis as part of your job.

Also, I am very happy the needles on the nurses are so comical as to not bother me. If they evoked better images of the real thing, I literally don't think I could play with one on the table.

Since the Three kingdoms is composed of Japan, China and Vietnam and since we haven't seen anythig Vietnamese yet I hope we get a big surprise.

On the other hand oriental mysticism hasn't been used a lot. In the Twisting Fates there was a gang called Dervishes (of something, some color or something) that Misaki fought against, but those were the dark arts mystics that had to be dealt with... and you also have Monk of the Low River (and I haven't read his fluff yet).

Somebody has mentioned some sort of elemental master like the dragon looking bad guy in crappy Return of the Mummy sequel with yetis and clay mummies (which I couldn't bring myself to watch) and that would be a little to blunt in my opinion, but I suppose it could have a much better execution in game than in that movie.

I'm sort of hoping for a bad guy that is somehow a cross between Shiwan Khan from this movie and The Shadow himself. I've only seen the movie, didn't get to reading the comic books and that story began as a radio show in the 30's. Movie looks nice, but it's very corny..

Shiwan Khan's supposedly descended from Genghis Khan and the main hero was an American pilot that somehow became a crime lord (turned a hero later) and that doesn't have anything to do with the original Three Kingdoms. The story revolves around two guys controling everyone through mystic/psychic powers like mass hypnotism, telekinesis, transdimensional manipulation of time/space and they've learned to master their powers in a Tibetan monastery.

The Tulku organization/order from that the Shadow guy runs screams of Ten Thunders and it's corny enough for Malifaux as it became obscure since the movie flopped, so I don't see it referenced anywhere.

EDIT

I 've just watched it again. It's very corny, but a great fun and has a lot of atmosphere.

Picture a mongolian warrior fetching a cab in New York in order to go assassinate someone and no one notices him. I'm not sure if everyone in the movie is hypnotised or there are a lot of plotholes. It's definitely worth a watch.

Edited by Linus Mcmold
most of the post was incoherent

This is also my best bet, especially with the addition of the Samurai and Fuhatsu models. They really don't fit with the motif of any of the existing crews, but they would with a warlord type master.

Also, The Governor General hasn't had any real competition, politically -- a noble Samurai family could change that.

I like the old shogunate route.

Back before Misaki became an Outcast master I was hoping she'd stay pure and the new master would be Outcast/Ten Thunders.

I like the idea of a rogue shogun, able to hire/infiltrate mercenaries from the Outcast or Ten Thunders factions.

The guy from Dead of Winter seems like a dead ringer for the new Ten Thunders Master

Takeda the master swordsman

and his crew:

Doshi, Roshan, Hiro, and Po

Edited by Scirian

I like the old shogunate route.

Back before Misaki became an Outcast master I was hoping she'd stay pure and the new master would be Outcast/Ten Thunders.

I like the idea of a rogue shogun, able to hire/infiltrate mercenaries from the Outcast or Ten Thunders factions.

The guy from Dead of Winter seems like a dead ringer for the new Ten Thunders Master

Takeda the master swordsman

and his crew:

Doshi, Roshan, Hiro, and Po

I nearly suggested Takeda in the OP - but didn't read enough of the story to tell if he was dead or not :P

Also this guy and his League of Shadows remind me of the Oyabun.

Can anyone who has read the new rulebook's fluff for the Last Blossom summarize what it is about?

There is reference to the Oyabun, and "The Dragon", with the cultural Yakuza like trappings and how they are infiltrating Malifaux, which is why it would seem they are all duel faction and building alliances to at least feign allegiances, as well as Misaki being both the daughter and the representative in Malifaux of the Oyabun and the sister and superior of Mei Fang, but there is no mention of "Last Blossom" itself I could find, aside from the stat cards.