Gremlin Changes in M2E

rgarbonzo

So'mer - Cache 4

Lenny - None

Skeeters - None

Bayou Gremlin - Squeal changed to High Pitched Squeal (after resolving not after damaging)

Piglet - Set'er Off reworded

Brewmaster - None

Whiskey Golem - None

Apprentice Wesley - None

Moon Shinobi - None

Ophelia LaCroix - LoS added to Eyes Closed

Rami LaCroix - None

Raphael LaCroix - None

Pere Ravage - None

Francois LaCroix - :masks trigger on Loose Trigger changed to a :crows

Young LaCroix - None

Warpig - Set'er Off reworded

Hog Whisperer - Cost 5, Df 4

Slop Hauler - None

Pigapult - Rare 1

Fingers - Wp 6

Because I'm fond of of beating dead horses, here's the redundant details on the Ophelia changes;

-Threatening gun currently gives youngin's a range 10 beat sick class damage flip. At least until the inevitable errata, max youngin allotment is advisable, it doesn't matter if they can barely hit the broad side of the barn when they can blow a third of the barn away with a glancing hit. Still, I'd advise people not to get to attached to it.

-Move it, on the threatening gun's card, lets Ophelia trade her zero for a fourth generic ap. Great for offense, great for scenario play, great for mobility. Occasionally it's going to be usefull to get other Kin to focus or drop tokens but more frequently I think its going to be just another way to leverage Ophelia's basic stat stick. Nothing about this not to love except that it's probably going to have her base zeroes collecting dust.

-Your turn, on jug rocket, is kind of a photo negative of Ooh, a girl. Occasionally she'll use this to throw Rami into a crow's nest or put a youngin into a firing position, but used selfishly it is a resource free, unconditional 8'' teleport that requires no setup. It takes Ophelia's already superb mobility and puts it into the stratosphere.

edit: Hooch igniter also does stuff. Though to be honest I've yet to see it come up.

Edited by hypoking

-Move it, on the threatening gun's card, lets Ophelia trade her zero for a fourth generic ap. Great for offense, great for scenario play, great for mobility. Occasionally it's going to be usefull to get other Kin to focus or drop tokens but more frequently I think its going to be just another way to leverage Ophelia's basic stat stick. Nothing about this not to love except that it's probably going to have her base zeroes collecting dust.

I don't have the cards or rulebook in front of me, but are you sure she can target herself with the action?

Wording wise it works, but, and I could be wrong, I don't think given how lethal she is that they intended to give her basically 4 AP, personally I *think* it is an over site . Misaki, who was the model with the most AP last edition, still kind of can do similar, but she has to be in melee, and be attacking a model that already has the Stalked Condition. RAW it works, but it seems off to me.

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly Fetid. It's pretty well implied that the kin-ergy zeroes were designed to replicate existing utility within the crew and not turn Ophelia into a jet-pack-toting, lever-action, murder machine. RAW is what it is though, and there's very little ambiguity about what the rules say.

If she gets errata'd in November than she gets errata'd. Personally, I think that the threatening gun is at the very least in for a change. Untill then though we can only play what's on the cards.

Not sure if Threatnin Gun will change or not. Sure it gives the Young a attack action at 4/5/6 damage with a TN 13 Horror Duel if they hit. If they hit, they are at Sh 4 on the Attack and actually brings them in line with the Right Between the Eyes spell that they would use in 1.5. Not only is the Avg Df a bit higher than 4 but the Young are incredibly squishy and easy to kill. Since this is the only upgrade that doesn't get discarded, it's one that I will regularly use.

The Last Upgrade is Hooch Igniter and it deals 1/1:blast :blast/1:blast :blast :blast damage. This attack ignores cover. Everyone damaged by this attack will suffer Burning +2.

Ophelia get a tactical Action Move and Burn where all friendly Kin models in :pulse 10 with Paralyzed or Slow lose those conditions and gain Burning +1.

To give a text an author is to impose a limit on that text, to furnish it with a final signified, to close the writing. Such conception suits criticism very well, the later allocating itself the important task of discovering the author beneath the work: when the author has been found the text is 'explained' - Victory to the critic... Classic criticism has never paid any attention to the reader; for it, the writer is the only person in literature.

It is irrelevant whether or not it is fun, whether there is past precedent, or even whether it is balanced. What matters is that the upgrade exists in direct opposition to the established aesthetic. For that sin alone it will be corrected.

The increase in price may also have something to do with what they're planning for Ulix.

I'm not that all concerned with the cuddles. Hog Whisperers are back where they should be: Pig support pieces. Rather than the universal objective grabbers and melee mini-wombats they were before. Their tactical actions are still absolutely superb if you want to run a Pig list and with Pig Feed on Somer and a single Hog Whisperer you'll have plenty of Hog Whispering to blanket the board with, lots of movement shenanigans with Sooey! and Tossed Feed, and Stik'm on a War Pig is still really great.

And, yes, we have to also assume these changes were made with Ulix already in mind as well.

I received my rule book just today and it looks like she is no longer limited to hiring only gremlins. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Thanks.

Correct, she is no longer limited. Though she has no support for non-Gremlin models really, so there's little reason to bring Pigs with her. But that may change in Wave 2, who knows?