M2E Mei Feng

r4st4f4n

Looks like this is the right format to collect some info in the infinite wait before getting hands on The Book! :)

I tried to ask the question in the general thread, but it was submerged by a 5+ pages discussion on misdirection, and after that the visitors rate went down.

So if someone book-equipped wants to explicate the "changes" to Mei, like happened to the other models, is gratefully welcome indeed.

And also, if Johan's art is existing and spoilable and the good samaritan shares it too, he or she will avoid me starting a new thread and explain everything from the beginning :)

Well, let's see!

* Intimidating Pose triggers after damaging now.

Otherwise, her card is just like the final Beta version.

Upgrades:

Servant of Dragons: Gains Cleanse the Earth, allowing the model to discard the upgrade to discard all scheme markers in :pulse 3.

Price of Progress: Cost reduced to 1, and heals 1 damage in addition to previous effect.

Thunderous Smash: Trigger now occurs after damaging, but also discards all scheme, corpse, and scrap markers within 3" of the model as well.

People's Challenge: Clarifies that if a model fails the WP duel for Taunt, the action fails.

Hard Worker: Cost reduced to 1, Shapes in the Steam also allows models to ignore markers when drawing LoS.

Mmm, seems like she got a lot of interesting suff, a lot of scheme marker hate. Is cleanse the earth a 1 or 0 action? Any changes in the rest of her crew? Kang and friends, rail golem and metal gamin?

Cleanse the Earth doesn't take an AP at all; you just discard the upgrade at the start of the model's activation and it happens.

Kang is unchanged, Emberling is unchanged, Rail Worker is unchanged, Metal Gamin are unchanged, and Rail Golem is unchanged. :)

Is she able to lead Ten Thunders crew regardless of size? I know there was a restriction in the last edition...

Mei Feng - much like the other dual faction members - can lead full crews of whichever faction you choose to align them with. Many of them possess the Infiltration ability, which further allows a specific sub-faction of models (Foundry, Darkened, etc) to be used in their crews regardless of their current alignment.

Her Seismic Claws moved to an upgrade that givers her 2 Triggers to her Tiger Claws,

Tremors which gives a 3" push to a target and gives her another Tiger Claw attack against another target.

Rolling Ground Gives the defender a 2" push and then Mei get to Jackhammer Kick them if they are in range.

There never was.

I think the limit the poster is recalling is the 4 model limit on the Foundry infiltration. If you are running Mei as a 10 thunder, you can take as many 10 T models S you like, but could only take up to 4 non 10 T models that have the Foundry characteristic (which are typically Arcanist). Conversely, if you were running her Arcanist, you could take up to 4 non Arcanist foundry models (although non strike me off the top of my head).

Mostly they "de-synergised" the crew's ability to increase the value of Burning on the Rail Golem. As far as I'm aware, there's now nothing that the crew can do to add Burning to Constructs.

This de-synergisation is going to be awkward when the burning centric Kaeris is released. There'll have to be a constructs clause in all of her abilities that add burning, like there has to be in all the Rail Crew stuff. Hardly ideal with space so limited on the cards as it is.

I miss the synergy, the rail golem used to be the centrepiece of the crew.

Mostly they "de-synergised" the crew's ability to increase the value of Burning on the Rail Golem. As far as I'm aware, there's now nothing that the crew can do to add Burning to Constructs.

Well, other than the Burning triggers on Mei Feng's and Kang's attacks.

You'd be hitting your own guys, but it's an option.

Having faced the rail golem several times in M2e, I can say that so far I have never seen an issue with it running out of burning counters.

This.

Any time I've fought against the Rail Golem (and it's been a number of times now,) it has no issue getting to it's target with enough Burning Counters to flatten the hell out of it. I have seen it blow it's Burning Counter load on getting the kill against a particularly problematic model, but even in those cases it's worth it in the trade.

The Rail Golem and Ramos' Howard Langston are two of the scariest models in the game right now, IMO.

Usually, I have a few problems with it, especially in the early game, but with proper movement, when I do go after them, I can spend 4-6 burning counters in a single turn, and get 2-4 attacks with movement.

Maybe I need to be a bit better, but I do find that I run out of burning counters.

my rail golem charged and killed an executioner, and used locomotion to move further and hit Samael. Next time it killed Samael, killed an austringer and ran into the enemy deployment zone to deal with breakthrough. They're brutal. :) i spammed locomotion but felt like i couldn't run out of burning.

I find that if I wait until turn 3 I have plenty of burning counters to keep him going. The important part is having enough to move to combat, as once he is in combat he can keep getting more to fuel locomotion.

Waiting a turn to get that extra burning counter and possibly a couple of others from being shot at can make the difference between a good turn and a great turn. The risk is that your opponent has had that extra time to kill the golem.

I was lined up in charge range against Howard Langston. My opponent got greedy and wanted to give Howard reactivate. He now knows that dead things can't activate let alone reactivate.

Incidentally flipping 11 on Initiative meant I thought i was going first. he flipped a 12 and didn't go for the immediate charge. Rail Golem ended up in perfect place for Mei to bounce off to kick Ramos in the face and get Assassinate a turn later.

And taking recalled Training or having him in LOS to Kang with Hard Worker is a god-send. :+fate on all flips is very scary for a Rail Golem. The (0) to activate precise to ignore armor and HtW has to weighed against the (0) Locomotion.

D.