10T After Release of Malifaux 2.0

TekDekay

Now that the 2.0 rules, model stats, and upgrades are now officially released for Wave 1 models, what do you think about 10 T as a faction going forward?

Is our faction still tournament worthy?

Will you have to change your play style for any Masters?

Are you more/less likely to play certain masters and/or models?

Any particular strategy or schemes you prefer?

I wasn't trying suggest that they are or aren't tournament worthy. Rather, I am just seeking the opinions of other 10T players. I played 10T and Guild in 1.5 but I stayed away from my favorite factions during testing because I wanted to wait until the official rules, stats, and upgrades were out. Now that they are I figured the 10 T forum could use a place to express their opinions.

So whats your opinion on 10 T now that wave 1 is released?

I didn't get to play much during Gencon, but one demo I did was a crew v. crew one to show someone how full crew mechanics work. It was Misaki vs. Rasputina. I noticed three big things that I found interesting and think have a lot of potential.

1. Misaki's Reposition can make for some interesting last minute gambits in games like Stake a Claim. Or in just screwing with your opponent. I used it to great effect against a Gamin- I Charged it, repositioned on the first attack, smacked it again, repositioned on the second attack, then repositioned into melee range of Rasputina. The next turn, I attacked her, repositioned out of combat, then dropped a Scheme Marker.

2. Torakage are fast. Really, really fast. And being immune to disengaging strikes is a big deal when you look at them as Scheme Marker creators. I blitzed one all the way into the back corner of my opponent's deployment zone and dropped a marker by turn 4.

3. Ototo has some interesting mechanics now. My personal favorite was when he had taken 7 wounds, so Enraged kicked in. I discarded a card, used Flurry, smacked the Ice Golem a bunch, then wrapped up my turn with his zero to heal. In an odd way, he's kinda tanky.

Glad to read you think the Torakage are still good. They were probably my most favorite minion model in the old version of the game. I had been reading some concerning things about them but it sounds like they are still full of their mind-freaking shennanigans which is a huge relief.

Misaki was a favorite of mine as well so it is nice to read she is still solid. I can envision that the repositioning would be quite useful.

What upgrades have you played Misaki with and have you avoided playing any?

I really like 10T in 2E, Misaki and Mei Feng have some major in your face type movement shenanigans and a lot of minions get :+fate on various things.

I have played Misaki with Stalking Bisento, Misdirection and Recalled Training, a.k.a the you discard 10 cards and I have :+fate:+fate on everything build. But she might actually have the biggest selection of really good upgrades to chose from.

I have played Misaki with Stalking Bisento, Misdirection and Recalled Training, a.k.a the you discard 10 cards and I have :+fate:+fate on everything build. But she might actually have the biggest selection of really good upgrades to chose from.

That's the basic combo I've been working with. My 50SS Beta list looks something like this:

1 Misaki - 7 Cache

Misdirection - 2

Stalking Bisento - 2

Recalled training - 1

1 Shang - 3

1 Yamaziko - 7

Recalled training - 1

1 Drake (Dawn Serpant) - 10

1 Torakage - 6

2 Archers - 14

I found this worked quite well, good Sh & Ml attacks, resonably quick standard bodycount (I think... ). Whatdo you guys think? Any critique?

For those that have the book, does this look somewhat similar rulewise?

I really liked being able to shoot into combat with the archers, they're kinda a nice little ace-in-the-hole!

Illuminated are so good, glad they are all 10t now.

I was curious about this for the second wave... I wondered if any of the non-dual faction that were clearly cut out for a certain dual faction master would be given the dual faction characteristic, if nothing else but for the purpose of the arsenal decks...

Chiaki and Sidir are who come to mind specifically. It wouldn't be TOO terrible to have to pick up the arsenal decks for these models as I would certainly have use for the other cards, but it does feel a bit silly to pick up the resser deck (for instance) just for Chiaki and Izamu if they aren't dual faction now. I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it would seem a little funny.

However, I am not a Jakob player so I may have misunderstood your comment. did the illuminated become dual faction in the shift to M2E?

And do any of you think this will happen to models like Sidir or Chiaki?

However, I am not a Jakob player so I may have misunderstood your comment. did the illuminated become dual faction in the shift to M2E?

And do any of you think this will happen to models like Sidir or Chiaki?

Illuminated are now dual faction 10T and Neverborn. They came in my 10T arsenal pack. Based on how other minions are included I suspect Chiaki and Sidir will be in the 10T pack, not the Resser packs, as they belong with 10T crews?

Better fun than competitive in my opinion but nice to read they are still both.

I think the thing I liked most about 10 T was that most of my opponents also found them fun to play against. You could, and can still it sounds like, play lots of tricksy games with each of the masters and their minions making people really have to think and make hard decisions not only about what they wanted to do but also how they wanted to go about doing it.

Having used misaki and lynch in the beta, I can join in the confirmations that 10T will continue to be strong. And fun, don't forget fun.

I can second half of this statement. I have played Misaki almost exclusively after the third week of the beta started. I have had a blast with her. She functions pretty well, though one should note i am not the best player in the world... ;)

Haven't used Jakob or Mei ever though i think i need to remedy this now.

Don't overlook Illuminated, even if you aren't a Lynch player. Even without brilliance they're very durable and fairly hitty for 7 points.

Have to firmly back this statement. I have been using them in Neverborn as a solid line piece and when I was trying out Brewmasters lists for 10t they did well. I did not have any in the Misaki list because I was trying out thinks like Samurai but I can see there use even there with the decent durability combined with solid healing they bring *not to mention a good charge range and sound melee stat and spread*.

I know this is 10t but I really did like pairing them with a Waldgeist in the Open Beta. Several of my lists where surviving was important had two Illuminated and two Waldgeist. I suspect that in lists that lack other rediable line pieces I will likely turn to the Illuminated for the task in 10t. It is enough that I have decided to break down and paint a second Illuminated.

Comparing the arsenal pack I got at Gencon, to the beta rules, it looks like Lynch/Hungering Darkeness has been weakened significantly.

There are two upgrades for Lynch

1) The Rising Sun: Gives the ability to summon the Hungering Darkness back after it dies

2) Endless Hunger: Gives the Hungering Darknesss +1 Casting AP and Terrifying(all)

Both upgrades are limited to Jacob Lynch only :(

Honestly, I can't see why you'd go with Endless Hunger..ever. With a Df of 3, Huggy is pretty vulnerable to pretty much anything. A neverdying huggy is way more scary.

However, Lynch gains a power that is not in the beta that I've seen: Expert Cheater that allows him to cheat facedown. That's crazy powerful for bluffing.

Expert Cheater was in the beta :)

As for endless Hunger, why not take them both, an undying Huggy with casting expert (his melee attack tendrils, at least in beta was a ca action) to get 3 attacks in a row with his damage spread is devastating.

Since both upgrades are limited and Jacob Lynch only; you can't. I think you can only take one or the other.

That's correct - you have to choose either one or the other and can't have both.

I don't think it's as much of a no-brainer as you're making out though. Sure, Rising Sun means you can throw in the Hungering Darkness and be pretty confident he'll come if he dies, although it takes a bit of setting up. With Endless Hunger, you might have to play a little bit cagier, but you can start getting the benefit of +1 Ca Expert from Turn 1, and it lends itself to a more manipulative playstyle with multiple castings of Heed my Voice.

I might take one if I was playing kill-based objectives, and the other for Interact-based objectives, for example.

I like this change, it makes choosing upgrade for Jakob much more difficult. With the buff to 52 Pickup, that also becomes viable and all the upgrades become potential choices.... It's almost *too* difficult to choose now - exactly as it should be.

Ah, now that I did not know. Well that's only a good thing. But still I somehow think that endless hunger is still the better one, with that 1 ca ap every turn is pretty good, with Guggy being able to survive due to incorporeal and dmg prevention.

Unless those are changed too? How do you feel about Huggy dropping to 0 cost?