Upgrade list from the Arsenal box

Balefirestorm

Found the complete list of upgrades in the webshop :) Have they actually changed Ophelia's guns? or did they only change the names? Anyone at Gencon care to spill the beans? ;)

• Stilts
  • 2x Dirty Cheater
  • Quality Mash Liquor
  • The Guardian Stone
  • Liquid Bravery
  • Family Tree
  • Can O'Beans
  • Encouragement
  • Pig Feed
  • I'll Love It And Pet It...
  • Show Off
  • Running Tab
  • The Good Stuff
  • Binge
  • Hold Their Hair Back
  • Angry Drunk
  • Drinking "Problem"
  • Hooch Igniter

• Jug Rocket
  • My Threatenin' Gun
  • 2x Gremlin-See
  • 3x Team Work

Ophelia's guns have in fact changed. In addition to shooting, each upgrade provides an additional ability as well. Furthermore, the Sh abilities themselves are all different.

My brother texted me pics of the upgrades from the Arsenal pack he bought me. A few more details:

Hooch Igniter: Blast-based attack that ignores cover and applies Burning +2 to those hit. It also grants a (1) Tactical action that removes Paralyze and Slow from any Kin in a :pulse10 but also applies Burning +1 to them. Must discard after using the Attack but not the Tactical Action

Jug Rocket: Moderate damage attack with decent range that ignores LoS but not cover. Also grants a (0) Tactical Action that allows you to target a Kin within 2" and then place them anywhere within 8" (can't interact until end of the turn after this). Discard to attack but not for the (0).

My Threatenin' Gun: Solid damage attack that forces a moderate Horror Duel to the target any all models within :pulse3 of the target after damaging. Grants a (0) action allowing a Kin within 8" to take a (1) Action which gains a :-fate for the duration. This upgrade DOES NOT get discarded when you use either action, including the attack. Seems like a bit of an oversight, but maybe it was intentional who knows?

My Threatenin' Gun: Solid damage attack that forces a moderate Horror Duel to the target any all models within :pulse3 of the target after damaging. Grants a (0) action allowing a Kin within 8" to take a (1) Action which gains a :-fate for the duration. This upgrade DOES NOT get discarded when you use either action, including the attack. Seems like a bit of an oversight, but maybe it was intentional who knows?

More for the faq I guess. Even as one shot Kin-bediance and terror bombing sounds like fun. I imagine it'll be especially satisfying if you can pull it off against a tight cluster of sorrows. Especially funny as it gives Ophelia a zero action reload off the young'ins.

So got a game in earlier with threatening gun. Blatant typo is blatant. Youngin should not be able to spam a 4/5/6 damage spread, even with a dismal accuracy that's way too much damage. Forcing the same cluster of model's into four or so modest terror checks is also kinda stupid. I like to think you'll find no bigger advocate of Ophelia than myself but she should not be better at punishing low wp than Pandora.

Typo aside threatenin gun is still really good. Without an 'other' clause to stop her from targeting herself Move It, might as well let her swap out her zero for generic fast. Considering her basic attack has a hard wired positive twist the negative isn't even that detrimental. Getting other model's to drop scheme markers, focus, and other shenanigans is cool to, but come on, four cheat-able rough rider shots is going to break most targets.

I'd also mention here the increased mobility from move it, but that's out shined by the jug-rocket jetpack. Flat out hoofing it, Ophelia can clear 26'' in a turn with a decent chunk of that bypassing terrain. I'm not sure but I think, that could be a record for m2.

I love the kin-ergy opened up by the new upgrades, and I'm grateful that somebody listened to us, but I think she may have turned into wodergrem here.

Edit: I could be completely misunderstanding how targeting works. That would kind of be a relief.

Edited by hypoking