Pullmyfinger Wiki and Malifaux M2E

osoi

Hi All,

Right now Wyrd have launched Malifaux M2E at Gencon so we here at Pullmyfinger are in for a major update with brand new entries required for all the Wave 1 release models. I would ask anyone who feels that they can contribute to spend a little time on an entry and go from there. We have brand new faction home pages already set up and even the Gremlins managed to sneak in there somehow.

A few house keeping things though:

1. Have another read through the Helping out and Style Guide pages on the sidebar.

2. Don't work from the files that were in the Open beta, they may be close to the final product but there are bound to be a couple of changes from the beta to actual release.

3. Theory is great but try and base the entries off actual table experience, yes this will mean that it will take time for some entries to be filled but its better that than a lot of theoryfaux.

4. Use the new templates, they are each marked clearly as M2E, please dont create a new page and not add content, it helps track progress a lot better when a new page is added that content is being provided as well.

5. We are seeing the birth of a new edition, there are discussion tabs available on each page so lets all have healthy debate on models if its needed.

Thank you all and see you on the other side of the breach.

-osoi

The link to the pullmyfinger wiki is in my signature

• 2 months later...

Is anyone else doing M2E on PMF?

I've added a few of the neverborn masters and put in some basic details. Added a few newer pictures too. The thing is how to distil down the limited information that is still available since M2E is not that long out. Also it seems wrong to just steal other peoples tactics and put them on PMF?

Perhaps there should be a usergroup on the forum for PMF? Or we should post in threads 'don't forget to edit PMF' ?

Locally the rulebooks and decks have only just come into stock, I'm not sure what it has been like elsewhere in the world. As people havent had much exposure yet to M2E I think its important to have some more games played and get to know the system before tryig to write in depth entries on PMF.

If people want to write some skeleton entries for models at the moment that would be great and we can then build entries further from there

What the Battlecollege wiki for Warmachine/Hordes did was keep the old pages in place, but mark them as obsolete. That way pullmyfinger stays useful to players who are still working off the 1.5 rules, and you can update as Wyrd releases the 2E stats.

Yep I already have that all set up theres is a separate section that says 1.5 it should be clear in the sidebar navigation

• 1 month later...
How do we go about getting permission to help write some of the articles? I requested to join the wiki quite some time ago but haven't heard anything back. There's a lot of empty or sparse pages for M2E that I'd love to help out with (The Thunder, Rasputina etc.)

I have approved a request with the same id as your forum id but you wont be notified of the approval as I was told you did not submit an email address. If that is you you are all good to sign in and start.

• 2 months later...

One thing I noticed when checking the site out recently was how easy it was to click the 1.5-articles by mistake. When you open an article and read it and scroll down. When you want to go back to the faction start page, you scroll up and click on the sidebar again. But since the 1.5 links come up first, you may click those without realizing it. I did it and opened up a page and though "whoa, this is doesn't make sense" and noticed pretty fast that I was on the wrong version. A new player might not notice so fast..

I would suggest that the 1.5-part of the sidebar is collapsed or something like that, so that you cannot easily press it by mistake.

• 3 weeks later...

You might also consider removing the pages from the sidebar altogether, and instead simply offering a single page index of all of the M1.5 pages. That way the archive is still navigable, but tidied out of the way.

I found PullMyFinger to be a fantastic resource when i first started the game, and really helped me see past my initial card readings to the richness within the game.

You might also consider removing the pages from the sidebar altogether, and instead simply offering a single page index of all of the M1.5 pages. That way the archive is still navigable, but tidied out of the way.

I found PullMyFinger to be a fantastic resource when i first started the game, and really helped me see past my initial card readings to the richness within the game.

I like this idea. :)

• 1 month later...

The PMF M2E Wiki seems to be very sparse on information right now. I'd like to try to do a drive to get more people to create articles and content for M2E -- ideally, I hope we'd have at least an article for each Master by July. 

Does this seem reasonable? Do you think people would want to do this?

I do not think it is unreasonable at all!

When I just got into Malifaux a year ago I listened back to some older podcasts, cannot remember which, whom promoted "Faction Months" on Pull My Finger. The idea was that every model in the faction should at least have an a shorter entry by the end of that month. Something of that nature would be kind of fun to get rolling for M2E. 

Hey All, just been approving all the new people who signed up for the wiki, glad to see so many people interested. There are a LOT of empty Masters right now, but I do want to try to hit the July article target, and I certainly think we can. Most everyone has a favourite master and that means you probably have a decent idea of how to use them. So I encourage everyone to give article writing a shot.

The worst that could happen is Justin hides under your bed and kills you in your sleep. And thats pretty unlikely.

He's more of a soul-eater kinda guy.

• 1 month later...