Obligatory "What is different from the beta?" thread

DeleteAccount

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any changes to the growth mechanic?

Obsidian Talons upgrade is 1ss now instead of 2 and sounds like it does the same thing.

Rapid Growth has a couple of small changes. First, you don't need LOS to the model with Rapid Growth on it to Grow or Mature - just gotta be within 12" of it. Second, the Feed the Brood part now works on models within 2" instead of within 1", so there's a little more room to kick growing around from the model with Rapid Growth.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

A quote from my buddy: "Misdirection still broke and unchanged."

Decaying Aura is now Rare 1 and a 4" aura instead of a 6" aura.

Who is the beta though "you know what swarms need? A way to carry models away!" I would have rather had self repair not need a scrap token or maybe unimpeded or pass through.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

I'm kinda curious what will happen to the Vikis. I sense them getting a cuddle but am not sure.

Who is the beta though "you know what swarms need? A way to carry models away!" I would have rather had self repair not need a scrap token or maybe unimpeded or pass through.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

I'm kinda curious what will happen to the Vikis. I sense them getting a cuddle but am not sure.

That rule for swarms is actually pretty much word for word something that was suggested for arachnid swarms. A few people liked it. Heal without scrap would be better, but I think the additional control and movement is still a nice addition, and solidifies them as a control piece rather than a slightly bigger arachnid.

I'm really interested in how Hoarcat Prides turned out.

Its a neat ability but I really wish the arachnid swarms had kept pass through. When you have a model that needs to be in base to base to use its latch on ability being able to move through models to do so would be pretty awesome. And they had it in 1.5 so I'm not sure why it wasn't kept. Also I kinda miss the defensive trigger the smaller ones had. Overall I'm not sure if the new arachnids and arachnid swarms got better.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Also why wasn't anyone trying to get unimpeded back on the swarms card?

That rule for swarms is actually pretty much word for word something that was suggested for arachnid swarms. A few people liked it. Heal without scrap would be better, but I think the additional control and movement is still a nice addition, and solidifies them as a control piece rather than a slightly bigger arachnid.

Think that might have been one of mine. *grin*

If it wasn't I'm sticking my flag in the credit anyway. All dessent will be moderated! Mwahahahahahaha!

A quote from my buddy: "Misdirection still broke and unchanged."

Decaying Aura is now Rare 1 and a 4" aura instead of a 6" aura.

Thanks for the intel Wrabbit!

Misdirection is a big downer for me since it's one of the abilities I despised the most by far. I am happy that decaying aura took a hit and seems a lot more reasonable while still being very powerful vs stone users.