Mali-Fest 2013, An M2E Tournament (Watertown, MA)

Jonasty

Oh nice, I didn't know my entry made it into this months chronicles. That model is Izamu, and it is a Wyrd Miniature model from their plastic releases in 2012. He is actually an 'Ancestor' and literally a piece of armor. He was a rezzer only model, but boy was he a good beat stick in M1E. He is part of the Wave 2 releases, so we should be seeing his Beta rules here shortly. I'll have to take a look at the entry.

As far as getting games in, that's awesome. Glad you've been able to make it up to the Game Castle. You need to get some of 'those 6' people to come play at Mali-fest on Saturday. It's so beginner friendly, and gives everyone in the area a chance to meet new players!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well 4 of the 6 are under 21 and 1's my cousin and he's busy the last ones my wife and i don't wanna hire a babysitter

but another thing i wanted to address on here is I'll be at the game castle from 4:30-close on Friday if anyone wants to play a couple warmup rounds before the tourney

ok so I have another question, I see that it's a fixed leader but, is it fixed faction fixed leader for example jakob lynch could I be neverborn 1 game and ten thunders the next or tara outcast 1 game and rezzer the next?

That's the way I read it and based on the rules packet. I'll be taking a duel faction master also, and expect to consider the possibility of using it in either faction.

Think I addressed this earlier in the thread but if not here you go.

The tournament is Fixed Master ONLY, faction doesn't matter. So if you take a dual faction master as your master choice, you can swap what faction they are between rounds. Obviously you need to adhere to the normal hiring rules for the faction in the round you're playing but otherwise you're fine. You could take Lynch, play Round 1 as NB and then Rounds 2 and 3 as TT, or any other weird combination. Up to you.

If you're talking public transit, you want to take the Red line out towards Alewife. Then you're either going to get off at Harvard Sq and take the 71 bus or you'll get off in Central Sq and take the 70 bus. They're about the same distance I think, either should be fine.

I wanted to thank everyone who came out and all of you who helped make this event amazing. We had a great turn out and a lot of really good games. And a huge thank you to all of you that participated in Drool_bucket's high noon shoot out that helped support PFalcon's charity work!

I'll have results and a bunch of pics added soon.

Thanks again everyone!