What miniatures thing have you just bought?

Lussuria

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the scribe. Was going to paint her up as an alt Freikorps Librarian. Add an armature suit from Hoffman and she could be a working Hannah.

Recent purchases: Dreamer crew, Dreamer small box, classic Raspy crew, Nicodem's avatar, Convergence of Cyris book...More things pending.

Edited by i_was_like_you

This month has been a miniatures extravaganza.

Malifaux: Tara + Miss Step;

Hordes (Circle): Feral Warpwolf, Tharn Ravagers Box, Razorwing Griffon, Ravager Chieftan

Hordes (Legion): Succubus, Sorceress on Hellion, Harriers, Warspear Chieftain, Angelius

40k: 6x metal Dark Eldar Warpbeasts, Haemonculus, Sslyth, Wracks, (CSM) Maulerfiend

Fantasy: Dark Elf Blackguard, Hydra, Reaper Bolt Thrower

I don't want to add up the total....even if ebay was my friend for some of it.

Avatars for Kirai, Seamus, and 'Tina. Got outbid on 'Dita's avatar while clocking back in from break. Ebay has definitely been a friend lately. A very greedy friend.

Puts my Resser count down to just needing Simulacrum 29 (McMourning's Avatar), the Drowned, and the pair of Doxies.

I may be putting up a huge trade / sale soon.

New items!!

1_zps3d875365.jpg

December Acolyte, Arcane Effigy, Vallejo Off White (Because I use mine for like EVERYTHING figured it was prudent to get a second) and Thinner medium. *grin* I love when parcels arrive!

Despite the thinner being for Airbrushes, it works awesomely well for creating on the fly washes and thinning in general.

Aside from the Arsenal Deck for Gremlins and Lenny, I haven't gotten any new Malifaux minis in a while. I am anxiously waiting to see what the 2.0 Gremlin sculpts look like.

I have gone a bit crazy puttng a Convergence of Cyrris army for Warmachine together though:

• Cyriss Starter box
  • 2 heavy Vector Kits
  • unit of Clockwork Angels
  • Unit of Attunement Servitors
  • Iorn Kingdoms Tomb Maiden, to stand in for the Steelsoul Pretoector.

Shields. I want to paint the parts of the mini that would be covered before sticking them on.

A good plan, indeed.

As far as my recent purchases:

Warmachine MkII (paperback), and I'm eyeing other codexes.

Trees, trees, and more trees from, get this, Dollar Tree. Also picked up some other Christmas-ey accessories to place around the gaming town closer to the actual holidays. More lamp posts (they're shorter and wider than the Wyrd ones, but they'll do fine as stand alones), some lamp posts with holiday banners, low walls, Christmas trees, potted holiday plants.

Now to actually use the white felt and the sparkly white felt I bought last year to use as snow. Going to put the shiny kind in low traffic areas, maybe on some rooftops away from the chimneys, and the regular white I'll probably give a wash to represent slush and sludge on streets and in alleys.

• 2 weeks later...

I just grabbed all of the Effigies. I always liked how they looked, and now with the Beta Rules, I can actually try some games with my friend who plays Hoffman, and Marcus with Slate Ridge. That, and I always liked how exaggerated everything was on them. Arcane being all mystical and floaty, Brutal with the strange horse leg, Hodgepodge's flowers, Mysterious being all crooked, and Carrion's Hamlet bit with his skull holding.

I also got an alternate Lady Justice, since that seems to be thing to get before it goes completely sold out, and I really need to practice hair. Which the model seems to have in spades.

And finally a translucent Medium Fire Elemental from Reaper for the Kaeris Henchmen, the Firestarter. Reaper has some really good models, and I feel really silly for writing them off during my Games Workshop phase.