What miniatures thing have you just bought?

Lussuria

I hope threads like these are allowed in here!

This thread is to just say, post a photo or a link to anything new miniatures related you have just bought.

I thought seeing what people buy and how they use them would be interesting and a learning experience to see! Not to mention a little way to show case anything new you have just picked up!

---

My most recent purchases:

1_zpsc2256ecb.jpg

My Puppet Wars, paints, Zombie Chihuahua, Rasputina and Wendigo all arrived! Yipee!

And according to my 'long time miniature playing' friends, one of the nicest kit casts they've ever seen.

post-13642-13911930455027_thumb.jpg

12 assembled! 32 to go! Eeehehehe so excited to see them all together.

post-13642-13911930455295_thumb.jpg

And my new 5/0 pure red sable brush.

Edited by Lussuria

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't wait until Gencon with all my purchases so I got Relic Hunters, Riflemen, Latigo Pistolleros and some base inserts on ebay. Unfortunately I'll have to wait for a while before I get them as shipping from the US to Europe takes time...

Just finished constructing me and a mates first Arena Rex beta-test paper gladiators.

Roll on Thursday...

Oooh I'd love to see!

Reaper Bones. While I bought it ages ago in a Kickstarter, it only arrived last week if that counts.

th_LadyJ_zps30ceb97f.jpg

We're gonna need a bigger sword

Oh, so like, that thing is HUGE. I had no idea people even played with 'miniatures' that large.

I posted on the Malifaux Crews ... Gotta Catch Em All!!! thread that I don't have, nor do I particularly want anything to do with Master Hamelin, his crew, or his avatar. But then as soon as I had walked away from the computer to grab a drink, I realized that I may want Hamelin for use as an npc in Through the Breach, especially if they wander into the sewers.

So I checked ebay and found a Hamelin crew, sans Hamelin, for $0.99. Ended up winning it for around $16 last night.

I'm pending a finalized transaction from a fellow forum member that will be bringing me Collodi, nearly finishing off my Neverborn (still need Hooded Rider).

Last night I ran Kirai for the first time. I had just gotten her from a forum member a month ago.

And, not technically a purchase, but I brought home the GTM Witchling Stalker the other day.

Edited by i_was_like_you

I am fairly new to Malifaux and last week I ended up buying Marcus and his crew box along with some Molemen and a Hoarcat Pride. Still trying to figure out how I should go about painting and sculpting the minis and bases at this time. Hopefully looking through the forums I will find some ideas and tips to use.

I am fairly new to Malifaux and last week I ended up buying Marcus and his crew box along with some Molemen and a Hoarcat Pride. Still trying to figure out how I should go about painting and sculpting the minis and bases at this time. Hopefully looking through the forums I will find some ideas and tips to use.

Welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll find plenty of great ideas and tips on here and around the rest of the web.

Marcus' crew was fun to paint.

my puppet wars box is still relatively new and i'm slowly working on some of them. look for photos of my first death marshall(puppet), aka captain fiddlybits, soon.

my most recent purchase was a set of 5 boxes, each one a diff shape/color of 1/35th scale laser cut paper leaves. birch, maple, oak, and 2 others. i'm going to model up some scouts from another company, and rather than paint a camo pattern on their cloaks, i'll be using inked medical gauze, cheap brush fibers, unwound twine, and the leaves to make ghille suits.

it will take forever and be a pain in the behind, but its only 5 guys and should look amazing when done, if i dont botch it. i will have to use tweezers to pick up each leaf, then use toothpick/paperclip to apply glue, and then place it on the model.

Welcome! I am infact also new and starting with the Marcus box!

I'm sure you will. All the people around here appear to be super friendly, so I'm sure people won't mind being asked questions regarding the painting and sculpting *grin* . Just not me, hahaha because I have no idea how to do either of those things yet.

my puppet wars box is still relatively new and i'm slowly working on some of them. look for photos of my first death marshall(puppet), aka captain fiddlybits, soon.

AHAHAH Captain Fiddlybits. I shall remember this name when I go to put him together.

And the plan for the guys sounds awesome! Hope you post them up!

my most recent purchase was a set of 5 boxes, each one a diff shape/color of 1/35th scale laser cut paper leaves. birch, maple, oak, and 2 others. i'm going to model up some scouts from another company, and rather than paint a camo pattern on their cloaks, i'll be using inked medical gauze, cheap brush fibers, unwound twine, and the leaves to make ghille suits.

it will take forever and be a pain in the behind, but its only 5 guys and should look amazing when done, if i dont botch it. i will have to use tweezers to pick up each leaf, then use toothpick/paperclip to apply glue, and then place it on the model.

Be sure to make a tutorial, please? I've been wanting to make a camo net in Malifaux scale for awhile.

when you put your death marshal together, i would strongly suggest you remove all flash lines first, then do a dry fitting with no glue. once happy with it, glue it together but be careful to not get any glue of the 3 pegs that hold the coffin. you will need to press fit teh coffin in place to hold the other piece in correct position as the glue dries, but life will be much easier if you can pop the unglued coffin off later to paint it sepperate. i painted the head sepperate and glued it on after as well.

I will make a point of photographing each step for a nice writeup when i do the scouts. just dont expect things to happen too fast.

when you put your death marshal together...<insert advice and fear here>..

Eeep! Haha, one of my friends that has been into miniatures since forever asked if they could put together and paint one of my puppet crew. Me thinks they will be getting Death Marshal hahaha. Thankyou very much! Will remember to keep him a bit more separate for painting.I've made this mistake in the past....doesn't end well.

If you are looking for ideas with Marcus I found this thread handy. http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?45485-M2E-Marcus

Oh thanks! That thread is awesome!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14864[/ATTACH]

This came in the post today. The minis are fantastic, I've been a big fan of Wyrd plastics from the beginning but these are even better.

Jealous~!

post-13642-13911930475913_thumb.jpg

Got my Hoarcat Pride and Jackalope in the mail. Ehehehe. They are adorable.

And my 'teaching me about all things miniature' friend who is also teaching me to paint, gave me two boxes of older/ex paints that they have either replaced or don't use often so that I have more than my 10-15 to learn at home. Yaaaay. Can't wait to paint something!

4_zpscfa785a4.jpg

post-13642-13911930475723_thumb.jpg