Iron Zombies M2 discussion

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and so I realize the last two years of my life were meaningless.

I look forward to reading about the hi-Jinks of Larry Hotter as he boards the Malifaux express from platform 9 and a bit for his school trip in upcoming Chronicles.

That is unless this is now going to be the 8th Faction...

I think the most important thing about pursuing 1.5 after 2e is released it talking to Wyrd.

Not just for legal reasons, but just to show a modicum of respect to thosewho designed and own the whole damn thing.

I would hope that there could be a way to communicate with Wyrd and find a favorable position that allows 1.5 use somehow without requiring the services of a Guild Lawyer.

Funny how much expectation clouds your perspective. I had never heard of this expansion till reading this thread and now I'm super excited to check it out!

The models look great. The rules for ME2 seem a bit lackluster but at the very least the models can be subbed in to replace some of the sculpts from the core range that I don't like. Will be interesting to check out the scenario may be a good option for intro games.

I live in Australia any chance this set will be released here?

Edited by Valcurdra

Whose idea of a joke was it to tack on an additional SS to the cost of these models?

My joke aside, for their cost they just seem quite lackluster. Honestly I probably won't even bother with the box set barring some gorgeous models I cna proxy with other things or fantastic synergy with Molly / other Horrors.

Also while story encounters can be fun & cool I bought into malifaux as a tabletop minis game. If I want to run story encounters as one offs I'll go play DND minis. Hopefully this isn't the direction we're going to see.

Edited by Dorian

I don't know, the Enforcer with Slither (9"move and then 1attack), pretty hardy, and the ability to take an upgrade seems pretty useful. And the model is very nice. The Hencheman with Flight is also pretty nice. I like that they gave them different Terror effects too, so you can tailor it a bit to your opponent.

The story encounters and the solo encounter are kinda meh though....

Played the School of Hard Knocks scenario yesterday, and it was great fun.

We both enjoyed the different challenge that it brought to the game, and ways to make the best use out of the zombies. I still wish there was more difference in the rules between the 4 zombies, but I'm happy with the purchase of the set. I would question a few of the plastic kit choices, The Ankle join for the student of steel is askign for trouble.

I'm trying to get a battle report written up.

I've got to fully read through the book, and possibly actually play with the zombies in a crew to decide on their use, but I'm happy with my purchase, and approve of the concept. Can't wait for the next one

After comparing the students of Sinew and Steel to the Punk Zombie (since people have already made that comparison) they do seem to be roughly equivalent in cost as long as the students have the models they want to play against on the table, the student of Sinew is an obvious choice against Resserectionists, but the student of Steel suffers because there is no faction that's 90%-ish constructs, so including him is more of a gamble.

I agree with Fetid, Viscera is only one worth considering, and even at that, IMO, it loses to Sybelle at the same cost and Hanged for a point more.

Valedictorian is not even close at 10 points.

And thats only out of this wave 1... Viscera is going to stay the same, as are the other students, and more models are going to come out and make these even more irrelevant.

:(

Its a shame because I really felt like the biggest strength so far of M2E was "leaving no model behind" and here, with the first OFFICIAL production releases, I feel like we already have stragglers.

The student of Steel and Sinew are pretty much lame ducks to me, rare rare summon with Nico is the only use I can give them. The student of Viscera may not be stellar at hitting, but it is surprisingly mobile so just for that I can see it being an interesting piece.

As for the validectorian... really expensive for what you get, though if you don't mind eating stones like if they were candy, you could give it the no heal aura and go for broke to try and tag the enemy master a couple of times with the ++ trigger to try and maximize direct damage all that's possible, but the problem will be delivering the Validectorian.

I just got the box in the mail. First I love the new M2e cards. I didn't get to do any beta testing so seeing the new cards in person for the first time was cool. Although I am a bit confused by flurry when it says you can make 3 attacks that cost 1 ap each. I also don't know what a M1 attack means (melee 1 inch?).

I was impressed with the models themselves. Each is unique in its own right and look very creepy. I especially like the detail on the wings of the valedictorian that looks like faces sewn together.

As for the stats they seem pretty standard and each could be useful depending on your strats and schemes. To me it seems they would be good for holding a point on the map or getting some objectives. Heck they still aren't as underpowered/over cost as say the ice golem or the crooligans from 1.5.

I have been seeing the comparison to the punk zombie as far as cost goes but since I didn't do anything in the beta I don't know what the punk zombies stats are like in 2.0. What I can say though is these models seem pretty resilient. I can't think of any other models in the Ressur faction that have armor and HTW1. Also 8wds is pretty big when some masters have only 10. I mean I know from 1.5 the PZ only had 6. I've seen him go down in one hit before. All in all I'm happy there are more Horrors out and I love the models to add to my home faction.

I just got the box in the mail. First I love the new M2e cards. I didn't get to do any beta testing so seeing the new cards in person for the first time was cool. Although I am a bit confused by flurry when it says you can make 3 attacks that cost 1 ap each. I also don't know what a M1 attack means (melee 1 inch?).

It's capital M lower case L, for Melee. Plenty of people expressed concern about Ml and Sh in the Beta, especially Ml, as the lower case L makes it harder to read.

• 2 weeks later...