Iron Zombies M2 discussion

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thematically they go really well with Molly and I suppose I'll take them to be included with her crew since she's the only Resser I'm going to play with. I haven't even looked at their stats, I've just seen the minis and that this is an extra scenario box and I love them for their fluff.

As a bonus use for them, I can use some of these for extra SPAs if I'll ever need more than 8 (supposedly if there will be 4 new plastic ones when M2E Leve is finished).

I'll go check the cards now :Smug_Puppet1: (well this was a useful post)

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Hope they think about bringing out a Carver model in a story pack. These seem to be a great way to expand the range and breathe more life into some mentioned characters.

D.

this, exactly this!

Edited by Linus Mcmold
because of why not

Why are non-playtested M2E models being released? An why are horrors being released before the Horror Master and Crew? when the Horrors go to get playtested there will be four that are static. How much sense does that make?

You do realize that the people signed up on the forums or part of the beta are not the ONLY playtesters...right? lol...

Model wise, I love them. Been waiting months for these guys since I finished all the Ressers! :) (I've even been painting Outcasts to keep me sane!)

Rules wise, at first glance looked a bit meh. Points seemed high then I remembered it's M2E... duh! :)

Second glance at rules, notice flurry, armour, H2W. Not great damage spread but about the same as Bete I think! Plus one's an Enforcer and another Henchman which means upgrades! :) Not to mention the ss use for the Henchy and they seem fairly mobile.

So not too bad imo. Looking forward to painting them up and giving the story a go! :)

Pretty sure Eric Said the Molly story encounter would be there....oh he did

Gamers lounge episode 54 19min:30 "at least one maybe two, will be there"!

Apologies, I stand corrected.

Very strange indeed, given what we know now, to go back and listen to that discussion.

@EmperorsChump Agreed. And the Viscera has slither(2) to ignore terrain, move up to 9" and make a Ml strike. That means ignore LOS for moving or charging purposes and get an extra attack. yes please. Not to mention Terrifying Living 12. And is an enforcer.

D.

Apologies, I stand corrected.

Very strange indeed, given what we know now, to go back and listen to that discussion.

;) NP

I remember it so well because for me this was the biggest thing Malifaux related Ive ever really wanted.....hence my earlier posts ;)

For me that section of the interview overshadowed every other part of it, including the whole new faction (Ten Thunders) and having most of the models ready.

The sculpts look neat.

The model rules are poop. Much better options for the points for every single one of them.

No M1E rules for them is enormously disappointing.

Maybe this is an opportunity for the Malifaux Classic folks to fill in the gap and make M1E cards for them, since there is nothing they'd be "copying".

The sculpts are rather nice. Valedictorian is especially nice doing something rather innovative with the concept. Students of Steel and Viscera are also nice from what I can see. Not all that fond of the final one, but it's not horrid.

The rules however are very uninspiring and non-competitive, which is a huge bummer. I was really looking forward to these, too.

The sculpts look neat.

The model rules are poop. Much better options for the points for every single one of them.

No M1E rules for them is enormously disappointing.

Maybe this is an opportunity for the Malifaux Classic folks to fill in the gap and make M1E cards for them, since there is nothing they'd be "copying".

That was part of the purpose of that community (as I understood it) and possibly the part that might cause legal issues, so I would suggest holding off on publishing V1 rules for the Students on the Internet. By all means make up your own rules and play them with your friends, but I wouldn't make them publically available. Maybe let Gencon pass and give Wyrd a chance to breath, recover and think about what they will and won't allow.

Just be aware that in that time you'll have probably done much less playtesting on your own V1 version than Wyrd have done on the V2 version of the Students.

On the set itself.

Looks nice figures. I've glanced through the scenarios and they look interestign to play. I'm a little disapointed at the lack of V1 rules, and would have hoped for a little more variety in the rules for the 4 of them, but I'm still planning on getting a copy.

The idea is one I strongly like, and I would very much want to see more like this, even if this one isn't relevant to a faction I play. I do like the solo rules (although haven't played them yet), and find it an interestind way to test your own crews and combinations.

On the set itself.

Looks nice figures. I've glanced through the scenarios and they look interestign to play. I'm a little disapointed at the lack of V1 rules, and would have hoped for a little more variety in the rules for the 4 of them, but I'm still planning on getting a copy.

The idea is one I strongly like, and I would very much want to see more like this, even if this one isn't relevant to a faction I play. I do like the solo rules (although haven't played them yet), and find it an interestind way to test your own crews and combinations.

Are the cards like the original fate decks or like the retro decks? I am dying to know what they are made from.

I got it on Sat but left it at work! . . . I'll get them on Tues to confirm but I am sure that the cards are card. Similar to PP quality. Not convinced that they are "wipe clean". I'll beusing card sleeves anyways.

I'll confirm on Tues! (Unless someone more useful does that is! :) )

Thanks! I'll continue to listen for confirmation, but it sounds like you have the answer I was looking for.

Since these are the first M2E cards released to the public, does anyone who has seen them have a review? Are they cardboard or plastic?

They're thick card, normal playing card size. Very similar to an Illuminati CCG card if you've ever held one (yeah, I'm old). Not plastic, And I wouldn't recommend writing on them, although maybe a grease pencil would work okay.

They're thick card, normal playing card size. Very similar to an Illuminati CCG card if you've ever held one (yeah, I'm old). Not plastic, And I wouldn't recommend writing on them, although maybe a grease pencil would work okay.

are they similar to the puppet wars: unstitched cards? those work well with a dry erase marker even though they are not plastic.

That was part of the purpose of that community (as I understood it) and possibly the part that might cause legal issues, so I would suggest holding off on publishing V1 rules for the Students on the Internet.

I think the opposite might be true. While publishing anything Wyrd wrote for free on the internet is clearly a copyright violation, making up your own house-rules for a miniature that doesn't have 1.5 rules is at the very least a gray area, and possibly within the bounds of "fair use".

However, I am not a lawyer, and anyone who wants to forge a community around the idea of doing just that should talk to one.

Though not a spokesman for the Malifaux Classic community in any form I would wager it is not very likely they will draft up "unofficial" rules for anything until things have settled down a bit (too much emotion from all parties involved currently).

Perhaps with the benefit of time things will be re-addressed and the project could continue.

I fully support the idea that whoever tries this Malifaux Classic thing talk to a lawyer. Wait for m2e's release hubbub to chill, and talk to Wyrd some more. Even making new rules in the world, for the character could (likely would) be considered a derivative work and so, just as dangerous add publishing previously printed materials. This is the reason nobody can publish new Harry Potter books without permission.