Iron Zombies M2 discussion

Why are non-playtested M2E models being released? An why are horrors being released before the Horror Master and Crew? when the Horrors go to get playtested there will be four that are static. How much sense does that make?

Not to put too fine a point on it, but there was no way Wyrd was ever going to let us open-playtest all of the new models they'll ever release. They only offered us the chance to playtest the one's being converted between editions. As far as keywords and crews, there are several models that were in the beta with the Tormented keyword. I still have no idea what it was for.

The only real advantage I see to the Iron Zombies is the combination of Armor and HtW. They should be pretty resilient to anything except Levi.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are non-playtested M2E models being released? An why are horrors being released before the Horror Master and Crew? when the Horrors go to get playtested there will be four that are static. How much sense does that make?

Non-OPEN-playtested. There was never any promise that every new model would be thrown into Open Beta. Only the updates for existing models. You should not assume that means they were never playtested.

I'm gonna have to ask if anybody can point me to where both card versions were actually promised?

Suggested as a possibility in a sense of "we would like this to happen"?.... yes.

Promised to happen?.... not how I remember it.

Maybe story encounters suppose to be released for last years gencon? Why would anyone think any different? Plus it was available and up in retailers for prerelease before any mention of m2e!

I think story encounters were first mentioned in the run up to GenCon 2012 (in a podcast interview Eric gave), but no timescales were given other than that they were being worked on. I'm almost certain they were never at any point described as going to be available, right up until when Transmortis sneaked it's way onto the scene.

At that point (well, shortly afterwards), the recurring question became "will Transmortis contain M2E stat cards" and the response was "we hope so".

I don't know if you're getting mixed up with the "Book 4: Special Forces" release that we were all expecting last year, but got Ten Thunders instead? Wyrd decided on a different direction and took us all by surprise. Disappointing for people playing mainly Henchman... Possibly. But what we got wasn't disappointing at all.

Is there anything stopping people using these models in M1E regardless? Their abilities all translate reasonably well?

I think story encounters were first mentioned in the run up to GenCon 2012 (in a podcast interview Eric gave), but no timescales were given other than that they were being worked on. I'm almost certain they were never at any point described as going to be available, right up until when Transmortis sneaked it's way onto the scene.

Pretty sure Eric Said the Molly story encounter would be there....oh he did

Gamers lounge episode 54 19min:30 "at least one maybe two, will be there"!

Yeah I know plans change, but surely its not unreadable for people to expect 1.5 cards based on the fact these where supposedly going to be at last years Gencon and recent podcast interviews have said both card types would be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no doubt going to get this pack and play them in M2E, but I'm still very very disappointed based on all the previous info :(

Unless its written down on an official Wyrd announcement it obviously is unlikely to be true. You can't really take interviews with the game designers as solid truth. By the way does anyone find it strange that online stores have this for sale before it even hit the Wyrd store? I don't even think there has been an official statement on its release yet either. I'm guessing its cause they are busy working on gencon releases.

Well, we've got our first story encounters now. Would like to play them. We'll see for the future if there will be some gremlin like ones as well.

All by all I think this will be a good value for money. Nice figs, some solo-play, statlines that are workable and the storyencounter. Maybe this will be adapted at a tourney somewhere. We'll see :)

Unless its written down on an official Wyrd announcement it obviously is unlikely to be true. You can't really take interviews with the game designers as solid truth. By the way does anyone find it strange that online stores have this for sale before it even hit the Wyrd store? I don't even think there has been an official statement on its release yet either. I'm guessing its cause they are busy working on gencon releases.

They like to give stores some margin before putting in their online store. Also, announcements on new releases get really sloppy near gencon, it's a shame, but sort of expected now.

There's no reason you could't use the iron zombies with Molly for 1.5, you just need to make a few extrapolations to get the m2e cards to function for 1.5 rules. Obviously this would not be legal for organized play, but I personally don't do much of that so take this as you will. First the characteristics, ignore enforcer and henchmen on the two relevant iron zombies and consider them minions. Next convert the ml on their attack action to cb, apply triggers. Third, apply the necessary rules rollbacks to the abilities on the front of the cards. The terrifying abilities just become terrifying->12 and treat hard to wound and armor as they were in 1.5. All other actions should work just as they would have in 1.5. Finally comes the trickiest part, SS cost. All 4 iron zombies seem a little over costed for 1.5, maybe they're not, some play testing would be needed. Or you can work out a lower ss cost based on the assumption that m2e will be played competitively at 50 SS. Let's assume that 50 SS in m2e is equivalent to 35 SS in 1.5. That means models would be roughly 43% cheaper in 1.5. Lets round everything up to the nearest whole number Meaning the 7ss minions would be 5, the 8 would be 6 and the 10 would be 7. This is how I would handle it for friendly or story games. The encounters in the booklet should be fully functional for 1.5 however as the iron zombies do not actually flip.

Edited by dudkahuna

I like them, didnt at first, maybe imthe odd one out. Id use 2 together valedictorian + whatever is best for what im facing, extra card mill for the opponent on the terrifying checks + dmg. Wouldnt hire both, id just summon the extra ones in with nico. Unless im missing something stopping me doing that. Seem like solid, reliable minions. 8 wd, armour 1 and moderate dmg output.