Pandora 2.0 Help?

Helm

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wouldn't take Pandora with Candy at anything less than 50ss.

She gets stronger the fewer SS the game is.

Remember, enemies get punished severely for either going first or last while in 3" of her. In smaller games of 5-6 models, she can team up with Pandora to paralyse enemies using Incite and then wander over to other models late in the turn to potentially damage them. It can be really devastating.

If I'm lucky, it might actually paralyse something too.

I can count the number of models I've paralyzed with it on one hand, but it's still such a good upgrade. The deterrence effect alone is pretty decent, and wasting opponents cards is just pure gold. Same with Fears Given Form. It is mostly a card burn, but a very effective one.

Personally I think I'd take Lilitu over a Beckoner in a Pandora crew if I wasn't bringing any other Darkened models, at least in any game that required my opponent to interact. 4" engagement range is very good for stopping pesky things like that.

As for Candy, I don't like using her. She is too much like a worse version of Pandora to me, and she, IMO, exemplify the unfun aspect of some of the abilities where you make your opponent do stuff to himself and there are no way he can avoid it.

• 4 weeks later...

i have been taking pandora a bit lately and have yet to lose. faced misaki, lynch, lylith, victorias, rasputina, seamus and mcmourning.

my usual setup is

pandora, candy, kade, teddy and 3 sorrows. pandora gets fears given forms and the box opens. candy gets fears given forms and depression.

between the cards to cheat terror checks and FGF there tend to be few left to cheat up opposed duels. kade just mauls things if given the chance as does teddy, as always. sorrows seem slow but actually get around the board very fast. you can use mood swing and melancholy to ensure targets around candy suffer from sweets and sours. after a few cheats from the opponent for terrifying and FGF, i will try to doldrums good targets with the sorrows.

So, is the poltergeist even useful with her? I don't see many people putting him in her list. Puke worm too?

Just curious.

The Poltergeist is good if it stays with Pandora giving negative flips against her horror duels when you take "The Box Opens." Other than that I'm not super impressed with the final product. Poltergeist is still a bit pricey for the abilities, but good in certain situations.

What models - minions in particular - are people finding useful with Pandora? It seems like she has a couple great choices when it comes to enforcers and henchmen, but her minion options other than Sorrows I'm not so sure about. Or are Pandora list just most effective with fewer but better enforcers/henchmen with the right upgrades?

What models - minions in particular - are people finding useful with Pandora? It seems like she has a couple great choices when it comes to enforcers and henchmen, but her minion options other than Sorrows I'm not so sure about. Or are Pandora list just most effective with fewer but better enforcers/henchmen with the right upgrades?

My guess, from my limited play (1 game and that was with Lynch ;-)), is that Tater Tots go great with just about any neverborn faction if used purely as a utility piece. 4 stones for guys who can sprint and drop markers like little freaky demon monkeys..... sign me up.

I have been reading about the game quite a bit, saw what they could do on the table (Lady J saw it to and smashed them right when she saw how fast they can move) and am sold.

They might not fit in every list, but if you are doing the normal pick your crew-after-scenario, then you might find good space for them.

I am still waiting on my Pandora crew pack and likely will be picking up the lilith one in the next month or so to get those little taters in some of my crews :-D

You also will want something to support you filtering for masks though, and that might be a bad thing because they might compete a bit for some of the mask-based triggers that seem prevalent in Pandora's usual suspects.

that guessing zero article was really good! I havnt had a chance to get a game in with pandora yet.. ( although my new pandora crew came in wednesday...damn they are gorgeous! good job over there wyrd!!!!) but i have already found some very useful insights here in this thread, so thank you to all commenting here with such!

--Woe

I think I'd look at it more as I haven't found anything that's bad with her. I usually bring a sorrow or two(but I usually bring a sorrow in pretty much any Neverborn crew), but I've also used Terror Tots, Young Nephilims, Silurids, Waldgeists, Insidious Madness and Beckoners, and all have performed well with her. It's nice if you have a few things that augments Pandora's gameplay, either by negatively effect Wp or causing Wp tests, but it's much more about what the minion will do for your gameplay as a whole. Different strategies and schemes, adversaries, tables, playstyle, etc. will require different things and she is an accommodating lady, she can fit them all into her crew and make it work.