Pandora 2.0 Help?

Helm

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Using the name of a designer still, IMO, puts it on the category of someone said some said. If he were to say it in a public manner, on the forum or at a q&a session at a con or something then it gains more weight but until its in the FAQ its still not the rules. Unless of course the rules already say so, and I can't think of anything in the rules that would indicate that, but I could be forgetting something.

I agree, I'm not claiming that it is gospel, and as I said, I disagree with that interpretation. However, as a developer's name was mentioned in conjunction with this interpretation, and the fact that no developer has yet contradicted it, (not that I expect them to jump into a forum and do so every time someone says that they said something) I would caution you to keep in mind, that this *might* indeed be how it works. I would expect that unless Justin pops in and adds his .02 now, we won't actually get an answer until they complete an official FAQ. Until then I'll be interpreting it that it doesn't stack into one source, but will be trying to figure out what to do if it does.

I'd actually take it the other way. Since no developer have steppes in an confirmed it, it decides firmly in the realms of unconfirmed rumours. Especially since this doesn't seem to arise from a genuine rules ambiguity, but just the statement that someone heard something. Equally I don't expect it to be in the FAQ because it just wouldn't be a frequently asked question.

Reason to think it might possibly stack into one damage source: What's the point of Voices if it doesn't?

Does the example quoted on page 53 of the M2E rulebook cover this?

It goes on to say that all effects which are not conditions and other than a list of which Misery does not fall into, ALWAYS stack unless they say otherwise.

The example given is Canine Remains and their 1" aura handing out -2df if you are within 1" of two of them.

I'm not assuming myself to have any special incite (pun intended) into this but that certainly cleared it up to me.

Reason to think it might possibly stack into one damage source: What's the point of Voices if it doesn't?

Because in the beta Joss or maybe it was Ramos had an aura upgrade that let armor reduce damage to zero making Pandora/Sorrow spam totally useless (not like it would work anyway). I think this upgrade was removed in the current release so Voices is pretty much useless right now. We could see something in wave 2 where it becomes relevant again.

On a side note I would be shocked if Wyrd claimed both Misery auras stacked into a 2 point aura, they're both totally different sources. I wonder if the guy throwing around Justin's name caught the tail end of a conversation and took it as gospel.

At 1 ss the paralyze triggers seems like it would be enough to justify buying it. That it stops people from preventing damage seems like a bonus. In fact, if armour could prevent misery damage (the crews main source of damage?) it seems like it should be worth more than just 1ss.

In that case I'd say that's exactly why it should only cost 1 ss. No crew should have that big of a handicap even before a single model is placed.

In other news what do people think of the finalized Poltergeist? He went down a stone in cost, gained a wound, lost a point of defence, and had +5 added to the TN of Paranormal activity. Worth it now?

I used him at the end of the beta. His -ve flips on Wp aura is reason enough to use him. Treat him as a "super-sorrow" and get him near a target you wish to disable, and the sorrows will be able to paralyse with impunity.

His speed also makes him a good sorrow waypoint.

Primordial is a great totem though, and it is really a scheme-dependent choice for me between the two.

Lol! Might actually work, but would suggest using the poltergeist or doppleganger in there so that sorrows have initial waypoints to jump to. Getting them started, or just. Using pandora would cluster them up too much. Having a second point, and one that can take the depression upgrade, seems like a very good addition.

Pandora

Doppleganger

6-7 sorrows

Potentially nasty.

I really like the alternative model, which is good because I like Pandora but hate the model that comes in her box.

As to Pandora herself I'm trying to figure out the real trick to her. I played against a McMourning crew yesterday, and it was just a nasty drag out fight. I lost by 2 VP (I should have won, but forgot to deliver my message even though I set up for it, DOH!) but I lost Pandora in the fight because her range kind of forces her to get right into the thick of it. To take full advantage of her abilities she has to be at the eye of the storm, which while it does make for a nasty series of events, her and 2 sorrows were tearing stuff up by making it attack itself, then going "by the way you lost a Wp duel take damage" but she draws a lot of fire, and seems to have less health than many other masters. Candy is able to help a little with the goody basket, but a bit of focus fire and Pandora drops, which isn't cool since she's also the catalyst for all those sorrows.

Hmm, I've found her to be very survivable. She does needs to get close but you can layer multiple tests on people (Fears Given Form and terrifying) and with a defence of 7 (WP) and her push trigger if she successfully defend she can be hard to pin down. And if you still have issues look at the Nexus of Power upgrade as well. I've found it to be more of a problem with people killing the crew than Pandora. In fact I'll often throw her at parts of the enemy crew to force them to try and deal with her while the minions score points.