Gremlins against Mei Feng

scottb

It would probably depend heavily on whether you were playing Som'er or Ophelia.

The time-honored tradition of ignoring your enemy and going for the objective may or may not work here. She does tend to jump around a lot.

If I had to kill her, I would try to so something with damage with no resist with Som'er (Mosquitos or stuffed of both). For Ophelia, I would probably try to start a companion chain and spray slop on her and pew pew her to death.

As for dealing with her crew, it can be really variable. Probably a construct or two in there however!

Might work well to spam bayou gremlins so that you have vastly superior activations and a ton of firepower. Sure she'll paste them with each attack but she'll do that to most gremlins anyway. Just make sure to spread them out so she can't bounce from one to the next with attacks. You can use tem to get around steam clouds by shooting a gremlin next to th cloud and getting blasts which you use to hit the hidden model.

Bayou Gremlins are an amazing value for the cost.

I think spreading out your gremlins to kill stuff it usually bad.

The bayou gremlin is a great value. It is also a lot better value if you can heal it, summon more off it, draw cards when it dies, negate Woops, or let it shoot into melee willy-nilly. Or heck, do all of those things at once.

I think spreading out your gremlins to kill stuff it usually bad.

In most cases I'd tend to agree, but when dealing with someone who can whirlwind, blast, or otherwise hit multiple targets in a small area (as mei feng most definitely can) spreading out is necessary.

In most cases I'd tend to agree, but when dealing with someone who can whirlwind, blast, or otherwise hit multiple targets in a small area (as mei feng most definitely can) spreading out is necessary.

Depends on the models that are close, Stuffed Piglets for example can make her pay for killing them.

Fair enough, but we were specifically discussing bayou gremlins.

Mei Feng poses some interesting issues for Gremlin's in general (what with the nasty combination of the obscuring effect, high Defense, insane mobility, attack potential and of course the Control Card bene's).

Honestly about the only things that have seemed to consistently work against her (at least from what I've seen myself) are the Alpha Stank and the Bacon Bombing Assassination Run. The Pigapult might work if set up right (or in combination with Stuffed Piglets).

Definitely agree though that generally you want to hide from her and avoid allowing her into the midst's of any large grouping.

From last night's game, it clearly depends on the strategies and schemes, as all games do. I got Recon and he got the one that required him to prevent my master being in his half/deployment zone. I took an Ophelia crew with Pigapult. My schemes were bodyguard and breakthrough. He took Assassinate and Kill Protege. I have Ophelia, Rami, Pere, Pigapult, 3 Young Lacroix and 8 Bayous.

Ophelia ended up in melee with Mei Feng in the second last turn but managed to survive. Down to three wounds she uses Dumb and Lucky twice to take Mei Feng out of the game and then is launched to the other side of the game. At that point he conceded the game.

It also helped that first turn I launched Pere (which he survived). He moved up into melee range with some Rail Workers (? - the ones that enable Mei Feng to jump about). Also launched a Young Lacroix, who took Pere out to set him off. That took out a model and seriously hurt two more. Having Ophelia start, then companion Pere and Young Lacroix, and Family Tree the Pigapult meant I could do that combo before he could move.

The other key was what someone already mentioned - taking out anything that allows Mei Feng to jump about. That slowed her down at the start, but still - by turn three she got in my midst and took out a number of Bayou. I couldn't placed people better probably, but a 2 inch push followed by 1 inch melee meant I would have needed to be really spread out.

Not sure I would consistently win, but that's a few things I learned last night.

It also helped that first turn I launched Pere (which he survived). He moved up into melee range with some Rail Workers (? - the ones that enable Mei Feng to jump about). Also launched a Young Lacroix, who took Pere out to set him off. That took out a model and seriously hurt two more. Having Ophelia start, then companion Pere and Young Lacroix, and Family Tree the Pigapult meant I could do that combo before he could move.

As long as you win initiative it is a powerful combo.

The other key was what someone already mentioned - taking out anything that allows Mei Feng to jump about. That slowed her down at the start, but still - by turn three she got in my midst and took out a number of Bayou. I couldn't placed people better probably, but a 2 inch push followed by 1 inch melee meant I would have needed to be really spread out.

It is a bit more difficult to spread out with the Ophelia deathstar than a Kin heavy or Som'er crew. Mei Feng is definitely mobile and fast but I think Avatar Viktoria has her beat.

Not sure I would consistently win, but that's a few things I learned last night.

It is pretty consistent as it is very difficult to counter even when you know its coming.

Then again, if you really wanted consistency, would you be playing gremlins in the first place?

The more I have played gremlin's the more I have found them to be consistent despite some of their pacularities.