1st Game in our local campaign McCabe Vs The Vics

Sniddy

Ours was the 2nd game, we'd just seen Kaeris 'beat' Raspy but loose over half her force...it definatly coloured our game. Using the new campaign rules from the chronicals

This was a 'fresh out of the box' game for me McCabe's 1st outing

I had

McCabe

Archie

Wastral

Pathfinder

Rifleman

Took paired sabre and bridel leaving me 6 cach

He had

Vics

2x Ronin

1x Convict

1x Orian

Corner deployment, with turf war shared

I took stake claim and breakthrough, he too eye for an eye...and I think it was thwart but never got reveled

I deployed McCabe down one flank, with archie and the wastral flanking, the rifleman off on his own, nearer the corner of the corner

He deployed more clustered in the corner

The pathfinder then deployed by my stake claim and dropped the traps down

Turn 1 I burnt 3 activations on the above 3, having that abililty turn 1 and 2 to force the other player to make activations first great

He moved the ronin and orian towards the centre the gun vic down one flank, I moved McCabe up 5.5 dragged the wastral and Archie 4" up the bombed him off 8" more (terrain was against me here as McCabe needed to get up the whole flank to pop out the top - or go solo along the bottom edge and swing up and round the crater in the middle....exposed...stupid large base)

The sword vic moved in towards the centre

The wastal double secret passages up (with the metal blade)

Archie run up... the rifle man took his position where the whole middle of the table was his kill zone.

Turn 2 - again I burnt 3 activations

Ronins and orions clustered in the centre....

McCabe run in, shot the Orion tried to stone to get cheatable dmg flip- failed, slowed it and a Ronin, buggered off

convict moved to menace McCabe/wastral

Wastral moved up, sword vic moved in, gun vic moved down to rifleman

Archie opens fire on a ronin as does rifleman...poor flips leave the non slow one on hard to kill

Turn 3

I think I opened with Archie focus shotting the Ronin, flipped the black for injury so he'll be fine

The gunvic attacked the rifleman, nearly one hitting it....

I moved McCabe up, McCabe equalled the convict and flipped the red....which was nice. no one else in blast, but para is always nice

I think he then...buggered off again

Orian lured wastral....wastral shot at the convict

Rifleman dinged 3 wounds off gun vic

traps moved up, other ronin headed past centre towards Archie

Sword vic retreated....

Turn 4

Wastral reloaded twice at the convict blapping him, no injury but could have cheated

Gun vic minced rifleman, and flipped an injury

Archie went for gun vic, failed...

Traps moved up to protect wastral

McCabe charged ronin...dinged a little

Turn 5

Vics called it

So 8 - 2 1 artifact each held at that stage

He got 5 script

I got 6

I flipped...a 12 tomes for my injury

If I can flip an 8 or higher he gets fast.....I flip a 6

He gets TWO injuries....both thankfully the same, so just minus 2 def

I decide to buy a 2nd wastral...and my upgrade for 1 was field training or something similar, the wastral can now not be slowed or paraylised handy for reload twice or net gun targeting

1st thoughs on crew

McCabe - Dudes on a horse...look at his awesomeness, fast, speeds up the army, the net gun dragged the vics into the mud and held the game down - barely touched what he could do but likeing so far

Wastral - nippy, decent combat, not resiliant....that may factor a lot in the campaign and earth elixer and feather are both things I must consider

Rifleman....he didn't shine solo, the dmg is ok the range is great but low cb on the gun, I'll likely buy him a partner next 5 script I get to see them in pairs but next game is raspy and a def 2 mod is asking to die

Archie - Again he didn't shine, but I can see many many great uses, and I think terrain was against him and targets were not ideal - he'll see better games

Pathfinder - made of win, even if he did stand there all game...he made my objective a no go zone

Traps - They are free activations early and late game they mess with peoples minds - getting 2 free with the pathfinder is fantastic

So yeh next game - Raspy, who has a slow silent one, movement 2 herself and a biomechanical orian (well she did get blown apart by an exploding Willie her injury flip made sense)