PW and M2E

Seems this is the year of new editions ;)

It's been said before, but it seems Malifaux 2nd Edition might be learning a bit from PW, particularly in regards to Upgrades. I've always felt that the slight changes PW made to the core mechanics in Malifaux were an improvement (though may not translate back into Malifaux). I like shuffling the deck only when it runs out, and Aces are more interesting too.

However, I also can't help but think how M2E could pave the way for the future of PW too. I wonder if the Upgrade mechanic will develop to the point where you can build unique puppets before they step out of the Toybox. It would be nice to be able to buy an Upgrade Deck.

PW and Malifaux may be separate games, but I wonder if we'll see any connection between the two in the future. Just so long as PW goes beyond the confines of a Malifaux boardgame. What with M2E and Through the Breach coming this year, I hope Wyrd doesn't forget about Puppet Wars.

We won't - we're just waiting for it to get off the darn boat so we can get it into the stores. :)

I know my daughter is really excited about this, I hear about it constantly....

"Daddy, when will my new plastic PW set get here???"

We won't - we're just waiting for it to get off the darn boat so we can get it into the stores. :)

Why I am I imagining Jurassic Park: The Lost World now. The boat draws into the dock... but no one is on board and the hold where the puppet were kept is torn open. Then someone's dog gets eaten*

By the power of Greyskull, Wyrd, what horror have you unleashed?!

*to later become Zombie Chihuahua.