Holy poop, malifaux 2.0!

DeleteAccount

Have to say i am disappointed at the change to the cards, as they are i think they are fantastic, so easy to read, and have pictures so you know what model matches what card. If they make them the same as warmachine & horsed stat cards (standard card size?) They get to small, or it means they are going to dumb down the rules a lot, or give people less ability's, so i have to say that part has me a little worried.

But otherwise this is fantastic, i will just be waiting for the 31st to take a look at the current versions of the changes :)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say i am disappointed at the change to the cards, as they are i think they are fantastic, so easy to read, and have pictures so you know what model matches what card. If they make them the same as warmachine & horsed stat cards (standard card size?) They get to small, or it means they are going to dumb down the rules a lot, or give people less ability's, so i have to say that part has me a little worried.

But otherwise this is fantastic, i will just be waiting for the 31st to take a look at the current versions of the changes :)

Second on this. Warmahords and warhammer are both boring to me as models only have a few options each in game. I love how malifaux is so open ended with lots of abilities on each model. Normal size cards scream to me dumb down the game :(

Outcasts will have 5 including Tara need 2 more maybe Misaki becomes Dual Faction to bring em up to 6? Gremlins get 5 new masters! YES!!!!!

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

So...No Nekima update?

Maybe she becomes the 7th Master for Neverborn?

Second on this. Warmahords and warhammer are both boring to me as models only have a few options each in game. I love how malifaux is so open ended with lots of abilities on each model. Normal size cards scream to me dumb down the game :(

Ditto, i love how the cards are as they stand. also i'd like to see the cards done as the vershion 2 stat cards were done where you posted your old cards in and got replacements sent.

Listening to Through the Breach's interview with Justin (and later with Mack?) and I am really enjoying it. It sounds like it was supposed to be held until the public beta, especially as it sounds like they are reading from a rules document. Lots of references to specifics!

Lot's of information about what we will be seeing in V2.

Being new to Malifaux, I have to admit a large amount of trepidation to this announcement. Coming from Warhammer 40K, I'm used to every edition change being accompanied by most of the rules being changed for the sake of change (most likely to sell models).

In 40K, the game never gets better, just drastically changes. I really hope Wyrd doesn't take this route, and instead, works to make Malifaux a better game (even though it really doesn't need much). I'll be very disappointed if Malifaux changes drastically, because I love the game how it is right now.

From what I got, henchmen will mostly be a "small games thing" so their example of the Judge being a hechmen I doubt will mean he'll be beffed up and so on, will probably be pretty close to how he is only he may get use soulstones if he is the boss or something like that. I'd rather completely phase out our current concept of henchmen.

Listening to Through the Breach's interview with Justin (and later with Mack?) and I am really enjoying it. It sounds like it was supposed to be held until the public beta, especially as it sounds like they are reading from a rules document. Lots of references to specifics!

Lot's of information about what we will be seeing in V2.

Naw, we let them post it. Lots of specifics out there in other places too. :)

Edited by Justin

Im both very excited and a little nervous its going to be watered down. I love the amount of abilities each character has in the game and dont want anything to change all that much. I understand that Wyrd is a business and needs to evolve its game so the entry level is a bit more user friendly. The only thing I do know is that I have been on a crazy 10 Thunders spending spree since I got back from Adepticon and now my hand has been stayed with the thought of a entirely revamped game. I wont be buying stuff older than the newest sets waiting for plastic revamped versions of masters I have been thinking about getting.

From Link:

We have streamlined and cleaned up the stat cards

(with a new, easy to read layout, I might add) and moved some of the more complex abilities to upgrade

cards, which characters can purchase.

I'm hoping that these upgrade cards come with the models,(at least enough to bring them up to the level the model currently has) and that They are at least as cheap to purchase as cards currently are. (Also, that all cards are available in the online store, unlike 1.x)

I am really getting excited for this. A LITTLE annoyed that my new books are getting obsolete so soon... but for better rules, I can accept it.

Well, keep in mind, based on the newsletter the story is still going to be progressing...I'm hoping for a fluff compendium, but for those of us who own books 1-4 we might not need it.

So, from this post I'm seeing that models' stat cards will be relatively simple but the upgrade cards will be where the more complicated rules are. So your master might have a few upgrades that will lose you SS but let you keep the complicated abilities you've had in the past.

I think I'll be okay with this. Simplification is bad (in my opinion). But streamlining is great.

So, from this post I'm seeing that models' stat cards will be relatively simple but the upgrade cards will be where the more complicated rules are. So your master might have a few upgrades that will lose you SS but let you keep the complicated abilities you've had in the past.

I think I'll be okay with this. Simplification is bad (in my opinion). But streamlining is great.

Tons of info on the various podcasts too. Through the Breach, Tartan Skirmish Radio, and Malifools already posted theirs. More to come. :)

Tons of info on the various podcasts too. Through the Breach, Tartan Skirmish Radio, and Malifools already posted theirs. More to come. :)

And I can't wait to listen to those as soon as I get home from work! For now I'm throwing out my ideas based on my limited information and hoping better informed people will correct me!

EDIT: The art in the Raspy picture on BoLS as well as the Candy(?) picture from the email indicate that many of the current models will be drastically redesigned. I look forward to seeing plastic releases of old characters with brand spanking new models.

Edited by Sway