Big Ned's hobby thread

Big Ned

I've finished my metal gamin. I thought after a lot of consideration to go for a living bronze/copper look (like Talos from Jason and the argonauts). I've also used the same pallette as I used for the Rail Golem to give the crew some continuity.

20130626_214446_zps070bf56a.jpg

20130626_213828_zpsd66b6368.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my latest WIP

This time it's everyone favourite trouble teenager Rusty Alyce!

20130705_225521_zps7d3fc449.jpg

20130705_225529_zpse003229a.jpg

Like I said previously I'm taking inspiration in the colour scheme from Mako's puppet Alyce.

Her shirt is the same colour as her "mentor" Levi. i did this for a bit of cohesion in the crew as well as a bit of the backstory.

And, I don't know how well it comes across in the pics but the rusty arm looks brilliant IRL. I think I really nailed it.

Anyway, I've still got the skirt, the leather and the gun to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finished Rusty Alyce now.

I'd like to thank Mako for the colour scheme inspiration from his awesome puppet in Wyrd Chronicles, and Webmonkey for inspiration on the face. His steampunk fairy gave me a good idea on how to paint her face and accentuate the youth in her face.

This is also the first time I've tried plaid, it's not perfect but it'll serve for table top.

20130714_084101_zps16b08195.jpg

20130714_084109_zps6f99e3d7.jpg

I've finished Rusty Alyce now.

I'd like to thank Mako for the colour scheme inspiration from his awesome puppet in Wyrd Chronicles, and Webmonkey for inspiration on the face. His steampunk fairy gave me a good idea on how to paint her face and accentuate the youth in her face.

This is also the first time I've tried plaid, it's not perfect but it'll serve for table top.

It's a decent plaid for tabletop. I like the tutorial from the Trollbloods for Hordes, not that I've put it into practice quite yet. I free-handed some kilted skeletal warrior from Reaper years ago. I was happy with it at the time, but I'm sure I could do better with it now.

Overall, great looking paint job. Keep up the good work.

Here's Mei Feng finished.

I'm really pleased with how she came out. Her arm looks a little patchy but that's the camera rather than the model.

I decided to do a tiny bit of black lining on the vest just to separate it from her skin a bit more, they were tending to blend.

20130801_224837_zpsa6bf399e.jpg

20130801_224845_zpsaf89bcea.jpg