• 1 50mm Objective Marker (torii)

ylcrew_zps73b374a7.jpg

And this is what's to come:

• Izamu the Armor
  • Toshiro the Daimyo
  • Yin the Penangalan
  • 3 Samurai Punk Zombies
  • Graveyard display base

I'll be doing something special with Izamu, he's going to be the centrepiece of the Crew. I'm working on him now and he is to be finished by the end of the month (hopefully even sooner so I can enter him to the Wyrd contest on Wamp).

Thanks everyone!

@Evilbleachman- well... they are japanese gravestones. The picture might be too small, you'll find bigger ones just below.

@moody628- like Jewomie said, it's the little one from Yan lo's base, emerging from the ground. I intend to give him a back banner later, the ragged one that comes rammed through Toshiro.

Some more pictures:

yan_zps4b1e4bc6.jpg

yanb_zpse6a0e19a.jpg

chiaki_zpsf6485bd2.jpg

chiakib_zps215340b5.jpg

porter_zpsee177bfd.jpg

porterb_zps5a7aae43.jpg

ashigaru_zpse56e17f4.jpg

ashigarub_zpsa78afbc6.jpg

torii_zps3e803008.jpg

toriib_zps4627dd5d.jpg

graves_zps5c8d9764.jpg

And this is my Izamu, currently just a pile of dusty old armour:

izamu_zps81daf5a0.jpg

@moody628- like Jewomie said, it's the little one from Yan lo's base, emerging from the ground. I intend to give him a back banner later, the ragged one that comes rammed through Toshiro.

Aha.... makes much more sense to me, now. Thanks for the clarification, and very lovely work on all counts.

Thanks everyone!

@DevotedTeddy- of course! If you come to Zagreb you will be able to see all this in person. :)

Guardian asked me how I had painted my torii, and since I'm better with pictures than with words I koncked together a simple tutorial:

These are the paints used:

fig0_zps7ab9eca7.jpg

You start with bare balsa:

fig1_zps82b506c8.jpg

It is then basecoated with Mephiston Red+ just a tiny amount of black in it:

fig2_zps33ff26a6.jpg

The areas where the red paint had peeled off are then painted on by hand, in a light grey colour (I always get my greys by mixing black and white). Such areas appear mostly, but not exclusively, on edges and portruded parts:

fig3_zps69c5250b.jpg

The next step is to wash the whole thing with Agrax Earthshade:

fig4_zps88a51904.jpg

When the wash dries, highlights are added. Lighter grey on the bare wood and pure Red on the red parts. Thin lines of Mephiston Red + a very little amount of white can also be pulled here and there. The places where two pieces of wood connect are lined in with black + a bit of red:

fig5_zps7933fb1e.jpg

Finally, pigments are applied as a wash (mixed with water or alcohol). Concentrate more on the places where you imagine dust is more difficult for the wind to blow away:

fig6_zps9891bd79.jpg