Illustrations of Pig and Gremlin Tactics

Omenbringer

Avatars of Indulgence on only two soulstones? Once Som'er gets his noble steed, I find him quite stone hungry. Flicking through the above post, I'd almost rather put the points into more stones.

Having said that, I'm quite curious about using the Whisperer and the Taxidermist together. Normally I've seen the later as something you want to build your list around.

Did the Bacon Bombing Assasination Run get posted up somewhere else? Or is it still to appear? Loved the earlier pics and keen to see the Bacon Bombing Assasination Run! Thanks for doing this!

Haven't finalized it just yet, work and life have been a bit more distracting than usual.

First I just like to give Omenbringer a big hearty thanks for this posts in this thread and on Pull my Finger!

I like to share some on my thoughts on the pig boomerang. I do it with one Mosquito instead of two and by that, in my experience (witch doesn’t say much, sins I only have about 15-20 games under my belt) you end up with a more cards in your control hand

Though I like a lot of what you are working toward there are a few things to be aware of.

It is very dangerous to only start with one Mosquito in play (even if planning to summon another one via Larva. They aren't difficult to kill despite a high Df stat and once a player has seen their potential they are a huge target (that can't come back). Be very aware of the Neverborn Faction in General, they have amazing mobility and hit very hard. It also means that you wont be able to launch the Pig Squadrons as effectively on turn 1 (Pigs can easily get outside of the 18" range of Soeey!, especially when Stampeding).

Another danger of your plan is that you are spending a lot of resources Killing/ Wounding your own models. Granted you can recieve some benefits from their loss however you are also introducing some substantial limitations that an opponent can easily exploit and Forced activations for your models. Slow really hurts the Som'er crew even though they can overcome it by going Reckless (its not like any of the staple models has a large amount of Wd's). Trading one of the Significant models for an Insignifcant one isn't a really great trade (even though the Piglets can gain Significant via the (All) action Root Around).

Avatars of Indulgence on only two soulstones? Once Som'er gets his noble steed, I find him quite stone hungry. Flicking through the above post, I'd almost rather put the points into more stones.

When trying to rush the manifest a large SS pool is definately prefered (he is a very large target with lowish Df despite having some nifty durability abilities). Once he is gone the crew is not that difficult to finish off (especially since the Skeeters go with him).

Having said that, I'm quite curious about using the Whisperer and the Taxidermist together. Normally I've seen the later as something you want to build your list around.

I like having the two of them together as it allows you to recyle the ample Corpse Counters that are going to be lying around (from Dead enemy models in addition to your Bayou Gremlins and Piglets). He isn't the greatest summoner though, even when being bolstered by a large Control Hand from Survival of the Fittest.

Though I like a lot of what you are working toward there are a few things to be aware of.

It is very dangerous to only start with one Mosquito in play (even if planning to summon another one via Larva. They aren't difficult to kill despite a high Df stat and once a player has seen their potential they are a huge target (that can't come back). Be very aware of the Neverborn Faction in General, they have amazing mobility and hit very hard. It also means that you wont be able to launch the Pig Squadrons as effectively on turn 1 (Pigs can easily get outside of the 18" range of Soeey!, especially when Stampeding).

I don’t see that as that big of an threat. Though I’m lacking knowledge of the models out side the outcast’s phalange and only know the basics of the masters I have meet in some games.

Don’t get me wrong, yes it’s a threat that is deadly serious. But as I understand that the basic game mechanism is that all things work in synergy with other models. Pandora is one model that can get to your opponents deployment zone in one activation but still has to position her other models in order to do so. As a rule of thumb you will always get 1-3 activations to react to the threat, assuming that you see it coming, and there are a lot of “you do whaaat?!!” moments when you starting to learn this game. Then of course there is always the exception to the rules.

Another danger of your plan is that you are spending a lot of resources Killing/ Wounding your own models. Granted you can recieve some benefits from their loss however you are also introducing some substantial limitations that an opponent can easily exploit and Forced activations for your models. Slow really hurts the Som'er crew even though they can overcome it by going Reckless (its not like any of the staple models has a large amount of Wd's). Trading one of the Significant models for an Insignifcant one isn't a really great trade (even though the Piglets can gain Significant via the (All) action Root Around).

You pay one action, one 2SS model (more then often you also need to cheat a crow) for a 3SS model with slow and gaining the opportunity to switch out two cards, is not a bad trade. What’s bad is to not have any significant models left at the end of the day. I try to keep my pig count around 5 and my gremlin count on 2-3 (some times more) depending on strategies and schemes. And I’m not that worried about the piglets taking a wound here and their. The retreat as many rounds as they can get a way with it, and if the drop low in wounds, it has 2WD left, send it out on one last reckless mission and use load'er up to have then go out in a blast!

I don’t see that as that big of an threat. Though I’m lacking knowledge of the models out side the outcast’s phalange and only know the basics of the masters I have meet in some games.

Don’t get me wrong, yes it’s a threat that is deadly serious. But as I understand that the basic game mechanism is that all things work in synergy with other models. Pandora is one model that can get to your opponents deployment zone in one activation but still has to position her other models in order to do so. As a rule of thumb you will always get 1-3 activations to react to the threat, assuming that you see it coming, and there are a lot of “you do whaaat?!!” moments when you starting to learn this game. Then of course there is always the exception to the rules.

There are plenty of crews in the game that can easily get at you on turn one (either physically or enough to really screw with your plans).

Collodi and his damn Dolls being a very notable example (and he can do it in a single pack activation). Models with From the Shadows that have a Ranged Weapon (December Acolyte's and Freikorps Trappers) can also do it fairly easily.

Given how much the Giant Mosquitos do for the crew starting with only is very dangerous (especially if playing against a Resser player that decides to hire both a Freikorps Trapper and Bete Noir).

You pay one action, one 2SS model (more then often you also need to cheat a crow) for a 3SS model with slow and gaining the opportunity to switch out two cards, is not a bad trade. What’s bad is to not have any significant models left at the end of the day.

That 1 AP has to come from your Master who doesn't have a Soul Stone Cache so has to hire short to get Soul Stones at all. Additionally, that "more then often" needing to cheat the :crows means you are effectively trading three Control Cards for two replacements. Gremlin's (and Pigs) face a difficult conundrum when they receive Slow, sure virtually all the models can dump it via Reckless but it is at the cost of a Wd on models that average 5 or less.

I try to keep my pig count around 5 and my gremlin count on 2-3 (some times more) depending on strategies and schemes. And I’m not that worried about the piglets taking a wound here and their. The retreat as many rounds as they can get a way with it, and if the drop low in wounds, it has 2WD left, send it out on one last reckless mission and use load'er up to have then go out in a blast!

That is a good ratio to start with.

Though the idea of the Gremlin Taxidermist recycling the wounded Piglets into Stuffed Piglets via Load'er Up is inticing, what you are trading is quite a bit of versatility (Pig Ladders, Card Cycling and very mobile Significant models) for very telegraphed and highly variable offense that results in the complete loss of a model.

I have given this a serious amount of thought now. All I can come up with regarding the Mosquito treat is that you can place the Mosquito behind your other models to block LoS to it. Sense the third Mosquito is summoned about 2”-2½” away from the second you have about 3½”-4” to toy with in your deployment zone. Looking some thing similar to this.

• Green - Gremlin
  • Yellow - Piglets
  • Red - Mosquito
  • Teal - (from top to bottom) Hog Whisper, Taxidermist, Som'er.

post-9967-13911928695845_thumb.jpg

And if the positioning of the Mosquito doesn’t matter, it’s going to get killed anyway and the trade is not worth it, and it’s most likely not. The go for two mosquitoes instead.

Edited by Bahoola
Removed some irrelevant text.