[Yan Lo] Might this be a good start?

Zwergenkrieger

Hi all,

got my Izamu today (a pretty nice model!) and now I´m thinking about getting a Yan Lo box for some additional fun. And because I always like to have some ranged support, a box of TT Archers came in mind, too.

So I like to ask: Would

Yan Lo Box

TT Archers

Izamu

be a good start that offers some interesting games?

Or should I consider some additional purchases, too, to get the most out of Yan Lo?

i recently asked the same question and overall the gist was Izamu and Ashigaru... nothing else is needed. lol.

upon further inspection though, some people suggested Onryo and Datsu-ba (but that would be for a Resurrectionist Yan Lo.

When i hire him as a 10T, i plan on using at least one archer just for the shooty-ness really.

That being said, i have played ressers and lillith for a good while now, and i've kind of gotten used to not having much in the way of ranged support. lol.

the other option if you're really concerned about range would be to build up Yan's path that turns him into a decent caster ( i don't remember which one as i don't have my cards wtih me at the moment) It might not be what you're really looking for, but that's a thought anyway

:D good luck!

My only issue with a 10T archer with him is that if you kill models at range then it is entirely possible to be to far from Yan Lo to get the chi for it. Don't get me wrong, they are pretty nice. But with the speed his group can get thanks to the Soul Porter or the Daimyo I am not sure you need much shooting *and he does have his spells and a range attack should you just need some damage at range rather than melee*. Even things like Papa Loco and Witchling stalkers are not necessarily enough to warrant it as Yan Lo can turn his models into spirits to reduce the damage, and Izamu and the spearmen both got Object to help reduce it further.

My only issue with a 10T archer with him is that if you kill models at range then it is entirely possible to be to far from Yan Lo to get the chi for it.

That seems to be a valid point. I have to have a look on the rules for chi to fully understand your statement though.

On the other hand, sometimes there is that supporting character you like to see dead and therefore the inclusion of 1 archer might be a good idea – just in case. ;)

Hi all,

got my Izamu today (a pretty nice model!) and now I´m thinking about getting a Yan Lo box for some additional fun. And because I always like to have some ranged support, a box of TT Archers came in mind, too.

So I like to ask: Would

Yan Lo Box

TT Archers

Izamu

be a good start that offers some interesting games?

Or should I consider some additional purchases, too, to get the most out of Yan Lo?

What you got there is a great start. Since that is all you have right now, for the first few games play strats you feel it will do well in. After you got a feel for those Next pick ups should be:

Oiran: great support model

10T Brothers: Great utility minion.

If you want to get the most out of the Yan Lo box specifically, believe it or not, pick up a second Yan Lo box. Ashigaru are THAT good. They are creeping up on Drowned as my favorite minion. Personally I feel you get the most fun and thought out of Yan Lo, when he is a rezzer. He gets so many more options then. By all means, don't this discourage you, It's up to you, but seriously, ashigaru are DANK!

Is there no plan for Wyrd to publish blisters of Ashigaru or any of miniatures in the new box sets in individual blisters?

Not that I can tell, maybe a long ways down the road. It's not that bad. You could paint up the second yan lo as a spirit for when he goes spirit in the path of spirit.