Gunsmiths For Hire Tornament 16th June TTN Essex

Clousseau

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any plans to have a Marker competion again, I enjoyed the last one.

They'll be something like that - just need to get Haul of Eggs out of the way and I can think about my June tournaments!

Don't forget to post when you buy your tickets (and not just when you decide you are going) as it makes my life so much easier.

Its fixed faction, not fixed master.

When you play Outcasts, fixed faction might as well be fixed master. There is precious little overlap between the Viks, Levi, Hammy and gremlins. the only cooperation is around the Vik and Von Schill.

Thankfully Levi is a faction unto himself if he is free to pick from all of his available minions.

When you play Outcasts, fixed faction might as well be fixed master. There is precious little overlap between the Viks, Levi, Hammy and gremlins. the only cooperation is around the Vik and Von Schill.

Thankfully Levi is a faction unto himself if he is free to pick from all of his available minions.

I would say you could fill lists for 2 different masters in the outcasts. Since most of them are going to want a high cache you will be picking 22-25 points of models for a crew, leaving a small option for change for each crew. If you want to field both Von Schill and Ophelia, then you are going to be restricted to exactly 2 lists, but you could easily have lists for Viks, Von Schill and Leveticus in this format (especially if you choose Lazarus, and Vanessa picking a arcanist construct that Levi is already considering).

I do agree though, Outcasts struggle more than any other faction in this fixed faction pool.

Anyway - Ticket bought.

Edited by Adran

I would say you could fill lists for 2 different masters in the outcasts. Since most of them are going to want a high cache you will be picking 22-25 points of models for a crew, leaving a small option for change for each crew.

That's the problem, though. At most you might squeeze two crews out of the pool, but they would be two mostly distinct crews given the minimal crossover between Outcast masters' hiring restrictions. In fact, setting aside henchmen-as-masters (and even then you've only got mercs and gremlins as distinct types) the only real crossover is Lazarus, Killjoy and Jack Daw as options in a merc or Levi list, and they eat up a chunk of your 60ss pool by themselves.

I still think that the best option for flexibility is a Levi list with a few choice samples from other factions, but even then 60ss doesn't get you far. Alternatively, you could get a fair few mercs for 60ss, but once you have enough for flexibility you probably don't have the space for another master.

Not that I mind. In practice I am happy playing an assortment of bendy Levi lists. In fact my Malifaux collection is largely comprised of Outcasts and boxed sets that work well with Levi from other factions (and Ortegas - if pressed I could easily field a Guild crew of Ortegas and contructs). In many ways, the flexibility that Levi has makes it much easier to achieve different strategies and harder for the opposition to know what to expect. But they will know to expect Levi.

Edited by Trevelyan

After buying my ticket I read the rules pack and I have a couple of questions...

The schedule says 'Best Gang Shortlisting' - is this the painting comp?

The crew construction section says there is a prize for the best painted crew but the 'And finally...' section mentions a 'Best painted Figure on a 40 or 50mm base' but not a best painted crew. Is it one or the other or both?

"Best Gang shortlisting" is the invention of TTN

"Best painted crew" in the crew selection is my error (forgot to delete it from the GG file).

To confirm, there will be awards for;

Best painted figure on a 40mm or 50mm base (part of pool, and painted by entrant)

Best Treasure Marker (themed to crew)

Thanks for pointing out the shortcomings Kevin - must improve my proofreading!

• 3 weeks later...