A question for Perdita players.

Genji

Hi, I'm a relitivly new player (two or so months) and after trying a couple of different factions I have finally found my favorite, the Guild. I have been playing Sonnia for the past few weeks with great results but I also own Perita and would like some advice from some seasoned players. I have played one game with her with an 8 soulstone pool and she was able to, (with some amazing flips and hands) survive a charge by the new Friecorps armor, kill Von Shill, and survive the rest of the game. I have built the following list and am only bringing six soulstones to start. How many do you seasoned players bring when playing Perdita? Is there a sweet spot for her? The aforementioned list is here:

Perdita +2

Enslaved Nephlim 2ss

Niño Ortega 7ss

Santiago Ortega 7ss

Guild Hounds x2 6ss + 1ss to starting pool

Francisco Ortega 5ss

Austringer 5ss

6ss pool

Thank you in advance for your advice and ideas.

Seems like you are on the right track. Just don't be afraid to modify your list based on strategy and opponent. I try to take 6-8 stones with her personally.

Agreed.

You don't have much melee power in that list so depending on strats/schemes/terrain, don't be afraid to drop the dogs and/or Nino. The dogs can fight, but they die to a stiff breeze and if you lose just one of them they're much less effective at objective grabbing (which is what you should be taking them for).

With Perdita I usually start with her Totem, Santiago and Francisco.......then I pick the rest based on the game. Since you already have Sonnia, don't be afraid to sub-in Stalkers if you need to kill things. They hit hard and the combo of their Dispel Magic and Perdita's Spellbreaker there won't be many effects on you or much buffing going on for the enemy.

On the Soulstone front, that depends on how aggressive you are with her. If you throw her forward to draw fire and attack and use Quick Draw then you should be trying to max out at 8....or if you're facing a super-fast melee master like Misaki, the Viks, Dreamer, etc.

If you play her more defensively, toward the back....using Obey, Hero's Gamble, and Spellbreaker, along with the occasional shot, then 5-6 stones is usually adequate.

• 1 month later...

Personally, I think I would drop Santiago for a witchling and an extra soul stone. Just me though. I don't really value the companion chain that much. I am also not a fan of Santiago, but that is mostly just because I haven't had a lot of luck with him.

You could replace both with a mixture of witchling stalkers, death marshals, and watchers depending on whether you wanted objective grabbing, stabby death, or shooty death.

Perdita doesn't need as many stones as some masters with her naturally high Cb and Df. I would hesitate to take fewer than 4, but I don't often need more than that unless I get into a one-on-one with the opposing master. Otherwise I just use a few stones for defence and maybe to boost a late game flip if I don't thing 'Dita is in much danger.

Personally, I think I would drop Santiago for a witchling and an extra soul stone.

Do you mean Francisco? Santiago is 7ss. Either way, everyone plays best to their own style.....I like both brothers and almost always take them.....but I've also had great success with no family at all - using nothing but the totem and all cheap minions...Stalkers and Marshals and such.

Either way, everyone plays best to their own style...

This. Moreso than any other game I've played your personal style should be followed (with few exceptions of obviously underpowered units).

One thing I would throw in: Consider Sidir if your LGS allows proxying. Sidir and Perdita are beastly together and just the prospect of giving 'Dita 10 Df is terrifying. Not to mention he can use camouflage to screen some of your other models. Though he is expensive.

If it was me I would have at least 1 or 2 melee-centric minions in there to balance the list. A Witchling stalker like has been mentioned before or even a couple of Guild Guards (only average in melee but they bring a lot of utility with Cordon).

Sidir and Perdita are beastly together and just the prospect of giving 'Dita 10 Df is terrifying. Not to mention he can use camouflage to screen some of your other models.

Meh.......I think using that on a DF 8 model is a waste. I'd rather put it on someone else......how about a DF 7 Francisco in your face ready to Flurry....or even a DF 7 Stalker. I'd rather have multiple high DF models for the enemy to waste their cards and SS on.

I was never a fan of the Guardian - body guard thing. But for one more SS, I could see using Sidir just to boost DF and shoot things with that big-ass gun. I think he would fit in well with Lady J - DF 7 with Riposte. Too bad Camouflage has such a short range.

I agree with you completely. There are only rare occasions that you'd want to use it on 'Dita (1 on 1 master matchups being one, if a Misaki player is intent at "Coming at you" for instance). The threat still does a lot to the opponent's psyche I've seen because sometimes (not all the times) they just assume you're going to use it on her.

I've just had lots of success with the matchup - either by Sidir being insta-focused which frees up Perdita, Nino, and co to go all trigger happy on other things or by Sidir taking hits for Dita, providing defense for the brothers, etc. Sometimes he even gets to use his gun (which is great)!

Again, a playstyle/meta thing I guess.

The aforementioned list is here:

Perdita +2

Enslaved Nephlim 2ss

Niño Ortega 7ss

Santiago Ortega 7ss

Guild Hounds x2 6ss + 1ss to starting pool

Francisco Ortega 5ss

Austringer 5ss

6ss pool

Not a bad list to start. I've been doing a lot of research into Guild as I'll be doing a Team Tournament with a friend and have had to pick up Guild Models. Perdita is my likely choice, but some models that are really solid to consider:

Brutal Effigy ~ at 4ss you get Melee expert with a standard Guild loadout of stats with the requisite damage trigger built into his combat. He's also got object 1, so that gives him a little more survivability. Icing on the cake is that he has a 0 action healing spell. The only issue with him is that you can't take the Enslaved Nephlim (can't take totems and effigies unless you're Neverborn).

I love the way Francisco looks, and he's definitely a solid 5ss model with some awesome combat potential. My concern with him is that he is a bit low on the wounds end, which may not see him get in combat as much. Just something to consider depending on a) what strat/schemes you're going for, and B) what faction you're up against.

Witchling Stalker is a pretty awesome model. He's got a sweet combat, magic weapon, and standard Guild damage profile. The point where he really shines is his Disrupt Magic 0 action, which is going to make things difficult for your opponent if they try to cast spells within 6" of the stalker when it's up, and it only affects enemy models to boot (remember that if you have a penalty to flip then you can't cheat).

If you swapped out the Nephlim and Francisco and replaced them with the Brutal Effigy and a Witchling Stalker, your cache would go down to 5, but you'd have some extra strength and a bit of trouble for your opponent :D

Again this is only my insight. Try different builds and go with what works for you, and try to give models a few games to shine or not (it takes me a few games to get my head wrapped around a model. You could be better at that than I :D). Ultimately I say go with what you have fun with the most. Hope this helps :-)

Edited by Mydnight

Meh.......I think using that on a DF 8 model is a waste. I'd rather put it on someone else......how about a DF 7 Francisco in your face ready to Flurry....or even a DF 7 Stalker. I'd rather have multiple high DF models for the enemy to waste their cards and SS on.

I was never a fan of the Guardian - body guard thing. But for one more SS, I could see using Sidir just to boost DF and shoot things with that big-ass gun. I think he would fit in well with Lady J - DF 7 with Riposte. Too bad Camouflage has such a short range.

Ever played against Lilith and her Disappear trigger? Sometimes an extra 2 defense (or -2 combat) helps a lot.

Sidir gives an additional activation, the +2 DF can be placed where you want it, plus other things that he can do. But, to be fair, you can't compare any minion to a master.

It's really not the point anyway. The point is that I would find it fairly useless to make Perdita, the way I play her, have DF 10 when there are other things I could be doing.